Does anybody ever regret starting RP at all?

Jojo Manning

Proton
Nebulae
why do people cry about losing characters how can it honestly be so emotionally damaging
like the threads where people leave for 6 months because sir kyle ripper got pk'd for 505ing and they're 'too emotionally distraught to rp'
lol, i've never gotten to that point before (even if it exists) but shit, yeah, it's stupid to cry over it.

York

Electron
Nebulae
Much as I joke about it. In all honesty no, I've never truly sacrificed any aspect of my social life or personality for fucking gerald's mod rp as some of you claim to have done. If anything to summarize my experience with it I've become a much faster typist for it and some of the people I've met on the forums/teamspeak (excluding the vast majority of chinese weebsters and creatures of the night that dwell in its dark corners.) are really pretty cool. If you have a mature enough personality to differentiate between the importance of real life and rp there's no reason not to just enjoy it without getting carried away with it.

Reactions: List

Jojo Manning

Proton
Nebulae
By the way, when I say time consuming, I mean developing your character on a certain server, then out of nowhere, the server shuts down. It's pretty annoying.

Grau

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Much as I joke about it. In all honesty no, I've never truly sacrificed any aspect of my social life or personality for fucking gerald's mod rp as some of you claim to have done. If anything to summarize my experience with it I've become a much faster typist for it and some of the people I've met on the forums/teamspeak (excluding the vast majority of chinese weebsters and creatures of the night that dwell in its dark corners.) are really pretty cool. If you have a mature enough personality to differentiate between the importance of real life and rp there's no reason not to just enjoy it without getting carried away with it.
totally agree, I don't regret playing on here at all

ice

Paramilitary enthusiast
Nebulae
Certainly, I do. It's proven to be an inescapable addiction. Most RP has lost enjoyment for me. I've lost enjoyment in creating stories and making people feel or hate. All I want to do is lead, lead, lead the resistance to victory against the Combine no matter the cost if that makes sense. Most of my characters have turned two dimensional as sad as it is. Cassie Michaelson at the end became an avatar for who I hoped to (and knew I never would) become in my personal life. Admittedly my single driving force for returning to RP over and over again is an unquenchable, unachievable lust for power that I will never actually achieve. It's a blessing and a curse.
[doublepost=1465340115][/doublepost]brutally honest

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
Honestly I've never had the thought.
I treat characters as any other project is treated. Just like a woodworker or something to that degree, you put heaps of time into them, just because it's a game doesn't mean it should be classified as a waste of time, I love playing RP.
However if it gets to the point where you're getting stressed over IC things and it's killing your real life, that's enough to just quit and move on.
At the end of the day it IS just a game, it's not worth devoting every last minute of your life for several years.
And feel free to spam me with the boxes we all know too well for saying this, but I love the community ;)