Early Lockdown Memories

Northgate

:D
HL2 RP Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Was making the thread after talking to some people on Discord, I remember the early days of lockdown and how hard roleplay went during that time. Like holy shit, servers were FULL of people and it was insane. I still remember during my RP burnout (SADLY) I got into i17 and flew around as a bird, the entire city was filled to the brim

or when we went to City 8 with the Kobayashi stuff and shit went so hard. I ran a little food stall, but since I kept prices very low (focus was on the roleplay) I had to log on when my online classes start, ration farm a little and then I could afford to keep my stall running lol it was CRAZY

I really want to hear from your perspectives on this time period, it really was one of the most unique ones I ever had lol

Reactions: List

Komchan

nen
Nebulae
Lockdown rp was amazing. Still have tons of fond memories of doing all this different stuff as Winston Smith, bribing, all the cool rp events that were going on in City 8 I think??? Etc.

Lots of cool memories, especially the CAB stuff that went on. Shame that CAB kinda died, it was a really good vector for rp and kind of 'overarching stuff', albeit it heavily harmed by inactivity.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Lockdown was great because nobody had anywhere to go, so everyone piled into the server. I don't have loads of memories but it was a really fun time where people bounced RP off of one another in a way I hadn't really seen since LP.

Was a really good time.

Last edited:

Postal

Molecule
Nebulae
i loved all the conspiracy theories coming out of it like viruses transmitted through 5g or the vaccine turning you into fucking magneto but unfortunately they killed alot of mentally vulnerable people by making them ignorant or naive

Komchan

nen
Nebulae
Lockdown was great because nobody had anywhere to go, so everyone piled into the server. I don't have loads of memories but it was a really fun time where people bounced RP off of one another in a way I hadn't really seen since LP.

Was a really good time.
I think a major thing everyone complains about but is very necessary is basically, the GRIND. Yeah it's anti-rp but, it encourages rp at the same time.

Having people there solely for the grind increases playercount, ensures those that are interested in rp might be brought to the server, also it gives stuff to do / time to come up with ideas + do stuff.

I still remember the (I think it was called the Caravan lmao) on a boat. Everyone would prepare stuff for it, then just walk around and stare at stuff, it was a really cool, incredibly popular atmosphere. Sure, not the MOST rp-heavy but...

The blackmarket vibes went well.

Also every store being basically a front for cans/rebels or a strip club. There was no in-between.

(sometimes both)

you think any sane person would sit semi-afk in the shop, waiting for customers just because?? like, it's very boring but very necessary for rp/atmosphere/'city being active' reasons to find people able to just go into a shop and buy stuff.

id send screenshots but imgur is awful now + idk where to upload em buttt....

many good memories of basically running a shop + other stuff as Winston Smith post-CWU, CWU was definitely fun as the role had quite a bit of leeway with cool stuff for workshifts. Having to apply for the 'event shifts' was very annoying but not tooooo bad

what defo hurt enthusiasm was the custom-script fiasco, did a mining shift in the outlands, smuggled some gold n ore to colarone in exchange for peasant rations (a pistol, two clips of ammo, a bulletproof vest, a bandana and a mask I think), etc (I think I was Rogue at the time???)

I also remember mugging a CWU with my other char (Samuel Duncan) and making off with one of those hazmat suits or whatever they're called, before getting a very foreboding steam message and practically shitting myself

sots

community bear
Nebulae
i missed this thread, but through most of lockdown i was playing as abel vasquez with the five by five gang and it was honestly some of the fondest rp i remember, what an era, loved running the xccr and all the space invaders shit, so much fun to be had in the city at that time

Frosty

Schlong
Nebulae
Being permed for the entirety of lockdown was genuinely sad