@cns must have pasted the url wrong my man, the image won't show up
hpfinsihed2.gif

Now?

Reactions: List

Elan

Proton
Nebulae
A5f5ROC.jpg

Had to go a bit heavy on the filters on this one as the end result came out still quite grainy and i didnt fancy waiting for a re-render.

D

Deleted member 6062

A5f5ROC.jpg

Had to go a bit heavy on the filters on this one as the end result came out still quite grainy and i didnt fancy waiting for a re-render.
this reminds me of the game Penumbra

Danny

Visual Powerhouse
Nebulae
AOTW / WEEK 6/52 / 2020
no song this time bc I can't find one I like

lets go
we postin early today boys

Getting some very max payne 3 intro vibes from this picture, which doesn't make it bad. The angle is great, shows enough on the table to show some kind of deteriorated existence of the guy on the couch who is out of his mind. The posing really conveys that too which is great! But honestly though, not something I thought I'd ever write - but the shadows are very sharp. At first glance when scrolling through all the posts I thought there was a murderer behind the couch. Idk if you're on SFM or Gmod, but in any case there are parameters you can set to blunt shadows. Besides that, great pose.

As for the second submission, it was very dark. I thought you'd get more feedback from this than that one :^).

Awesome work yet again, keeping in that blur effect from before too which I really like. There are major improvements here though, such as the definition in the face and shading of the whole picture, and clearly thought through lighting effects behind and in front of the image. A 10/10 reference here for sure. Love it.

droolsmall.gif

Things that are fantastic:
  • Scenebuild / area.
  • Background scenery.
  • Posing of each individual model.
  • Weapon postures.
  • General scene lighting.
  • Actual spotlighting.
  • Muzzle flashes...1/2
Things that I think could be improved
  • Maybe more floor props (I.e. grass, garbage etc).
  • Muzzle flash that project light onto the area/targets and not just the person shooting
    • Looks good artistically though.

This is good. This is great as a matter of fact but the only thing letting the image down is the consistency of lighting - as in, it looks very flat. And the short alleyway or corner is really a big eye sore imo. The positioning and location of each model is perfect though, and the muzzle flashes are great (but maybe increasing the saturation of the orange/brighten them up a lil?). In summary, everything is great, besides the lighting,

This is exactly what the previous picture needed, just that extra bit of something. Love it. Whatever it is.

Heyyyy, this is a good effect! I get it's probably for a video game or something which is why it's transparent and in the corner. But if I could offer any experience, it's better to crop these things to the size they need to be because that way when you wanna use it, you wont have to re-model/re-open/re-crop the same thing or whatever hole you gotta jump thru. If I could offer any designish tips, might be to either:
  • Give text more space, since it's very enclosed.
  • Or maybe even thin the font a little so it's more readable at a glance.
Very nice though friend.

Wew. This is in fact golden in terms of masking and PNG images. The mountains ✅, the tundra surface ✅, the trees in the shade ✅, the fog ✅, the sun shining onto tree tops from a specific angle that also goes through the clouds consistently??? ✅. Awesome work, really is something to be proud of imo. Nothing here I could offer that I think would make it any better.​

Filtered so well, and crafted in such a way that I thought this was really just hand drawn/concept art. And out of everything in the picture what I like most is the lights. The glow sticks are great, the broken ceiling lights are awesome. But I especially like that i can tell he's holding a flash light by looking at the arm, and the spotlighted area. Great work. Lav it.

A winner? I think it could be @Neythi or @Elan.
b535225d987d.jpg

A5f5ROC.jpg

But I'd really like to highlight @Corey, compared to last weeks submission this is a big step up imo. Great work.
ub1BgHC.jpg

-

Another great week for submissions you guys, love to see all this work come out and the collection of different techniques. Keep it up. Besides, you're all winners to me.

giphy.gif

Have a nice week you guys.
Hope my feedback was useful.
Blah blah blah.
- Danny.

Last edited:

Rondal

And whole beasts of nations desire power
Nebulae
oh that is fucking gorgeous
Was sitting on the beach watching a sunset when it started to go past, so I just started taking photos, I live at the city where the UK Navy is based, so its really common to see warships go past around the time of sunset

surra

Molecule
Nebulae
solid work, just goes to show your models don't have to be over 15k verts to look fancy, keep it up man, i see you're using 2.8, i'm sticking to 2.79 for now, can't even imagine myself switching
I only used blender 2.6 and 2.8 after extremely long breaks so the transition was easy :D

And thank you, I'm looking forward to improving, I want to see how far I can get with this

Donald J. Trump

King of Nebulous
Nebulae
I already posted this in my Photography Thread, but this is probably one of my favourite pictures I've taken in a while.

Film - Kodak Portra 400
Camera - Minolta X-700 (Wish I had my Nikon F3 last summer)
Lens - Minolta 50mm MD f1.2
6s8YsIQ.jpg

Danny

Visual Powerhouse
Nebulae
AOTW / WEEK 7/53 / 2020

I got a thing going on soon so I'mma just write my initial thoughts as I go down the posts.
Looks like it's photo week.

Obligatory photos are mildly hard to 'review' comment.
So orange, so beautiful. Can't tell if this is a DSLR or a phone camera but either way the exposure and fstop is just right for this sun set. I got nothing bad to say about this picture but if it were me taking it I probably would've tilted the camera back just a little bit so you can see more of the sky and so much of the water y'know? Like a lot of water looks the same in a sunset but there could be coolio clouds. Idk, just an idea but this is a great pic!

Remarkable, really have no idea how to even start creating something like this. And it's so nicely symmetrical and stuff too. If it were possible to turn the black into a PNG/Transparent background I bet there'd be a tonne of cool things to make for the HL2 server to make it look really techy.

Obligatory photos are mildly hard to 'review' comment.
Colours are awesome here man, if you edited it after or not the 'bland/faded' colours actually work really well. But if there's one thing this photo could have benefited from, in my based opinion. Is a vertical/portrait aspect ratio. Like your guy modelling here is good, but there's too much city bro I'd cut most of the right side out honestly if it were like a serious shoot. Just my opinion anyways.
LOVE IT.

Portra film photography gang.
Need some more rolls of this stuff but it's just so expensive where I live.

I wont lie my guy this pic be kinda dark though.
I can just about make out it's a car and there's a guy on the right with a cigarette in his mouth but for real this needs some more ambient lighting! Unless he in a deep cave the moons gotta be shining somewhere right? Whenever I do a night pic I always coat the scene build in a dark blue, dim light that kinda replicates a dark moon and build from there. If you still got the save, maybe try adding it in if :^))).

Decided to review this instead of the photography because this is easier.
Feel like I've seen a similar pose before but regardless this is really good! The texturing of the image as well reminds me some of the local shows I've been to around my city. There is a great distribution of light on the stage, but a large portion of the picture is taken up by stuff you can't really see if you catch my drift. Like seeing the shoulders/heads is enough so I would say maybe consider lifting the camera up a lil bit. Besides that, awesome.

congrats on winning dood you won a '@' @Dicknose
FBE4492B36FD2890875F2A980FE7ABD4AC780C63

and so did @Surrator but I can't post the gif idk why

portra gang honours @Donald J. Trump
6s8YsIQ.jpg

-

giphy.gif

nice subs my guys, have a great week!
@me if you wanna chit chat about art stuff
or I'll ttyl!

- Danny

Last edited: