Serious Detroit: Become Human

Maytree

Black Hole
Nebulae

This is a thread mostly about the sony's up coming game.
Feel free to post any news in here or discuss about the game itself.

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I've been waiting for this since the 2015 announcement.

Jas691

Nucleus
Nebulae
so much raw emotions
this melancholy
showing a real low of what humanity has unfortunatly to offer
very aestehtic

im also a great fan of visual novel genres overall which explains perhaps enthusiasm from not only me but others on nebulous for roleplaying

it might also show ppl with anger issues what harm their condition might cause and prevent some shit
who knows

im anticipating it =^.^=

anyways
ill go and fk my sexslave who i keep in my basement now before i kill them since i got bored of them brback

Last edited:

Dr.Towers

Nucleus
Nebulae
Am I the only one that is annoyed by the fact that ALL androids are humanlike? I mean not just the android specifically made for domestic use or to appear indistiguishable from humans but also road cleaning crews or workers all of them have sophisticated (and costly) facial expression and body language hardware/software, also why all of them come equipped with ultra advanced AI that could potentially have them rebel against their masters? Was really that necessary to give what is basically a roomba human-like intelligence? Or maybe the developers were afraid that people won't notice their NEXT GEN facial expression software, sick motion capture technology and celebrity guest stars on which they have poured 99% of the budged? Or maybe they were unsure if people would get the OBLIVIOUS slavery symbolism that makes Fallout 4 looks subtle by comparison?

p.s. How exactly androids "free" each others? I mean a robot is programmed in a certain way, I don't know the details of the plot of the game but I suppose the rebellious androids somehow outgrow their programming with the experience accumulated so far, so when they free the other androids does that means they "brainwash" them by overwriting their purpose in life with their own? Doesn't this make them slaves too?

p.p.s. I'm pretty sure that in a realistic situation the ginoid in that trailer would have simply called the police on the man for domestic abuse, that's it.

p.p.p.s. Robots = machines in general, Androids = robots that looks like men, Ginoids = robots that looks like women

Maytree

Black Hole
Nebulae
I'll be surprised if the game's lore took place in westworld.

gigi

Atom
Nebulae
The concept is retarded

Why would you mass manufacture androids that have free will
they dont, part of the concept is about an androids software malfunctioning and developing free will as a result, rather than them having it as a baseline
the tech demo short that inspiried the entire game from the popularity of it gives some insight