cuisine thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 1381
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1381

talk about your country's weird cuisines

or your local recipes that are unheard of even a few miles from your town/city

to start with for me:

barm cut in half and toasted + buttered with two poaches eggs with salt and pepper

All Adm*ns are Bastards

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
buckfast and milk. anybody who doesn't think it tastes like chocolate milk is either a lying cunt or a tory

All Adm*ns are Bastards

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
bro is this unironic because a friend told me to have buckfast and milk before and it tasted fucking rank

every time ive seen the whole bucky n milk debate erupt it's always pretty evenly split between people who think it tastes like chocolate milk n people who think it's vile. maybe it's similar to cunts thinking coriander tastes like soap. or maybe the people who don't like it are scum who don't like tonic on its own anyway

keiiou

I asked to be banned
B A N N E D
Nebulae
fermented fish

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
every time ive seen the whole bucky n milk debate erupt it's always pretty evenly split between people who think it tastes like chocolate milk n people who think it's vile. maybe it's similar to cunts thinking coriander tastes like soap. or maybe the people who don't like it are scum who don't like tonic on its own anyway

bucky's good and milk's great i just don't understand how somebody could be so depraved as to combine the two

its like eating chicken and jelly beans

shibe

Molecule
Nebulae
broodje kroket
Heuvelrugbroodjes-kroket.jpg

bitterbal
838_850x567.jpg

chocolate letters
chocolade-letter-1.jpg

frikandel
frikandel.jpg

stroopwafel
dutch-stroopwafels.jpg

gevulde koek
1_gevulde_koeken.jpg

Reactions: List

All Adm*ns are Bastards

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
bucky's good and milk's great i just don't understand how somebody could be so depraved as to combine the two

its like eating chicken and jelly beans

the only time cunts actually drink it is when the tastes like shit/chocolate milk debate erupts at gaffs

D

Deleted member 1381

i think the uk has revolutionised the food industry
york-pud-wrap.jpg

toad in the hole is also fit

recipe-image-legacy-id--736458_11.jpg

Jer

Electron
Nebulae
umm. mince pies and shit. idk. I would say hangis technically that's not my culture. It's fucking nice though, you basically bury your food and cook it there with heated rocks. Takes a long fucking time to do though and takes a fair amount of people. It's worth it tho

Maori-Hangi.jpg

@Jimbo ?

Dr.Towers

Nucleus
Nebulae
pesto-ricetta.jpg

This is pesto sauce, it's made of basil, cheese, oil and pine nuts crushed together, it's a specialty of the region of Italy I'm from :smiley:

bresaola-750x375-0.jpg

This is bresaola, it's ham but made from horse (I always thought it was normal but apparently it's considered weird in other countries)

hd750x421.jpg

These are paccheri, they're like a giant version of normal penne pasta and they're usually eaten with fish sauce °u°

And now food with funny names:
spaghetti-alla-puttanesca-890x570.jpg

There are various names for this recipe but all of them are something along the line of "Bitch's spaghetti" (I'm not using the swear word to amplify the concept, it's literally called using a swear word in most versions)

MINGAREN-strozzapreti-640x436.jpg

This is a type of pasta called "Priest choker", I don't know why, probably because they're pretty big and hard to swallow and priest having the collar should make it even harder...?

tette-monache-on-line-960x611.jpg

These sweets are called "Nun's tits", I would rather not have come to know about this to be honest

And for last a bit of personal butthurt about non-italian pizza
pizza-margherita_1.jpg

This is the most basic, default pizza you can possibly get in Italy, the pizza Margherita. It's composed only of the bread base, tomato, cheese and optionally some basil leaves on top, as you can see there are no "Pepperoni" on it, in fact Pepperoni are not only non-existant in any kind of pizzeria in Italy, not even the ones owned by non italians, but it's not even an italian word: the closest you can get is "Peperoni" that is the plural word for bell peper.
So if you are frolicking through Italy all happy and jolly, then reach a nearby Pizzeria pizza shop establishment and ask them to prepare you a "Pepperoni pizza", the pizzaioulo pizza manifacturer vendor man, who probably has only a superficial knowledge of english and even more superficial knowledge of anglo-saxon culture, will deliver you a bell pepper-covered pizza. If at this point you decry him for his poor comprension skills and demand a refound you will be violently threatened and driven out of the shop along with your vegetable-ridden pizza. In order to obtain a "Pepperoni pizza" you should ask for a "Pìzza al salame" (or maybe read the recipe list that is purposely translated in english like any sane person would do).

