Information Counter Strike: Global Offensive Cologne 2016

SpaceInvader

Dutch Ally.
Nebulae
600px-ESL_One.png
So tomorrow is the start of the Major of Counter Strike Global Offensive on of the three that are held every year. I loved watching the qualifier and I am currently really hyped about this tournament. So there is 16 teams in total competing this major and they start of within these 4 groups.
Group A
ab81f64104a6fd92fe774e5049770139be7b40f9.jpg

This is a group that to me is going to the worst one. Astrallis(Old TSM) has been rather depressing me these last few days. They have lost the ECS Finals as last of group B when they lost against TSM on cobble and then played a best of 3 against C9 and lost that 2-0 as well. Gambit however played really well in the qualifier for this major and got a fast 2-0 start then lost 1 game and proceeded to beat G2 on train with a 16-10 score line. Dignitas to me is one of those teams that is inconsistent. They can perform rather well but now that Kyear-bye has gone to astrillis and they recieved CajunB I think they can show some nice performances in this group. CLG is going to be a struggle. It's one of the NA teams that has in my opinion lost their best player who is ofcourse jdm64 as he went to Liquid. So predections for this group.

1st: Astrallis
2nd: Gambit
3rd: Dignitas
4th: CLG

Group B
178864e2822e0467dfedb476899294055e4a10f4.jpg
This is going to be a hard group that has some nice competition. Flidsid3 has been really good lately with them beating hellraisers and sending them home. They are however not my Favorited in this group and will likely have to perform even better then they did in the qualifier. Natus Vincere however didn't need to qualify for this major because they reached the final in MLG Collumbus and with Guardian returning to their roster after a hand injury they can perform as they should be in this major. Optic Gaming is a well performing team and this is hard to predict where they will end in this group. I think they are playing better counter strike then NiP is at the moment since they lost the ECS final the same way that Astrallis did. So here are my predictions for this group

1st: Natus Vincere
2nd: Optic Gaming
3rd: Ninjas In Pyjamas
4th Flipsid3 tactics

Group C
2f7b8ebe6e5fda5f9e23c40a4bea991dd56b7b53.jpg
Now this group might actually be one of the closest groups you can see in a Major like this. Virtus Pro has been really up and down stream lately and I'll see them not get these 2 spots out of the group stage.
Liquid has some new roster changes with jdm64 joining their roster and ofcourse s1mple playing for them untill pimp will play for them. I think this team is going to perform really well and they are my most favorited NA team in this Major. EnvyUs has some really good players that can perform really well but they underperform as well. I think that this group is full of inconsistencies which makes is really hard to place any of them in spots. Mous sports is my favorite team since the best dutch player in my opinion is on it and that's ofcourse chrisJ. I think this is going to be one of these tournament that their attitude is going to cost them.

So predictions for this group

1st: Team Liquid
2nd: EnvyUs
3rth: Mous Sports
4th: Virtus Pro

Group D (Group of (D)eath)
27463de8486351c1bd3fa5defb656449f1018b63.jpg
This is the best group of the tournament. which makes it fun but it also sucks. 2 of these teams that are all favored to win the major can only go trough this group. To me this is going to be 1 winner of this group and 1 loser and the other 2 are unclear to me. So let's first start of with SK ofcourse these are the winners of MLG Collumbus Luminosioty which makes them favored for me to win this group if they didn't lose the ECS Finals to G2 so I believe in G2 to take this group because of them preforming really well only down performances they had were at the qualifier for Cologne. Now FaZe is going to be the loser of this group for sure for me. They are good but not good enough to win this group for me and fnatic has not been able to perform to their standards as well so that leaves me to these predictions.

1st: G2 Esports
2nd: SK gaming
3rd: fnatic
4th: FaZe Clan

Tell me your predictions bellow and discuss the tournament and recent teams in this thread. I am going to be fully watching these 5 days for those cobblestone cases my friends. I am also going to do some other malicious activity's with this tournament.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
loved it when itsimpulz and quite a few others accused @Spitfire of cheating and they had to get CM to spectate him
it was pure gold
he only turned on the flashing lights on his gaming chair man wtf no cheats were used

ruben slikk

life aint shut but a fat vagin
Nebulae
i havent watched any esports since cologne 2015 but i might watch this one since cologne 2015 was really fun to watch and unpredictable

Reactions: List

SpaceInvader

Dutch Ally.
Nebulae
YrZiRtS.png

First day of games happend. All bold teams won their matches. I made some profit today but it could have been so much more if those last 2 matches went my way as well. However pretty progressive day and these are my winnings.
3RTLxOh.png

I couldn't be more gasped with FaZe winning against Fnatic. They are in the group of death and are heavily seen as the underdogs in that group and still they managed to beat Fnatic. Fun games though. Didn't get any case drops yet. :(

Duke of Wellington

32nd Wheelie Bin Regiment
Nebulae
I always thought that "pro" gaming was incredibly dumb. Why would I want to watch people with no lives played CSGO against each other, when I can just be playing it myself.

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
I always thought that "pro" gaming was incredibly dumb. Why would I want to watch people with no lives played CSGO against each other, when I can just be playing it myself.
TBH I don't even watch the actual matches for this reason. I just like to catch up on who won what and who is in the lead.