Every character model is an error and I can't fix it!

Etriax

String
Nebulae
Before you say it, I HAVE JUST FINISHED COMPLETELY DELETING AND REINSTALLING EVERY SINGLE SOURCE GAME I OWN TO RUN THIS AND MY MODELS ARE STILL FUCKED!

I just want to play HL2RP but that's pretty difficult when EVERYONE is a giant floating ERROR. Do I need more than HL2, Episodes 1&2, and CS:S? I've already removed all subscriptions to addons except for the ones the server needs!

And while we're at it, how come I have to download all of the server's assets every time I join to see if what I did fixed the problem?

Etriax

String
Nebulae
To fix the issue about re-downloading constantly, go into options and disable downloading files from servers.

Okay, great... can you tell me how to fix the errors? I'm not seeing the purple checkerboards, just the giant red errors instead of character models.

Joesh

Neutrino
Nebulae
I did not certainly understood what you ment there, but i would ask you, have you downoloaded CS:S and HL2 content for Garry's mod? I do not mean the whole addons and collections on workshop i mean the ones from http://kajar9.wix.com/cscheater2 . The link might look suspicious for you but i did not detect any malvares there. Well if you do not trust me, because you can i would advice you to check out some guides on YouTube then. I took this site from one and i am now happy that i got rid of Missing textures.

Etriax

String
Nebulae
The site's fine, according to Mcafee. Which content packs would I need, exactly? If I've already got Counter Strike: Source, Half-Life 2, and its episodes downloaded and mounted, which ones would I need?

I think it's also worth mentioning that I haven't had this problem on other servers.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

Etriax

String
Nebulae
I know you might have the games installed but do you have them mounted too?

Those tickboxes at the main menu? Yes. I have mounted all of them and yes, I restarted Gmod. Nothing. Changed.

Have you enambled the addons and mounted the games?

Well, Dr. Towers, if I haven't said it already (which I absolutely have), I have mounted everything and done everything in that vein. It hasn't fixed the problem. I give up.

Dr.Towers

Nucleus
Nebulae
There may be a last thing you can do:
1) Unsubscribe from all the addons
2) Uninstall gmod
3) Delete the Garrysmod folder in SteamApps/commons/
4) Reinstall Gmod
5) Go check in each Source game "models" folders and delete everything inside (if there is anything)

If this doesn't fix the problem I really don't know what it is °<°

Etriax

String
Nebulae
There may be a last thing you can do:
1) Unsubscribe from all the addons
2) Uninstall gmod
3) Delete the Garrysmod folder in SteamApps/commons/
4) Reinstall Gmod
5) Go check in each Source game "models" folders and delete everything inside (if there is anything)

If this doesn't fix the problem I really don't know what it is °<°

I deleted and reinstalled every source game I have and it didn't fix before. I did all of those steps already.

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I deleted and reinstalled every source game I have and it didn't fix before. I did all of those steps already.

*Sighing at these people not really helping aaa*

A Gmod update, if I recall, purposefully broke mounted content (Such as HL2, CSS, etc) in order to make you buy the game.

Do you actually have HL2 and CSS or have you downloaded their content from a website?

Etriax

String
Nebulae
*Sighing at these people not really helping aaa*

A Gmod update, if I recall, purposefully broke mounted content (Such as HL2, CSS, etc) in order to make you buy the game.

Do you actually have HL2 and CSS or have you downloaded their content from a website?

Yes, I do.

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Verify Gmod files
Re-Download addons
Update drivers
Reinstall
etc etc

If none of these work, maybe it's just impossible.

Etriax

String
Nebulae
Verify Gmod files
Re-Download addons
Update drivers
Reinstall
etc etc

If none of these work, maybe it's just impossible.

I give up. I've done everything short of re-installing windows. It's not worth it.