Discord Store

Goopy

Molecule
Nebulae
SO basically, I'd say this is somewhat a big change in the Online Game Stores market, as Discord is now releasing their own store. Obviously, as Discord is the largest western online communication place, it may be able to rival uplay, origin and even steam at some point.

Some of the features it has:

Universal Library-
Any and every game on your computer can now all be launched from one place, no matter where you got it from. Be it from steam, origin, uplay or online. Hell even my roms and emulators show up here.

First On Discord-
Some games are partnering with discord, and releasing their games EXCLUSIVELY to discord for the first 90 days, including the ambition 'Last Year' game that was teased a few years ago, featuring students in a highschool chased by a killer, similar to Dead by Daylight, but with more play with the environment other than throwing down a shitty pallet or jumping over a wall till shadow spikes fucks you over.

Discord Store-
There's also the discord store, nothing special here.

Free With Nitro-
I think the system people will be exicted with the most is Free With Nitro. If you have a Nitro membership ($9.99 a month) you get access to tons of free games, and they're not just unknown games. I'm unsure if it's just these games or if more will come, but here's the listen as it stands:
Super Meat Boy
Faster Than Light
Metro: Last Light Redux
Inside
Torchlight II
RollerCoaster Tycoon 2: Triple Thrill Pack
LIMBO
Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition
Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition
Tooth and Tail
Pony Island
Seasons After Fall
Move or Die
Trine 2
Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation
VVVVVV
Bridge Constructor
This War of Mine
SOMA
Unleash
Dungeon Defenders: Complete Edition
The End is Nigh
Chaos Reborn
Kingdom: New Lands
Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun

https://blog.discordapp.com/discord-store-global-beta-is-live-38bfd044d648

Reactions: List

aperson

Molecule
Nebulae
standards.png

for real though I hope this makes Valve wake the fuck up and do something

Goopy

Molecule
Nebulae
For fucks sake I'd thought Last Year had ceased production I've been hella excited for that game.

I saw the trailer when it was early in development, and whilst it looked like another DbD clone, it has a lot more features, like I said a much more interactive environment being the main part. I'm hyped for the game.

D

Deleted member 6062

so it's pretty much like xbox game pass but better in almost every aspect

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
I dunno
Steam has been shaping up recently, this might be the kick needed for Valve to start doing more with it

Gimmie

QNZBGCVQXDQZOWP
Nebulae
Personally I dont believe it to become that much of an impact.

As has been mentioned in the announcement by Discord themselves, all if not most of these games received a great deal of financial backing from Discord thus the reason why some of the new releases among them will be available to Discord Nitro users for the first 90 days, I believe they might be contractually obleiged in some aspect.

If it hasn't already been mentioned, most of these titles are indie titles and generally already direct themselves at a niche audience so thats another point to make. Maybe it might have some impact on the indie game market on Steam but I dont think it will be great as Steam offers a fine marketplace for the time being.

Anyhow the point I'm trying to make here is, other than directing themselves at a niche gaming market the gravity of the situation is being blown out of proportion by some people. Its really not going to have that big of an impact other than for devs that need more backing for their video games.