directed by michael chest / chester does video editing

Chester

custom title
Nebulae
over the past couple of days or so i've been speaking to people about me learning how to use video editing software and most of them said i should plug my stuff here

i don't really have a schedule but i will post at least once a week by friday, i don't like going into games trying hard to get epic funny moment shadowplay clips; i would rather it came naturally but that happens quite often so i'll be posting regularly i believe xoxo

i'm aware of the transition bug/glitch at the end of the modern warfare video xx

Reactions: List

Argoss

String
Nebulae
I like your idea and the project you started. I like your editing, what platform do you use to edit your videos?

warlord

String
Nebulae
For video editing, you've got a variety of options like Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, and DaVinci Resolve. I've been in the editing field for over three years and often lean towards lesser-known platforms because they often offer great features at a more affordable price.

One such platform I've been using for the past year is Movavi. It strikes a great balance between user-friendliness and a range of editing tools – from basic trimming and filtering to more advanced features like chroma keying. It's worth checking out for its versatility and ease of usage.

Last edited:

boots

spooky skellys
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
For video editing, you've got a variety of options like Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, and DaVinci Resolve. I've been in the editing field for over three years and often lean towards lesser-known platforms because they often offer great features at a more affordable price.
I've heard that DaVinci Resolve was/is the best video editing software there is, but is that necessarily true? I'm just wondering because I'm not really sure which one to pick up/stick to. I used to use Premiere Pro and After Effects although it's been a really long time since I've done really any sort of video editing.

Chester

custom title
Nebulae
I like your idea and the project you started. I like your editing, what platform do you use to edit your videos?
Hi, thank you, these are quite old and I haven't done much of this since 2021 but I have been thinking of getting back into it soon :)

I used DaVinci Resolve. The free version I used came as a decent suite for beginner video editing. From someone who had 0 experience with it, it was pretty easy software to pick up and learn. Some parts of it aren't incredibly intuitive and the UI could be less clunky but other than that I had no complaints. Others who are more well-versed in the field will have a better idea of it than I do, I'm just a hobbyist.

One such platform I've been using for the past year is Movavi. It strikes a great balance between user-friendliness and a range of editing tools – from basic trimming and filtering to more advanced features like chroma keying. It's worth checking out for its versatility and ease of usage.
Heard all about Movavi, but haven't had the chance to look properly at it yet. How would you compare it to DaVinci in terms of user friendliness and software stability?