DW

• Thread starter Deleted member 1381
  • Start date

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
capaldi can play the role so effortlessly, that with his doctor also being quirky, funny and also a great orator is what makes him my favourite. weird really a couple of years back i was contempt that tennant wouldn't ever be outclassed as my favourite
I think most people didn't know what to expect out of Capeldi honestly.

Reactions: List
D

Deleted member 1381

what are your fave DW villains/aliens

Vashta Nerada take my win
scariest aliens for me as a kid were the slitheen the were creepy as hell slept with a bottle of vinegar next to me for a good amount of time
favourite alien('s) are probably the cybermen(mondasian/original version as seen in world enough and time) and lazarus

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 1381

i could never like capeldi because he followed up after matt smith, and no one is topping that
i sorta stopped watching matt after amy got offed i think i just never caught up with when it was next being aired so I lost track

Redhunter

On and Off UP Lead
B A N N E D
Nebulae
capaldi can play the role so effortlessly, that with his doctor also being quirky, funny and also a great orator is what makes him my favourite. weird really a couple of years back i was contempt that tennant wouldn't ever be outclassed as my favourite
It's that natural Scottish charisma we all have

D

Deleted member 1381

It's that natural Scottish charisma we all have
tumblr_p1jax2GQNX1unz0ero1_r1_500.gif

the show is self aware

also whats everyones opinion on the christmas special/capaldi's departing episode(ep 10/11)
imo they were great, the mondasians were eerie and disturbing and the christmas special was just satisfying. glad they didnt give capaldi a vale decem leave or i would be crying rivers

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
honestly I was a casual watcher of doctor who with tennant and matt smith (my fav) but capaldi just totally bored me and I didn't find him funny or particularly interesting to watch, completely lost interest

D

Deleted member 1381

honestly I was a casual watcher of doctor who with tennant and matt smith (my fav) but capaldi just totally bored me and I didn't find him funny or particularly interesting to watch, completely lost interest
you should give him another go, season 8 was purely down to bad writing by moffat and most of the episodes just felt like fillers.
season 9 gets interesting, and season 10 is just great he'll grow on you loads

D

Deleted member 1381

never vomited more violently in my life

alas chibnall ruined his opportunity to create a great season and has now only made us crave capaldi even more. the worst part is they didnt even do bradley walsh justice

put this poor dog down and give us back our favourite scottish madman

D

Deleted member 1381

83a2c1f7c09d81068ff33f4662fda754.png

moment of silence for the unfortunate american who had to subtitle this on the stephen colbert show

D

Deleted member 1381

opinion on first episode:
  • was ok
  • writing wise it wasnt bad
  • grace's death was rushed and not very emotional
  • even though it was ok it felt nothing like doctor who
  • felt like i was watching a jacked up version of midsomer murders rather than an ep of dw
  • 3 companions is too much, keep bradley walsh
jodie is good at being quirky but when she tries to be serious the acting quality deteriorates and it doesnt really suit her
don't really like it, it was alright as i said but it feels nothing like doctor who so i dont see myself watching it anymore

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
martha
donna
jack
rose
jackie
sarah
micky
k9

stolent earth maybe

i dont think tennant had that many all at once tho

Limeao

24/7 John Lennon Impressionist
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
i dont think tennant had that many all at once tho
He did for like 2 episodes, think it was for the end of tennants third season. Which I coincidentally rewatched last night.

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
show has been shit for years

its some nerdy fad that some kids grow out of an others dont

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I loved the writing in the Chris Eccleston episodes but the shitty 2005 TV special effects brought them down a whole lot.

Chris Eccleston episodes were pretty dark and held a more serious tone imo.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
show has been shit for years

its some nerdy fad that some kids grow out of an others dont
Tbh I mostly just occasionally catch up with the new series and grab the odd audio book for long journeys now. Not the huge fan I was ten or so years back.

I loved the writing in the Chris Eccleston episodes but the shitty 2005 TV special effects brought them down a whole lot.

Chris Eccleston episodes were pretty dark and held a more serious tone imo.
Its a shame he left when he did tbh, he had some of the best storytelling at least early on.

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Its a shame he left when he did tbh, he had some of the best storytelling at least early on.
A lot of the doctors have overloaded their characters with comedy, when I think Eccleston could always be pretty funny for everyone with his sort of dry humor he brought to the character.

Good example

The Doctor Dances is by far one of my favorite episodes in the entire series, along with the season finally. Like I said, watching these episodes is hard because the effects in them are actual dog shit because of the age it was made in, but if you can get past them, genuinely great story telling and clever writing.

Great scene from him

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Tbh my fave Doctor has probably become Eight, who only appeared on screen once in the 1996 movie and in an official mini-short in... 2014? I think. But luckily he's gotten something like 130 episode-length official audio books. He's brilliant, well worth checking out all the stuff by Big Finish.

99% of the time they use the actual cast members for the Doctor(s) and their companions too.