crash
no error msg

reinstalled gmod
reinstalled steam
-dxlevel 81
autoexec.cfg mat_dxlevel 90

none worked.

@Zak @Zombine @Gr4Ss ???

It's probably because you have too many addons, If its not that then just look on youtube for any tutorials that can fix it, Hope I helped

deleting addons did not fix my gmod

Going to run through some options here.

1. Verify game cache and check for any missing files as it's always possible something came corrupt and is causing the crash in the start up process.
  2. There's also a chance you might have missed some addons, this video can help and don't worry it's completely safe just a simple java command.
  3. Reinstalling the game will most likely fix the problem and considering the fact that you've already done all your addons then you might as well.
  4. Haven't tried myself so i can't atest to this, however like when you join servers there's the issue when having too many addons can cause you to crash, i'm guessing that with loading gmod the same concept can apply, try and find a way to unmount all games and then try loading.
  5. If it still isn't working apparently uninstalling team fortress 2 is ment to do something, i'd do it anyway as i hate the game but if you're desperate then just go for it.

Hope this helped you and if you need any more help add me on steam.

nope :(

Last edited:

CuzImWeenie

Proton
Nebulae
It's probably because you have too many addons, If its not that then just look on youtube for any tutorials that can fix it, Hope I helped

Reactions: List

Leadcolt

One true Morty
Nebulae
Going to run through some options here.

1. Verify game cache and check for any missing files as it's always possible something came corrupt and is causing the crash in the start up process.
  2. There's also a chance you might have missed some addons, this video can help and don't worry it's completely safe just a simple java command.
  3. Reinstalling the game will most likely fix the problem and considering the fact that you've already done all your addons then you might as well.
  4. Haven't tried myself so i can't atest to this, however like when you join servers there's the issue when having too many addons can cause you to crash, i'm guessing that with loading gmod the same concept can apply, try and find a way to unmount all games and then try loading.
  5. If it still isn't working apparently uninstalling team fortress 2 is ment to do something, i'd do it anyway as i hate the game but if you're desperate then just go for it.

Hope this helped you and if you need any more help add me on steam.

Reactions: List

Leadcolt

One true Morty
Nebulae
start gmod
blackscreen
crash
no error msg

reinstalled gmod
reinstalled steam
-dxlevel 81
autoexec.cfg mat_dxlevel 90

none worked.

@Zak @Zombine @Gr4Ss ???

deleting addons did not fix my gmod

nope :(

You going to bother explaining what didn't work or you just going to give a incredibly bland answer? I'm trying to help you so at least some respect in that regard.

EDIT: Didn't mean to act hostile just there wasn't a need for an answer that short.

Cat

Nebulae
You going to bother explaining what didn't work or you just going to give a incredibly bland answer? I'm trying to help you so at least some respect in that regard.
none of what you listed above is working

still having the same problem

Leadcolt

One true Morty
Nebulae
none of what you listed above is working

still having the same problem

Did you try reinstalling gmod because there's no reason i can possibly think of as to why it wouldn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.