Cooling Down Thread

Northgate

:D
HL2 RP Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Due to the intense heat at the moment, this thread is to share ways to cool down rooms and stay cool during these tthese insane temperatures.

Anything related to cooling is welcome here. Please share as I and others are dying.

CookieDealer

Detailed descriptions? Fuck off.
Nebulae
72451fdd36de1f4f1b013c5806e15ae5.png

I bought one of these at the start of the summer, room gets so cold I needed to take out my winter blanket again to be able to sleep.

Northgate

:D
HL2 RP Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
72451fdd36de1f4f1b013c5806e15ae5.png

I bought one of these at the start of the summer, room gets so cold I needed to take out my winter blanket again to be able to sleep.

Any suggestions at which price range I should look at for an acceptable A/C that'll last me a bit?

CookieDealer

Detailed descriptions? Fuck off.
Nebulae
Any suggestions at which price range I should look at for an acceptable A/C that'll last me a bit?
At this point I'd recommend you give a hand at constructing your own ac. If you got a fan, some bottles, ice and tape you can make a simple AC that will help cool down a bit.

Reactions: List

Pvt Mk III

your fav make and model suck
Nebulae
If you’re in the United States, look on Craigslist or the Facebook marketplace. People sell stuff on there all the time. Not sure if Craigslist is just a local thing for my area or not, but you can usually get pre-owned HVAC stuff online or from other people

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
run cold water over your wrists/apply a gentle layer of water consistently to the main artery on your neck and wrists. Filling a hat you're wearing with water also works, as wind passing through it will cool your head for longer

Honestly, the best advice to cool down is to not bother with doing anything and waiting for morning/night

t. had 12 hour shifts in direct sunlight outside for the last week

Lewis!

フローラルの専門店
Nebulae
open the window a big bit instead of a wee bit

D

Deleted member 1392

run cold water over your wrists/apply a gentle layer of water consistently to the main artery on your neck and wrists. Filling a hat you're wearing with water also works, as wind passing through it will cool your head for longer

Honestly, the best advice to cool down is to not bother with doing anything and waiting for morning/night

t. had 12 hour shifts in direct sunlight outside for the last week
im guessing you're still serving? how is it like?