Diary of a Lost Soul

Akula

Sangheili Bias
Nebulae
image.png

Who the hell am I?

That's the question that's been burrowing itself in my skull like a damned worm through an apple. My thoughts are scattered to the winds, so I might as well try my hardest to put it all in one place. Coagulate it. Maybe I'll start remembering shit that way.

So, here's what I know so far;
My name is Rannveig Norheim
I'm Norwegian (NOT Swedish!)
I speak both Norwegian and English
I'm roughly six foot tall, built like a brick shithouse. Jaw like an angle grinder.
I've fair hair and blue eyes
I woke up in a gutter in a placed called "Bucharest."

That's it. That's what I got to work with here. Like I said, woke up in a fucking gutter, some rathole named Bucharest, Eastern Europe, according to some guy I met in a stupid hat. I wandered the streets for hours, hopped up in a daze of mental fog that was almost as thick as the real stuff that drenched the rubble-strewn streets.

Saw fuck-all. Least for a while. Guys with guns, running around like headless bloody chickens. None of them got too close to me. Probably for the best. Saw a hospital, figured I might find help. I did, just not the sort I was expecting.

Her name was Val. (Vaal?). Only knew that because she let me peep her ID (Romanian Free State???), gave me about four fake names first. Not that it really mattered. She could've introduced herself as the Administrator of Earth, I probably would've believed it. She took me to her 'home' (A garage, also her workplace from what I gather), cooked up some stew, some coffee. Gunshots, explosions. Sounded like a fucking warzone outside. (Probably was!).

Val floated a lot of theories. Her favourite was that I was from the past. Stepped into a portal and got dumped out in this slavic shithole. I'd have liked to think that was true too, but I didn't remember any portals, and I sure as shit don't remember any historical crap. Found an ID in my pocket. Had my name. Combine ID. (Union?). I'm from City Seventeen, which doesn't exist any more far as I can tell. Val mentioned an explosion so bad it 'ripped open the sky'.

Ripped open the sky. Yeah. Remember that. Couldn't forget it.

So, I'm from a city that doesn't exist anymore, with no memories, and I got a Union ID in my pocket.
Slave? That's what Val said.
Refugee? Fuckin' hope so.
Something else? I'm trying not to think about it.

Val and her husband (???) let me sleep on their couch. Frankly the both of them are crack-addicts. Some base part of my mind feels like I need to judge them for that, but I don't really know why. (Funny, isn't it? So much of these prejudices and we don't have any real reasons behind them). They fed me, put a roof over my head. By the sounds of all that automatic gunfire outside, I got pretty fucking lucky.

I'll write more when I remember more shit. If it's worth writing down.

- Rannveig
26/?????? who fucking knows

Reactions: List