Serious Cyber Shoes- Why aren't these things getting attention?

Nebulae
I'm sure you've heard of VR. It's absolutely everywhere.
But, have you heard of VR where you can walk infinitely, in any direction? Sure you have! The Infinadeck, the Virtuix Omni, and Spacewalker are famous for this concept. But what if there was another way to do it without having to throw out $700?

Here it is, Cyber Shoes.

Instead of needing a $700-1200 high-tech suspension system with a treadmill underneath your feet, you just need a chair and a rug. Which, in fact, this does come with. It works by having the whole treadmill system in a strap-on device that you slip on your shoes.

Isn't that the most practical, low cost virtual treadmill you've ever heard of?! why aren't people talking about these?!

Josh

Nucleus
Nebulae
it’s good I guess if ur on a budget but that’s why the high tech machine is so expensive, I’ve never tried it myself but by looking at it you can tell it feels really good to use, the fact that you have to sit down to use these makes them p redundant as I highly doubt it feels immersive as VR is meant to be.
it’s worth splashing on the treadmill version if you’re looking for the most immersion imo

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
LOL

if you want to play a VR game when you're in a wheelchair these seem cool, otherwise this is an utter joke lmao

it's like dry swimming
No this is great as it really combats motion sickness that players experience due to locomotion without movement

Reactions: List

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
LOL

if you want to play a VR game when you're in a wheelchair these seem cool, otherwise this is an utter joke lmao

it's like dry swimming
ever heard of sensory deprivation you div