Nebulae
it’s a shame i’ll have a bad cough and have to self isolate on november 19th :/

Reactions: List

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Premium Member
Nebulae
non binary

in the character creator they're tying your pronouns/gender to your voice, and there are only feminine and male voice options

i assumed that because they said that genitals/body type would be detatched from your gender, that there would be *options to go gender neutral in regards to pronouns

i was wrong though (im guessing they didn't want to record lines 3x over instead of 2x with different pronouns)

e: it does seem like a bit of a misstep, considering they're clearly trying with lgbt rep (same-gender romances, genitals/body type not relating to voice, definitely some lgbt ties with the moxies gang) but not much you can do lol

Last edited:

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
e: it does seem like a bit of a misstep, considering they're clearly trying with lgbt rep (same-gender romances, genitals/body type not relating to voice, definitely some lgbt ties with the moxies gang) but not much you can do lol

not purposefully, mind you

cyberpunk's always had complete body modification, even before gender dysphoria became a recognized thing

even in the 1980 version of the game you could swap your dick out for a cybernetic vagina or vice versa

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Premium Member
Nebulae
not purposefully, mind you

cyberpunk's always had complete body modification, even before gender dysphoria became a recognized thing

even in the 1980 version of the game you could swap your dick out for a cybernetic vagina or vice versa
well yeah, ik those kind of modification themes are definitely rooted in cyberpunk - but i wouldn't of been enitirely surprised if they decided to do the absolute minimum

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
well yeah, ik those kind of modification themes are definitely rooted in cyberpunk - but i wouldn't of been enitirely surprised if they'd done the absolute mininum

projekt red is a pretty good company they'll likely have at least one instance of nonbinary or trans representation

its just that doing it for the main character does means more work for every single voice actor in the game, so i can see why they wouldn't do it

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Premium Member
Nebulae
projekt red is a pretty good company they'll likely have at least one instance of nonbinary or trans representation

its just that doing it for the main character does means more work for every single voice actor in the game, so i can see why they wouldn't do it
yeah they're basically 2/3 of the way there when it comes to inclusivity, its a shame that having to do so much voice work limits these things

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
nomad gamers rise up

get to fuck if you think I'm not rocking a custom-fitted miss-match car that has no place on the streets of the cyberroad(2077)

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Premium Member
Nebulae
nomad gamers rise up

get to fuck if you think I'm not rocking a custom-fitted miss-match car that has no place on the streets of the cyberroad(2077)
i am torn between the cool experience of not starting in the city and driving up to it for that first time versus being a slick corpie

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
i am torn between the cool experience of not starting in the city and driving up to it for that first time versus being a slick corpie
nomad just makes sense to me for a first playthrough. it's your first time playing the game and it's likely the first time your character experiences the city. you learn as your character does and explore the nuances of a new place both as a character and as yourself.

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
i hope to god they have a photograph mode where you can pose with your car and take pictures midway through fights

absolutely based if so

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
i hope to god they have a photograph mode where you can pose with your car and take pictures midway through fights

absolutely based if so
they do.

nomad just makes sense to me for a first playthrough. it's your first time playing the game and it's likely the first time your character experiences the city. you learn as your character does and explore the nuances of a new place both as a character and as yourself.
all of them have a 6 month timeskip and then throw you into the scav mission seen in the 2018 trailer.

makes more sense to pick your lifestyle over what sidequests/dialogue options you get than "yeah it's a new city", especially because that's the same deal with the corpo lifestyle since they rarely come out of their ivory towers.

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
swear to fuck if anyone comes on here to spoil the game i’m gonna blow their house up with a scud missile