Suggestion Container descriptions

boots

spooky skellys
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Suggestion: Allow us to set container descriptions the same way we do for names and passwords. Within the context menu, a new option would be available that replaces the default descriptor for containers and lets us replace it with our own.
Why it would be worth adding: It'll help with world building and make the game look awesome.
Necessary content:
devs

ATTXeHE.png

Reactions: List

Pyromancer

doNT YOU KNOW how HARD DEVVING IS????
Nebulae
yeah 100% should be implemented, having the ability to custom-tailor slot count could be neat too instead of every single storage container being the exact same cs_milita crate or green locker just because they're the biggest

Gary

Developer
HL2 RP Server Director
Nebulae
yeah 100% should be implemented, having the ability to custom-tailor slot count could be neat too instead of every single storage container being the exact same cs_milita crate or green locker just because they're the biggest
The problem with dynamic sizing is that inventories are registered with static width and heights, so even wanting custom widths & heights between 1-7 would create 49 inventory types

Supporting legacy containers with the current inventory types is also a major struggle, and I'm yet to think of a good way to go about it

Aside from dynamic sizes, custom descriptions is far simpler & should be added

Pyromancer

doNT YOU KNOW how HARD DEVVING IS????
Nebulae
The problem with dynamic sizing is that inventories are registered with static width and heights, so even wanting custom widths & heights between 1-7 would create 49 inventory types

Supporting legacy containers with the current inventory types is also a major struggle, and I'm yet to think of a good way to go about it

Aside from dynamic sizes, custom descriptions is far simpler & should be added
yeah true actually i forgot how fucky inventory stuff is in helix, i remember trying to change total inventory size when we were making MM and it broke half the characters in the DB giving them ghost items/slots and just completely fucked inventories

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
implement it on a map swap when all old containers aren't being transferred

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
yeah but codewise he is saying it's difficult, I believe
yeah but if we're swapping to a map with no legacy containers, could we not just scrap legacy containers entirely

Gary

Developer
HL2 RP Server Director
Nebulae
implement it on a map swap when all old containers aren't being transferred
Containers are part of the framework and not the schema so will need so can't really be catered just for Neb but also for other servers unless it is overwritten, but that isn't something we're wanting to do.