counter strike 2

Sensei_

Neutrino
Nebulae
I just want to be part of beta testing despite I have many hours on my smurf acc i wasn't selected

BUT

somehow
somehow a friend of mine got the beta with less hours than me

rot in hell valve i wanted cs2 and hl3 not alyx

Reactions: List

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
Trust factor, hours played recently count more, account needs prime and other details

Also they said idling now doesn't matter cause they only count hours recently played before the announcement of CS2

Sensei_

Neutrino
Nebulae
Trust factor, hours played recently count more, account needs prime and other details

Also they said idling now doesn't matter cause they only count hours recently played before the announcement of CS2
just fuck it ok i had all they ever possibly wanted

its gonna be released anyway in summer, who needs the beta testing

*internal total sadness*

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
who needs the beta testing

honestly speaking: yes

it's only a map or two and stuff for people to try to find bugs

sure it's cool but idk, probably worth a few matches then back to GO

Revanox

Nucleus
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
Nebulae
2FBP6Xr.png

GO GO GO FELLOW COUNTER STIRKERS

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
CS2 is out now folks.

Although I do confess, disappointed CSGO does not remain in place as it's own title, that's a lot of custom maps gone.
Including my 2014-2016 map library holding some of my first ever releases

Nebulae
CS2 is out now folks.

Although I do confess, disappointed CSGO does not remain in place as it's own title, that's a lot of custom maps gone.
it's also had some adverse-effects as a result of the complete replacement:
image.png

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
it's also had some adverse-effects as a result of the complete replacement:
image.png
I'm surprised Valve has seemed fairly careless about this tbh.
Granted they had to make sure that the past several years of tradable weapon skins could be easy transfered, easy if the game files just change, don't need to remake or dupe inventories, but I'm surprised there's no backup version just to keep legacy access.

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
I'm surprised Valve has seemed fairly careless about this tbh.
Granted they had to make sure that the past several years of tradable weapon skins could be easy transfered, easy if the game files just change, don't need to remake or dupe inventories, but I'm surprised there's no backup version just to keep legacy access.

There is the "csgo_demo_viewer" app which is, well, that - a CSGO demo viewer

It's simple, not keeping the playerbase divided in two games is the basis of the decision of not keeping CSGO around

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
There is the "csgo_demo_viewer" app which is, well, that - a CSGO demo viewer

It's simple, not keeping the playerbase divided in two games is the basis of the decision of not keeping CSGO around
if the economies were shared between games i dont really see how theyd be losing that much money

but also from an accessibility standpoint it just sucks and i hate it, modern games increasingly just paving over themselves like this is awful

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
if the economies were shared between games i dont really see how theyd be losing that much money

but also from an accessibility standpoint it just sucks and i hate it, modern games increasingly just paving over themselves like this is awful

It's very simple, a divided player base makes for a game with less players and thus less popularity. Servers for two games. Maintenance for two games. Updates for two games.

The second bit you mention is a good point, however it makes absolutely no sense in the case of CS2, as this was an update that was requested by the very own CSGO playerbase. Valve worked on a whole ass game engine upgrade alongside streamers, esport personalities, old and new professionals in the scene, the playerbase's requests and complaints from forums and social networks, and so on. This wasn't Valve's lone decision, players were asking (and joking) about CS in Source 2 for a long while, even asking Gabe Newell himself at an event when "Counter Strike 2" would release before it was even announced CS2 would be a thing or even teased.

What is more: you did not lose your game hours, your achievements, your skins, your progress or anything at all when CS2 rolled out. It's a direct upgrade, you have everything you had but with a better base to work on; all you lost was shitty servers, a 20 year old game engine and

heaveN

bomber rat
Nebulae
It's very simple, a divided player base makes for a game with less players and thus less popularity. Servers for two games. Maintenance for two games. Updates for two games.

The second bit you mention is a good point, however it makes absolutely no sense in the case of CS2, as this was an update that was requested by the very own CSGO playerbase. Valve worked on a whole ass game engine upgrade alongside streamers, esport personalities, old and new professionals in the scene, the playerbase's requests and complaints from forums and social networks, and so on. This wasn't Valve's lone decision, players were asking (and joking) about CS in Source 2 for a long while, even asking Gabe Newell himself at an event when "Counter Strike 2" would release before it was even announced CS2 would be a thing or even teased.

What is more: you did not lose your game hours, your achievements, your skins, your progress or anything at all when CS2 rolled out. It's a direct upgrade, you have everything you had but with a better base to work on; all you lost was shitty servers, a 20 year old game engine and

They deleted all the achievements >:(

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
They deleted all the achievements >:(

Wtf they were there

Well idc much about the achievements anyways

Like if they told me CS2 didn't even carry over the hours from CSGO I wouldn't give a fuck

My favourite game is now better, feels nicer and has a new coat of paint, so I'm still winning

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae

im clearly not gonna convince u here but you can still play every other version of cs still. cs2 is fundamentally different, it should be its own thing - regardless of whatever feedback theyve incorporated there will be ppl that still want to play csgo, not cs2. updating over games is something that just shouldnt be normalised lol, its stupid - its only became a thing with the advent of purely digital games. im assuming someone will come around and make csgo accessible somehow, with community servers - but its still silly

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Yeah I don't agree with just straight-up updating over CSGO.

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
im clearly not gonna convince u here but you can still play every other version of cs still. cs2 is fundamentally different, it should be its own thing - regardless of whatever feedback theyve incorporated there will be ppl that still want to play csgo, not cs2. updating over games is something that just shouldnt be normalised lol, its stupid - its only became a thing with the advent of purely digital games. im assuming someone will come around and make csgo accessible somehow, with community servers - but its still silly

The objective was literally to feed the community what it asked and needed (and also compete in quality with Valorant), and as such there has been no big marketing stunt or announcement, Valve was literally announcing stuff over Twitter and Reddit to talk directly with the players and update them on CS2 release bar the official media released which is like a 1% of stuff.

I understand what issue you mention, and I share your concern, but it's literally not the case in this game, you're applying this to an exception to the rule.

Playing CSGO and CS2 is and feels literally the same, except one is upgraded and has a few new features. "Still wanting to play CSGO" is a valid feeling but anyone who tries CS2 will notice they still have GO on their hands, just has a new coat of paint and better servers/tickrate technology.

It's not a game with story mode, nothing has disappeared and eventually all maps and modes will be ported onto CSGO same way they were. This is not 1.6 to Source, or Source to GO, which were big jumps and changes in both the game features and the meta, it's literally just an update the wide majority of the community asked for (and are enjoying).

Thood74

Molecule
Premium Member
Nebulae
being rid of CSGO is probably gonna suck for all the lost custom maps, community servers and even the small number of mods that were based on CSGO in spite of how unfriendly its made itself for full-scale modding.

as far as the original game which is what most people are here for goes, I don't much care. CS2 is an objective improvement bar the menu and a couple setting changes which are gonna prove to be temporarily annoying.