p.s. To give you an idea of how "Pepperoni" is inconceivable for italians, the wikipedia page for it doesn't even have an italian translation https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepperoni

p.p.s. Pizza is not a pie, it's just...pizza

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
pesto-ricetta.jpg

This is pesto sauce, it's made of basil, cheese, oil and pine nuts crushed together, it's a specialty of the region of Italy I'm from :smiley:

bresaola-750x375-0.jpg

This is bresaola, it's ham but made from horse (I always thought it was normal but apparently it's considered weird in other countries)

hd750x421.jpg

These are paccheri, they're like a giant version of normal penne pasta and they're usually eaten with fish sauce °u°

And now food with funny names:
spaghetti-alla-puttanesca-890x570.jpg

There are various names for this recipe but all of them are something along the line of "Bitch's spaghetti" (I'm not using the swear word to amplify the concept, it's literally called using a swear word in most versions)

MINGAREN-strozzapreti-640x436.jpg

This is a type of pasta called "Priest choker", I don't know why, probably because they're pretty big and hard to swallow and priest having the collar should make it even harder...?

tette-monache-on-line-960x611.jpg

These sweets are called "Nun's tits", I would rather not have come to know about this to be honest

And for last a bit of personal butthurt about non-italian pizza
pizza-margherita_1.jpg

This is the most basic, default pizza you can possibly get in Italy, the pizza Margherita. It's composed only of the bread base, tomato, cheese and optionally some basil leaves on top, as you can see there are no "Pepperoni" on it, in fact Pepperoni are not only non-existant in any kind of pizzeria in Italy, not even the ones owned by non italians, but it's not even an italian word: the closest you can get is "Peperoni" that is the plural word for bell peper.
So if you are frolicking through Italy all happy and jolly, then reach a nearby Pizzeria pizza shop establishment and ask them to prepare you a "Pepperoni pizza", the pizzaioulo pizza manifacturer vendor man, who probably has only a superficial knowledge of english and even more superficial knowledge of anglo-saxon culture, will deliver you a bell pepper-covered pizza. If at this point you decry him for his poor comprension skills and demand a refound you will be violently threatened and driven out of the shop along with your vegetable-ridden pizza. In order to obtain a "Pepperoni pizza" you should ask for a "Pìzza al salame" (or maybe read the recipe list that is purposely translated in english like any sane person would do).

p.s. To give you an idea of how "Pepperoni" is inconceivable for italians, the wikipedia page for it doesn't even have an italian translation https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepperoni

p.p.s. Pizza is not a pie, it's just...pizza

lmao wops getting angry about food

enjoy your shitty pretentious cheese on toast

shibe

Molecule
Nebulae
more typical dutch food with translation:

kruidnoten ( "spice nuts" ), this is always thrown around at sinterklaas https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinterklaas
kruidnoten.jpg

moorkoppen (moorfaces), don't know the exact translation but a "moor" is a person from north-west africa, probably the better translation is something that begins with an n...
250px-Moorkoppen.jpg

oliebol (donuts?), this is basically a donut without the ring and raisins in them, if you ever eat this always do it with some powder sugar, this is always eaten near christmas and new years eve
eb-oliebollen-gevuld-gepoederd-op-wit.jpg

poffertjes (puffers?), these are basically mini pancakes but they are so damn good, again, always consume with powder sugar
APR_21_MAA_HAPJE-Poffertjes.jpg

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
more typical dutch food with translation:

kruidnoten ( "spice nuts" ), this is always thrown around at sinterklaas https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinterklaas
kruidnoten.jpg

moorkoppen (moorfaces), don't know the exact translation but a "moor" is a person from north-west africa, probably the better translation is something that begins with an n...
250px-Moorkoppen.jpg

oliebol (donuts?), this is basically a donut without the ring and raisins in them, if you ever eat this always do it with some powder sugar, this is always eaten near christmas and new years eve
eb-oliebollen-gevuld-gepoederd-op-wit.jpg

poffertjes (puffers?), these are basically mini pancakes but they are so damn good, again, always consume with powder sugar
APR_21_MAA_HAPJE-Poffertjes.jpg
shibe can i live with you kthx