DayZ Standalone

Rusty Pebbles

Stick in the mud
Nebulae
Anyone want to play DayZ standalone and build a base or something?
Really would like to get into the game if I can.

fofa

Atom
Nebulae
it's fun with mods and friends

i'd never buy this game if i'd have to play it alone

and dont build a base ok it's really easy to destroy right now

Reactions: List

Rusty Pebbles

Stick in the mud
Nebulae
Uuuuhhhh- I want to play this game with someone. Thanks for the tips and all but I already have the game and I enjoy it. If anyone is interested just hmu.

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
it's easily one of the roughest gems that exists on the steam store right now next to a plethora of other games, me and a friend still regret not buying it when it was $29 during that free weekend

spent 26 hours on it total during that weekend, it's an entirely different experience in and of itself and deserves its place as a survival game

we skimped and bought arma 2 just to play that dayz and it's so lacking in QOL cahnges and community it was astonishing

if it ever dips below $40, it's more than likely worth the purchase - people will tell you it's rightfully scuffed in a lot of ways but the absolute foundation of fun is in place and can't be shook

probably the biggest thing people never talk about is world design - there's no generation of bushes or fauna, wandering a forest truly feels like you're moving rather than passing the same chunks of flipped and pre-fabricated land, you can use specific bushes near objects as landmarkers, watch the trees sway in the high winds (which is intensely fascinating at high FPS) and in general stop and smell the roses between your work. People shit all over it but there really isn't any match to slowly walking down a road between massive apartment blocks, taking in the sights around you before climbing one for the night and watching the sunset. It's eerily similar to wandering an abandoned road irl and listening to nature around you

sound design and world is great but the removal of its weaponry scuffed release so hard I don't think it'll recuperate until mid-february

It's worth some form of money though

Reactions: List