Movie Megathread

Dallas

event guy
Nebulae
Your honest opinion on the godfather.
overrated but i love the ending a lot

i feel like it's much a movie of its time, a movie that is entirely of the era it was made - as much as the matrix defines the turn of millennium

Reactions: List

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
No country for old men?

The shop scene was so fucking tense holy shit

Excellent attention to detail and construction of scenes along with well written lines for each character.

Dallas

event guy
Nebulae
No country for old men?

The shop scene was so fucking tense holy shit

Excellent attention to detail and construction of scenes along with well written lines for each character.
brilliant movie, 2nd best cohen bros film (best is llewyn davis)

anton's character is the perfect expression of nihilistic rejection of modern society - a force of chaos on the fringes of life, almost acting as a walking metaphor for death itself

again, there's so much to talk about there and im hardly the first to say it but im of the belief that anton represents chaos, the random nature of life and its cold indifference to pain and suffering - as well as its illogical turns of fate/chance

Weeknder

Nucleus
B A N N E D
Nebulae
overrated but i love the ending a lot

i feel like it's much a movie of its time, a movie that is entirely of the era it was made - as much as the matrix defines the turn of millennium
Extremely overrated but the ending was amazing. The character development was even better. The way Michael Corleone turned from a guy who didnt want anything to do with the family to the don who killed all the other leaders.

el malman

Proton
Nebulae
I’m planning to enter a cinema school here in france (anything public has like ten entries a year, huge concurrency so I gotta prepare months if not years in advance)
For the entry tests, a lot of stuff revolves on both the history of cinema and film analysis (either a scene or a whole film we watched prior)

I got the history of cinema covered (got myself that “1001 films to see before dying” book, pretty complete and neat)

But on that analysis exam, that’s another matter

Do you have some films in mind that relay themes, ideas or subjects through visual representation and whatnot? much like shame’s “left to right” movement, which later introduces a “right to left” motion to underline the guy’s will to fight addiction

Planning to train a bit on those

Dallas

event guy
Nebulae
I’m planning to enter a cinema school here in france (anything public has like ten entries a year, huge concurrency so I gotta prepare months if not years in advance)
For the entry tests, a lot of stuff revolves on both the history of cinema and film analysis (either a scene or a whole film we watched prior)

I got the history of cinema covered (got myself that “1001 films to see before dying” book, pretty complete and neat)

But on that analysis exam, that’s another matter

Do you have some films in mind that relay themes, ideas or subjects through visual representation and whatnot? much like shame’s “left to right” movement, which later introduces a “right to left” motion to underline the guy’s will to fight addiction

Planning to train a bit on those
tarkovsky is the go-to for symbolism in film, imo

ivan's childhood is filled with some amazing visuals - the kind of storytelling where you know you've seen something special

also awesome news about the school, i hope you get in and become the next kino master of film