professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
My Great-Grandfather is croatian as far as I know

Zink

Neutrino
Nebulae
I know not many people on nebulous or really anywhere actually take these tests, but if you've taken an ancestry test with Ancestry or 23andMe, feel free to post your results here. Lots of people from Europe probably already know what they are without having to take a test, but us amerimutts need something to do.

For the record, I don't expect this thread to get very many if any replies, but I have nothing better to do, so whatever.

I'll start with my results:

e62a03ba4f5afc2880ab810b39dfa86c.png

9f62664ce32326d79755eecdfa1025ab.png

I'm fairly surprised at the most likely match being London. Then again, that could be because London is probably one of the most ethnically diverse cities in the UK, even though it is minority British at the moment.

My British ancestry is all likely Old Stock/Pioneer Stock, from the initial British settlers who colonized North America in the 17th and 18th centuries. More recent estimates put the American free population on the eve of revolution as roughly 60% English, 85% British, and 98% Protestant.

From 1776 to about 1920 people of British descent made up over 50% of the American population, dropping below that around the time of the great depression. Today, they still comprise a plurality of the white American population.

0e1dd57f1dae70d8c7ec408b26f46835.png

The Italian ancestry is self explanatory. North-east Metropolitan areas of the US were hot spots for Southern and Eastern European immigration. Sicily is relatively interesting to me, however. I'd assume thats where the North African came from as well.

y'know what my favorite result is, though?
466b207d8357f282e4398de61b509c17.png

im sure you all know what this means

i can finally say it

see you in the next post my :heyzeus:
"Broadly European" Hm, really makes you think.
Some of these results are guess work, no? Like, the 0.1% Broadly Sub-Saharan African, or 0.4% Ashkenazi Jewish. You're pinned as 1.3% Scandinavian, then also 13.8% Broadly Northwestern European. I'd take London over anywhere in Norf Ingurlund, any day.

Last edited:

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
83a442e026.png

Somehow you managed to have ancestry in the absolutely worst parts of Europe lmao

Fucking hell, London, Ireland and G*rmany
isn't even northern English, northern Irish, scandi or clog merchant. clearly subjected to swiss neutrality here.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
isn't even northern English, northern Irish, scandi or clog merchant. clearly subjected to swiss neutrality here.
Can't imagine being an anglo and not even being from the redeemable parts of the fucking place

Reactions: List

von Preußen

Proton
B A N N E D
Nebulae
"Broadly European" Hm, really makes you think.
Some of these results are guess work, no? Like, the 0.1% Broadly Sub-Saharan African, or 0.4% Ashkenazi Jewish. You're pinned as 1.3% Scandinavian, then also 13.8% Broadly Northwestern European. I'd take London over anywhere in Norf Ingurlund, any day.

I don't need one of these. I'm French, through, and through. My immediate family's from, and continues to reside in Saint-Germain-des-Près.

yeah I mean, guesswork is involved. The description for the broadly designation according to the website I took the test on is:

"Northwestern Europeans are represented by people from as far west as Ireland, as far north as Norway, as far east as Finland, and as far south as France. These countries rim the North and Baltic Seas, and have been connected throughout much of history by those waters. Broadly Northwestern European DNA matches several specific populations and cannot be assigned to just one. This shared heritage may be the result of extensive migration, possibly including the Germanic invasions of the early Middle Ages."

"Much of Europe was buried under miles of ice ten thousand years ago. As the glaciers receded over millennia, Neolithic farmers from western Asia joined Paleolithic hunter-gatherers to settle Europe. Some European DNA is difficult to assign confidently to one population and receives a “Broadly” designation."