Europa Universalis IV

TheDeadlyHaze

Monkey
Nebulae
EU4 thread, boys.

Discuss game strats, show your best play through, talk about just anything related to EU4 I guess. Even mods, if you want.

Currently going for a WC as Italy, but starting off as Savoy. Any tips? Maybe @A_cRaZeD_hObO™ you might have some for me fam?

here's a pic of a SICC french coalition

YXa95dK.jpg

Eh0VJPd.png

Last edited:
Nebulae
If you're playing as anywhere in italy, the aim is just to expand heavily and not get crushed in a coalition. In most WC's you should aim to crush most of the great powers and colonizers as early as possible so they don't snowball (england, portugal, france, spain, austria, polland-lith-commonwealth). Biggest advice for Savoy, though I've never played them, is to try to jump France early on instead of allying them, as you might want to do. They're a fucking pain to take out later with their idea modifiers and stuff- that's what I'd do anyway

Ideas are administrative (usually a must have for WC) and the rest are honestly whatever you want. You could go for a mil idea if you wanted like quantity or offensive, or get influence to vassalize all those italian states (releasing > diplo vassalizing might be gud idea, because of AE). Trading also works, for the OP genoa and venice trade nodes and the delicious $$$ you'd roll in. Also you're probably gonna be taking Rome and/or have the papal states pissed at you so going protestant/reformed ASAP is a good idea

also delete those fucking useless forts as that large france. Only keep border forts, and even then keep them sparse- at 1 ducat each that's a lot of wonga kid

Expax

Nucleus
Nebulae
I just opened eu4 just for the lols. Picked a random Irish nation, managed to conquer scotland and ally England and form Ireland. I also colonized half of Canada.

it was just for the lols :(

Bada$$

Electron
Nebulae
You can actually manage to kill France early as Savoy if you play your cards correctly, Burgundy too
if they get past the point of danger and they take burgundy, Brittany and their cores from England, there is nothing you can do to stop the big blue blob

Reactions: List

Expax

Nucleus
Nebulae
I think EU4 is absolutely the most newbie friendly Paradox game. It's pretty deep but easier to get into. in my opinion
I disagree.
Mount and Blade is alot more newbie friendly.

Pict

Scottish Highlander
Nebulae
I'l probably buy when it goes on sale, looks good :D

Its honestly insane with the £30 price tag for a 2D Supremacy map game, not to mention the amount of DLC is like Cutting out the big pizza and only serving a small quarter and charging him for extra slices.

Expax

Nucleus
Nebulae

Its honestly insane with the £30 price tag for a 2D Supremacy map game, not to mention the amount of DLC is like Cutting out the big pizza and only serving a small quarter and charging him for extra slices.
CK2 is like a simplified verision of Europa.
also if the host of a multiplayer games has all dlc then it's shared with everyone.

cryptic

Proton
Nebulae

The game has a lot of content, the price tag is appropriate in my opinion. And if you play with a host that has all the DLCs when you play multiplayer, you will get to use all the features of the DLCs :)

D

Dazza

I think EU4 is absolutely the most newbie friendly Paradox game. It's pretty deep but easier to get into. in my opinion

This is my favorite game where I went Teutonic Order -> Prussia -> Germany (by 1660~ish) in a multiplayer game
F57E688C1E92D0D46570E348B07EA35D9FA7EE1A

im glad i bought it on release because it was so much simpler, 3 years of dlc have no doubt convoluted it a tad

F387E43AE51A497307B6A0462E57E68658A52843

muh dutch shekels @Gimmie

Reactions: List