D&D 5E (Astro House Rules): Lost Mine of Phandelver

Warwick

Mum Looks Like Tracy Beaker
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
med.png

""Lost Mine of Phandelver" brings the 2015 ENnie Gold Winning Adventure for Best Production Value, Best Family Game, and Best Publisher (Wizards of the Coast) to the four-time ENnie Gold Winning Best Software, Roll20.

Ideal for a group of 4 to 6 players, "Lost Mine of Phandelver" includes the entire adventure in a digitized format with 5 pre-generated characters, digital game tokens and maps, digital handouts for both Dungeon Masters and players, and the high-powered customization of the Roll20 interface."

This is another one ran by me, boys and girls. You know what to do.

Use: http://www.orcpub.com/ - for your character sheets,
using this PDF of the player handbook for help if you need it: https://vk.com/doc30076597_321983871

No characters are off limits, but if it's OP or dumb, it's not getting accepted.

There's only room for 4-6 of you in this campaign, so apply well. This will be a weekly thing, likely taking place on a weekday, for 2-4 hours per session. PM me your character sheets once they're complete.

Things to consider:

• Ensure you're finding out your racial, and class special abilities, for example the fey ancestry of elves. This will need to be found out by yourself, by reading the player handbook, and entered manually into your character sheet using a PDF editor. Simple, really.
  • If you're a wizard, don't do what one of my other players did and forget to add spells. Christ.
  • There's no penalty for carrying multiple weapons in my campaigns, so I allow one of any weapon type you're proficient with. For example, 1 Martial Ranged, 1 Martial Melee and 1 Simple Melee.
  • Top carry weight is 60lbs for smaller characters, 80lbs for average characters, and 100lbs for above average characters.
  • You start with whatever items/weapons you can justifiably own, including musical instruments and coin.
  • Use pointbuy.
Ask questions below if necessary, and keep your character sheet to yourself until the date of approval.

Last edited:
Reactions: List
Nebulae
died out from a lack of people responding

shame really, i enjoyed it
i liked the concept of the entire story being retold in a thread kinda like a TV-show

but the bigger shame was that my Sven wasnt accepted.

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
Why is it always 5e :(:(:(

I want my Gray Elves.

swagile

Atom
Nebulae
Good luck with the campaign, looks like a lot of fun with the flexibility you have allowed.

DnD is fun, but you guys do it in a odd timezone for me.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

Phew.

Most DM's automatically ban Drows OOCly because they're quest killers.

Drows are normally more hated than demons simply because they're known for betraying literally for the lolz. They're like Kender, but evil.

They're also banned because 90% of players that pick them want to be a "Good" Drow, of which there was only ever one, and he was still a colossal cunt.

Seriously, Drows rape and kill people for fun.

swagile

Atom
Nebulae
Phew.

Most DM's automatically ban Drows OOCly because they're quest killers.

Drows are normally more hated than demons simply because they're known for betraying literally for the lolz. They're like Kender, but evil.

They're also banned because 90% of players that pick them want to be a "Good" Drow, of which there was only ever one, and he was still a colossal cunt.

Seriously, Drows rape and kill people for fun.

Wtf, Drows are the best people to have in a party.

They are literally John (your character in that campaign we did) except 10x.

Chaotic players that are known to be chaotic bring about the weirdest fucking quest lines like the spooky bog witch sending you on a roundabout journey in a swamp that opens a demon portal through human sacrifices. Now that is some interesting shit instead of slay dragon X or save princess Y or raid goblin cave Z.

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Wtf, Drows are the best people to have in a party.

They are literally John (your character in that campaign we did) except 10x.

Chaotic players that are known to be chaotic bring about the weirdest fucking quest lines like the spooky bog witch sending you on a roundabout journey in a swamp that opens a demon portal through human sacrifices. Now that is some interesting shit instead of slay dragon X or save princess Y or raid goblin cave Z.

Except Drows actually rape each other for fun.

They're not chaotic, they're just all evil to the point where they're regarded as a "Kill On Sight" Race for literally everyone.

swagile

Atom
Nebulae
Except Drows actually rape each other for fun.

They're not chaotic, they're just all evil to the point where they're regarded as a "Kill On Site" Race for literally everyone.

But that is the fun of DnD.

The elements of shit in your party that you have to deal with. The drama John started and the misinterpretation of my cleric as a druid was some of the funnest party drama fights ive ever had.

Drow just bring more of that fun as your party would have to align itself with a chaotic neutral, chaotic evil, or even pure evil faction in order to fend off the horde of righteous lawful good and goodie two shoes trying to kill you because you have a Drow in your party.

I just feel as if it brings more variety and forces you party into situations in which they have to be more sneaky / cunning than the usual "walk into tavern, and get a quest" storyline.

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
But that is the fun of DnD.

Trust me when I say that no player will enjoy it. A campaign where all quests are on hold until further notice because everyone refuses to even acknowledge your existence until they kill that Drow that's following you is not fun.

The elements of shit in your party that you have to deal with. The drama John started and the misinterpretation of my cleric as a druid was some of the funnest party drama fights ive ever had.

Yeah, but that was because I made him a shit brewer. But he still knew when it was quitting time. A drow is the kind of race where it's bordering on FailRP to not betray someone at some point.

Drow just bring more of that fun as your party would have to align itself with a chaotic neutral, chaotic evil, or even pure evil faction in order to fend off the horde of righteous lawful good and goodie two shoes trying to kill you because you have a Drow in your party.

Or the party can kill the Drow and move on.

I just feel as if it brings more variety and forces you party into situations in which they have to be more sneaky / cunning than the usual "walk into tavern, and get a quest" storyline.

Yeah, but if no one likes that stuff, then it shouldn't be continued.