Cyberpunk 2077

Johnny B. Goode

Objectively Best MGS poster
Nebulae
Just replayed the entire game, 100% it. Being someone that played the game through on launch, seeing the changes and effort that have gone into the game to make it what it should've been is incredible.

For reference my original playthrough was 26 hours and that was with kind of doing some side missions here and there and the odd bit of collection hunting etc. I decided to just finish the game because it was a bit too buggy, my FPS was like a slideshow and some stuff felt tedious. The story at times would be hard to follow because of skipped dialogue due to bugs, and little details and stuff would easily be missed.

But having played it now? On patch 2.01? My god, what a game. Seriously. I just played 63 hours and it was unbelievable that the game was anything like it was on launch. Actually being able to play the game without any bugs or glitches and a stable framerate was brilliant. And being able to go back and do ALL the side missions, NCPD quests, fixer gigs and cyberpsycho stuff made me appreciate the game so much more. The story felt so much more impactful because from doing the side missions, you got to see the characters so much better.

The rework of the combat, the cyberware system, the perk system is so much better too. No more 100% crit builds that would literally 2 shot the final boss. Smasher came so close to whooping my ass multiple times in the boss fight, I actually had to be smart with how I went about it.

If you played on launch, go back and play now. You won't be disappointed.

Reactions: List

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Just replayed the entire game, 100% it. Being someone that played the game through on launch, seeing the changes and effort that have gone into the game to make it what it should've been is incredible.

For reference my original playthrough was 26 hours and that was with kind of doing some side missions here and there and the odd bit of collection hunting etc. I decided to just finish the game because it was a bit too buggy, my FPS was like a slideshow and some stuff felt tedious. The story at times would be hard to follow because of skipped dialogue due to bugs, and little details and stuff would easily be missed.

But having played it now? On patch 2.01? My god, what a game. Seriously. I just played 63 hours and it was unbelievable that the game was anything like it was on launch. Actually being able to play the game without any bugs or glitches and a stable framerate was brilliant. And being able to go back and do ALL the side missions, NCPD quests, fixer gigs and cyberpsycho stuff made me appreciate the game so much more. The story felt so much more impactful because from doing the side missions, you got to see the characters so much better.

The rework of the combat, the cyberware system, the perk system is so much better too. No more 100% crit builds that would literally 2 shot the final boss. Smasher came so close to whooping my ass multiple times in the boss fight, I actually had to be smart with how I went about it.

If you played on launch, go back and play now. You won't be disappointed.
Have you played phantom liberty?

Johnny B. Goode

Nebulae
Have you played phantom liberty?
Not yet, but I was confused on how to go about it. It says it's an expansion, and not a DLC. Does it follow on after the main story or is it a bunch of side missions? I want to get it and avoid spoilers, so I played through the main story first imagining it as something you could play after

Lewis!

フローラルの専門店
Nebulae
Not yet, but I was confused on how to go about it. It says it's an expansion, and not a DLC. Does it follow on after the main story or is it a bunch of side missions? I want to get it and avoid spoilers, so I played through the main story first imagining it as something you could play after
It gives you a new ending to the game you can pick. I'd recommend just starting a new game, you get access to it after finishing the voodoo boys quest line.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I played it after finishing all the other storyline stuff (besides the last mission) and I was hilariously overleveled - I could take on everything that was thrown at me within 2 seconds besides bosses

I’d recommend playing up to the Vodoo Boys blackwall section and then starting it immediately - you get a lot of really good shit that’ll help you immensly in the main storyline (and Phantom Liberty is just as good, if not better, than the main story)

Lewis!

フローラルの専門店
Nebulae
I played it after finishing all the other storyline stuff (besides the last mission) and I was hilariously overleveled - I could take on everything that was thrown at me within 2 seconds besides bosses
I hate when NPCs treat V like just some merc or when V he/she herself is like "I can't do this without you..." or "this is too dangerous!" Like I didn't just evicerate every single henchman from point A to point B on every mission and on the way here.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I hate when NPCs treat V like just some merc or when V he/she herself is like "I can't do this without you..." or "this is too dangerous!" Like I didn't just evicerate every single henchman from point A to point B on every mission and on the way here.
I legitimately took on the entire dogtown stronghold just on the way from one gig to another just “because” and cleared it in about 30 seconds

If you can get the problem solver and run the cyberware that gives you a higher crit chance the further you are away its hilariously broken if you buff your stealth damage too

I think I have 89% additional stealth damage on-top of the normal damage

Johnny B. Goode

Nebulae
i'm not a massive fan of stealth and such, my most recent playthrough i was a cowboy that'd go in guns blazing with the overture, a shoot first questions later kinda guy he was pretty based

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
i'm not a massive fan of stealth and such, my most recent playthrough i was a cowboy that'd go in guns blazing with the overture, a shoot first questions later kinda guy he was pretty based
Oh I mean I’d sit outside detection range and enjoy a 120% damage bonus while lazering everything to death in 20 seconds

Lewis!

フローラルの専門店
Nebulae
5JEP7uL.png

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
Playing it for the first time today.
That mission with the cyber freaks at the start from the old gameplay trailer, love how my corpo background gave me so much extra stuff.
I alt F4'd to do the quest again and see what else goes on.

If the rest of the game is like that I'm going to have a great time.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Playing it for the first time today.
That mission with the cyber freaks at the start from the old gameplay trailer, love how my corpo background gave me so much extra stuff.
I alt F4'd to do the quest again and see what else goes on.

If the rest of the game is like that I'm going to have a great time.
They fixed a lot of the stuff up so its mostly like that

If you like the game, buy phantom liberty immediately

rob

Nebulae
Here we go again...

EDCFF75F311779DFD3F6432B7E75791A3280839D

(starting anew, never beat the game, gonna play from the start and do the DLC as well, when it's time)