News CONFLICT 2: White Forest - Announcement and Info, 15/06/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
Just some personal shit man but i'm a bit disappointed. Nothing interesting RP wise happened and all I got to do was shoot NPCs which I could do with much better FPS in single player.

Was expecting cooler RP shit but I doubt i'll get it in these big events, prob not gonna check back in.

I'm sorry for typing this up when the event hasn't even started yet, but I really just want to get this off my chest before it eats away at me all day and leaves me grumpy.

i've had more fun wandering than anything else - the entire event feels like a gun circlejerk where everyone who isn't rich or wearing some cringey outfit gets to sit down and play spectator - something that happens too damn frequently and has worn me down over time

so far i've died twice, and will keep count for now - first was the cops on the ridge, second was a black conscript yelling stop and then s2king me point blank

didn't have a gun in my hands but to each their own when it comes to engaging i guess

Reactions: List

Dallas

event guy
Nebulae
Just some personal shit man but i'm a bit disappointed. Nothing interesting RP wise happened and all I got to do was shoot NPCs which I could do with much better FPS in single player.

Was expecting cooler RP shit but I doubt i'll get it in these big events, prob not gonna check back in.
i ask you give it some time, maybe play the union side, or spend some time at the base town

at the end of the day, i can't convince you if you didn't like it - sorry if it's not delivering for you

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
i ask you give it some time, maybe play the union side, or spend some time at the base

at the end of the day, i can't convince you if you didn't like it - sorry if it's not delivering for you
I can see how it might interest others but from a personal stand-point just don't find it that fun to play as a character unless it's in a closed event environment similar to wasteland 3 or that lighthouse one whose name escapes me. On a bigger scale like this I enjoy helping much more.

I honestly do hope you have fun administrating the event and most peoples have fun taking part but it just isn't for me.

Dallas

event guy
Nebulae
I can see how it might interest others but from a personal stand-point just don't find it that fun to play as a character unless it's in a closed event environment similar to wasteland 3 or that lighthouse one whose name escapes me. On a bigger scale like this I enjoy helping much more.

I honestly do hope you have fun administrating the event and most peoples have fun taking part but it just isn't for me.
get you

if i could emulate that closed event experience for everyone then that would be great but there has to be different kind of event when working in this volume

and i have a real hard time doing these events so they aren't exactly fun
but yes i understand

Tranquill

Neutrino
Nebulae
i've had more fun wandering than anything else - the entire event feels like a gun circlejerk where everyone who isn't rich or wearing some cringey outfit gets to sit down and play spectator - something that happens too damn frequently and has worn me down over time

Yeah, my current character has no gear or guns and I was pretty much useless, lol. It seems everyone decked out in their uber-rebel loadouts got all the fun and attention while the blue suits and others got left to watch everything unfold.

D

Deleted member 332

images

Everybody chill out, make a cup of horlicks and bang this low volume on looped. Take whatever enjoyment you can from the situation you're in- Making events is bloody hard. I've not joined yet- gonna be popping on the server shortly.

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
yeah i mean

@Dallas take all the criticism you want or can take bUT

I can still say I appreciate this event not only for the fact we're here but the fact there's just a retarded amount of detail put into things, the amount of setup required, things placed in areas, the # of things that've happened so far

while i can say i missed out on some stuff by being undergeared this event is still super top-notch and the music is great

Tranquill

Neutrino
Nebulae
Yeah, honestly, if people weren't undergeared, then it would be a solid event all around, I'm sure for the majority of those I see right now that are geared, it is enjoyable roleplay wise.

Dallas

event guy
Nebulae
Yeah, honestly, if people weren't undergeared, then it would be a solid event all around, I'm sure for the majority of those I see right now that are geared, it is enjoyable roleplay wise.
thanks for letting me know about this issue

there will be action taken tomorrow in the 2nd half to fix the issue of rebel undergearing

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
My first S2K on Neb in a year or so and I accidently dome the black conscript on my vort so I'd say I did a good job tbh.

Tranquill

Neutrino
Nebulae
Indeed, that's why I am saying the people who only have bluesuit characters feel pretty useful in the event, and I can't blame the geared people either, you can't really get them to do anything without straight up giving them gear, and you know that's not gonna happen.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Indeed, that's why I am saying the people who only have bluesuit characters feel pretty useful in the event, and I can't blame the geared people either, you can't really get them to do anything without straight up giving them gear, and you know that's not gonna happen.
That's really the problem with big events that aren't citizen focused - people want to be included but short of giving them gear (which causes problems on the main server) folks tend not to find that much enjoyment. That's been an issue for as long as events have been made and there's no real way to fix it.

Not blaming my man @Dallas at all though cause I fucking hated having to find interesting ways of including citizens that didn't boil down to "give gun and pray" because it caused shit long-term and the novelty swiftly wore off - and it just isn't easy to find interesting ways every time.

Tranquill

Neutrino
Nebulae
That's really the problem with big events that aren't citizen focused - people want to be included but short of giving them gear (which causes problems on the main server) folks tend not to find that much enjoyment. That's been an issue for as long as events have been made and there's no real way to fix it.

Not blaming my man @Dallas at all though cause I fucking hated having to find interesting ways of including citizens that didn't boil down to "give gun and pray" because it caused shit long-term and the novelty swiftly wore off.

Yeah, you aren't wrong, but it does suck to get excited for a huge event only to find out because of the fact that you don't have as much as other people do, then you can't really be included. I understand it's hard to make something to include everyone with that kind of people, but there should at least be something to allow everyone to be included, I don't care if I just had to make a temporary event character that had gear if it means I get to participate like everyone else with gear.

D

Deleted member 332

Just for IC context, (if any is present) how did citizens end up in the setting? Just for my char

Dallas

event guy
Nebulae
Just for IC context, (if any is present) how did citizens end up in the setting? Just for my char
the transfer from the city took them to the union side to assist forces as labour and conscripts but the refugee citizens who are trying rebel rp here icly slipped out of the city before the event and joined the rebels on their journey

Status
Not open for further replies.