delete

All Adm*ns are Bastards

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
The season of beer and skunk is over. Let us welcome the season of spirits and cigarettes with open arms and rotting guts.

Dist

Proton
Nebulae
i went to college briefly before i left. schooling isnt for me. not really sure what i want to do with my life, if i even want to do anything. ive kinda given up
Tbh that sounds very worrying, have you graduated in any diplomas or anything or what?

Modernglib

fat immigrant
Nebulae
i went to college briefly before i left. schooling isnt for me. not really sure what i want to do with my life, if i even want to do anything. ive kinda given up

do you still live with your parents?
do you have a job?
are you generally just a leech off of other people?

^ thats more the stuff you have to think about instead of what you're happy with right now tbh.

Kirshbia

Music Junkie
Nebulae
Don't make idiotic mistakes during school, at least try to enjoy it. I quite enjoyed my last years of school, although I decided to quit school and work instead.

I had a blast with it. Though to be fair I actually dislike going to school I just shut up and do it because I like having nice things and my kid is expensive.

Pretty much in the US if you don't want an education you get these options for a sustainable family wage.

Work in a factory.
Pros: decent wage, most are union and have pretty competitive benefits, easy as fuck to do.

Cons: hours are a bitch and unless you like working in temperatures ranging from 40 degrees in the winter to 130 in the summer for ten to twelve hours a day it kinda sucks to be you. Also, a fuckton of people are in waiting lists for th the better paying companies so within out an in beforehand a lot of people are better off not even trying.

Truck driver
Pros: wage by milage is usually pretty good. Lots of training so you don't fuck up. If you get your license a lot of companies look for that and a heart beat.

Cons: some of these companies are shady as all fuck. I work for a logistic company that sometimes relieves and rescues loads off truckers that are pushed to the legal limit all the time so they're treated little better than dogs. Fuck ups are also remembered for a very long while even if someone got a black mark that's eventually found out they were not at fault for.

Join the military
I won't list the pros or cons. I did this and they always want grunts. Tbh though if I didn't have a kid I would of gotten out of my first contract, went to college, and went back in an officer like punchpacket (except I would of been cooler). It's still harsh especially if you ever want to settle down.

Construction/landscaping
Pros: crazy good money
Cons: market is over filled by immigrants, back breaking labor.

I could keep going on and on but the point here is not to underestimate the value of education. Even if school isn't for you stick it out or settle on a trade for yourself. Keep a plan b ready if only do you for sure have something you don't hate doing everyday if plan a fails.

And this is as real as I am willing to be here guys because it's a serious subject. Your parents may nag the same shit to you but they're a hundred percent right.

Nagging over. Hope you guys had a good summer.

Reactions: List

Kirshbia

Music Junkie
Nebulae
Yeah, it's slightly different here in Norway. I got a good and comfortable job coming out of school, still happy with it! It's that job that got me sent to Singapore as well. =)

Hey, dude. You're winning then. :)

After I went on vacation in the UK for a couple of weeks, I sent the kidlet to the camp he wanted to go to and still had enough money to buy a jetski for the cottage we half own and since I really wanted it with the kiddo. Well, you get the picture. I'll just add an additional WHEEE for my inner child.