Day of Infamy Technical Issue

D

Deleted member 22

Hello my friends, I submitted a ticket to the NW support page but hopefully someone else will have a solution to this problem, dunno if this is something for the technical thread, doubt it tbh. I'm not really a computer savvy guy, I actually don't even know how to download mods for Fallout, never have in my life to this day.

I'll copy paste my message to the support team here.

I just bought Day of Infamy, I am an owner of Insurgency and have had no problems with that game.

Basically what happens is whenever I try to launch Day of Infamy, pressing play on it, the grey steam box message pops up claiming that it is performing first time setup...installing: Microsoft VC Redist Package (step 1 of 2)

After that it just stalls, and a white message from microsoft pops up with the title Microsoft Visual V++ 2015 x86 Minimum Runtime - 14...

The message goes on to explain, The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click OK to try again or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'vc_runtimeMinimum_x86.msi' in the box below.

If I click ok, cancel, or the X button, the message pops up yet again, and finally the game launches displaying the beach, tank traps, and the NW logo, just freezing, and if I click alt tab it states how this game requires steam. I have had this issue with another game called Squad, I really would like to be able to play this game, I do not know how to resolve this issue.