• no

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • cultural marxism is a cancer

Votes: 23 52.3%

• Total voters

the last man

corn lord
Nebulae
Turns out, the way people use language in media changes over time. Every age and genre of music has shit, look back to the 50s, not every song will be good, look at music now, alot of it is shit, like music has been since forever.

You cannot simply compare a few samples of music and then generalize and attach it to whole generations, it's called pop for a reason, it's popular, trends change, language changes.

It's completely fine to not like some modern artists because of the way they express their lyricism, but please do not take it as a sign that all of the civilized world is in a downspiral of dumbness and sexualization.

It is also vital to remember that there has always been stupid people, we probably live in an age with the highest average intelligence due to mass media and the likes. The thing is that now with the internet and mass media your exposure to stupid people have increased dramaticly, people are not getting dumber, you are just seeing more dumb people.

Nah mate, you were born in the wrong generation, let's just all jump back to a darker age filled with higher rates of illiteracy, significantly less understanding of medical phenomena and the constant threat of NUCLEAR WAR.

REVV UP THE DELOREAN LADS, LET'S CATCH OURSELVES SOME POLIO.

gigi

Atom
Nebulae
LCmC1Fv.jpg

not hipster enough for my tastes

abcdefg

Atom
Nebulae
it's okay dude you can just listen to older music or find music that isn't pop in current generation

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
Sadly this problem pretty much applies to any period of music. It's our turn to be on the frontline to face the shit music that tries to pass us.
The good stuff will slip through the cracks and become timeless while the people that will proceed us will be having this same conversation in the next decade or so, and we can sit back, relate to them, but then laugh at them.

Reactions: List

Bada$$

Electron
Nebulae
Pop music is a fuckin waste of a music studio, it takes no skill to throw a few shit lines together and it be classed as good, The reason i listen to nothing but Hip-Hop is because of the meaning behind the lyrics, its completely different to meaningless pop shite, the thing is pop music doesnt even sound good to listen to, its just straight cancer, at least with rappers are aint lyrical like Night Lovell his shit sound good.
[URL='http://genius.com/Ab-soul-huey-knew-lyrics#note-10524581']
I'ma black out, black out, black out, black out
You telling white lies while I black out
Black out, black out, black out, black out
Pale white horse when I black out
Black out, black out, black out, black out
Spark the white lighter then I black out

Even white lives matter when I black out
Bucket of black paint in-front the white house :heyzeus:[/URL]

When your high af and lyrics as simple as these mean shit like this:

While to “black out” means to be so intoxicated or high that you pass out, the last line of the hook transforms the entire bridge’s message – it’s no longer about passing out, it’s about race. Because “this ain’t marijuana” it’s evident that Soulo is talking about his skin tone, further emphasised by flipping the “black lives matter” name.

The “pale white horse” is a biblical reference, derived from Revelation 6:8:

I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Each line of the bridge juxtaposes black and white in a different way:

White lies/black out
White horse/black out
White lighter/black out
White lives/black out
Black paint/white house

You start contemplating a lot of shit though

Gungeoneer

Your neighbourly friendly guy.
Nebulae
Are you, are you coming to the tree?
They strung up a man they say who murdered three.
Strange things did happen and no stranger would it be.
If we met at midnight at the hanging tree.

Postal

Molecule
Nebulae
i suppose no one can remember the late 90s and early2000s when you couldn't go nowhere without hearing this horrible sound where they were trying to sound like a pg13 version of kurt cobain or the really bad rap/rock fusions songs that are terrible people were running with, which people are still pretty much doing now these days with hip hop and synth

sounds like an iron maiden riff

Last edited:

Bada$$

Electron
Nebulae
i suppose no one can remember the late 90s and early2000s when you couldn't go nowhere without hearing this horrible sound where they were trying to sound like a pg13 version of kurt cobain or the really bad rap/rock fusions songs that are terrible people were running with, which people are still pretty much doing now these days with hip hop and synth

sounds like an iron maiden riff

Fuck, i forgot about you, all you do is talk utter shite about music, you literally listen to the type of music i would associate with self harm so if i was you i really wouldnt speak on horrible sounds in terms of music ever again

Jimbo

Molecule
Nebulae
Why can't everyone just have their own taste in music without some cunt trying to convince you (a) genre is better than (b)

like who gives a shit if it didn't take talent to make it, if you enjoy it you should be able to just enjoy it

Postal

Molecule
Nebulae
Fuck, i forgot about you, all you do is talk utter shite about music, you literally listen to the type of music i would associate with self harm so if i was you i really wouldnt speak on horrible sounds in terms of music ever again

here are some tracks