CW based SCP RP?

Nebulae
I don't think it would be such a good idea. In other SCP-RP servers you usually wait for a few minutes to level up and then just switch from the Class D job to a researcher or a guard etc. However, in SeriousRP I am assuming you'd have to apply for things like researchers and guards. Which means that people playing as Class Ds will have nothing to do except passiveRP.

Also Class Ds are just used and thrown away by the SCP Foundation, so character development as them would be pretty much impossible.

But who knows! Maybe a goodly executed serious SCP-RP can work, but I highly doubt it.

Reactions: List

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I've seen SCP:RP on CW before, it was neat, but it is meant for an extremely small playerbase that can be micromanaged.

D

Deleted member 1381

it'd work and would be good but it just won't happen, lp/neb has never aimed for these sorts of servers although now WW3 isnt gone there might be a chance

DoubleD

String
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I would kill for a CW/Nutscript SCP server. But unfortunately, it's hard to pull off. How do you entertain the players? What events could you do? Who would play as SCPs? It'll ultimately end up like "stuck in a cell RP" unless you're a scientist or a guard

The whole concept is really cool, though. I wish there was more we could do, but the only fun you can have gameplay wise is containment breaches (like in the game) but they don't happen a lot according to most documents on the wiki

kifer

Proton
Nebulae
the scp rp we all know would easily become boring after just some time considering we would be cramped in the same containment site and the cell rp would become stale

it's just not worth the work and the time at all, and the only chance it may have is if we consider an apocalyptic world where a massive breach happened and the foundation had to do shit about it, that would be a whole different story

D

Deleted member 1381

the scp rp we all know would easily become boring after just some time considering we would be cramped in the same containment site and the cell rp would become stale

it's just not worth the work and the time at all, and the only chance it may have is if we consider an apocalyptic world where a massive breach happened and the foundation had to do shit about it, that would be a whole different story
the same was probably said about ww3 and hl2 rp, would easily become boring after some time considering it would just be patrol v patrol and rebels vs cops but it didnt

kifer

Proton
Nebulae
the same was probably said about ww3 and hl2 rp, would easily become boring after some time considering it would just be patrol v patrol and rebels vs cops but it didnt

You clearly have more freedom and rp possibilities in both hl2 and ww3 without as many map restrictions as the same scp site map, and there would be gameplay wise problems considering the same cell rp with occasional breaches over and over again

D

Deleted member 1381

You clearly have more freedom and rp possibilities in both hl2 and ww3 without as many map restrictions as the same scp site map, and there would be gameplay wise problems considering the same cell rp with occasional breaches over and over again
scp rp is tarnished as a result of the multitude of dark rp themed servers, breaches under a cw/ns setting would be very uncommon, and people would be driven(even class d's) by the goal of ranking up and obtaining new roles, be it scp, researcher or security guard

kifer

Proton
Nebulae
scp rp is tarnished as a result of the multitude of dark rp themed servers, breaches under a cw/ns setting would be very uncommon, and people would be driven(even class d's) by the goal of ranking up and obtaining new roles, be it scp, researcher or security guard

I've thought about that, breaches would be very rare, so what remains apart a limited passive roleplay between certain factions?

Class D's being occasionaly sent to be killed by the same scp's over and over again

Researchers pretending to be ignorant about scp's

Occasional raids if we consider external forces (?)

Being a Class D is usually boring, and as soon as people get their whitelists they wouldn't play them again + The same cell rp even for the guards and other minor factions

Seems like a big waste of potential

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
just remember scp has no official lore

everything is headcanon, people are free to believe anything and it cannot be disproved

hell, some people on the scp foundation disagree with safe/euclid/keter classifications and give their scps different ones

which means we would have to make headcanons canon for a server and theyd have to be ones that make more rp

common headcanon is that d class are executed monthly, or at the very least given a strong amnesiac. this literally kills all chardev on non-applied characters so we'd have to change it

same for almost every other thing

Akula

Sangheili Bias
Nebulae
my SCP is a reincarnation of Steve Irwin into the body of a fresh-water crocodile

special containment prodecures: must be supplied with a VB long neck and pack of winny blues every day to avoid unstoppable rampage

classification: safe

SleepyMode

woah
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
As for all the people saying it would be boring as a Class D there are multiple solutions;
  • Make the default whitelists members-in-training of the research faction, security faction, maintenance crew faction etcetra. This'd mean security won't start at the low ranks with pistols as well. Something similar was pulled off by blt950 in his Black Mesa Roleplay servers and it worked quite well. Use Class Ds as event characters for when needed.
  • If we are using site19 we can use the small area downstairs as a sort of place for Class Ds to make RP with eachother.
As for the people saying Class Ds get terminated;
  • It's actually a way less common headcannon.
  • Would matter little if we use them as event characters like my first idea up there.
As for headcanons;
  • We could try to stick to resurruction which was the original route the wiki was going before all the headcanons popped up.
  • We could write something down...
As for raids and containment breaches, as well as experiments;
  • One word: events.
  • We just need a bigger than usual event team.

Last edited:

Mito

Quark
Nebulae
As one who has been the owner/director of the most popular SCP-RP server for almost a year now (and a player of it for 3+ years) I can safely say based on personal experience that it's something just not made for SeriousRP. Several CW and NutScript SCPRP attempts have popped up during the years and all failed with good reason. The roles and general scheme of the gamemode are not fit for it, there are too many sub-roles, divisions for an effective ratio to be formed which even if successful first can not be maintained with a permanent role/WL system that CW employs.

Finally and more importantly why it would be unsuccessful is that the target audience is simply not right for it. The populace of nebulous in itself won't be enough to maintain a healthy playerbase and new players would rarely come as the people who play SCP-RP generally expect instant action and access rather than a long application period to just be a researcher. It's the same reason why EURP failed. It was a semi serious gamemode (DarkRP) made serious and targeted the wrong audience

Last edited:

Jer

Electron
Nebulae
CW: SCP RP would work, but honestly only on a small playerbase I think. If it grew to a population like nebulous', then it would be unmanagable.

tera

Atom
Nebulae
I would love the idea of cw scp honestly, the semi serious ones are really generally bleh.

Josh

Nucleus
Nebulae
i used to play scp-rp a lot back in the day, semi-serious tho, they had a whitelist system for some jobs and i had fun, but it'd be so hard to pull off on the cw framework