Serious Everywhere at the End of Time Album

• Thread starter Deleted member 4795
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4795

Album Explanation Here

This album had quite the impact on me. It's an experience. The album and the six Stages it contains are supposed to reflect the perspective of having dementia/alzheimer's. There are 6 Stages with each Stage being a reflection of about three years. Every three years, the stages change, the condition gets worse. You can hear the music differences with each stage and included is a description that explains what each stage is so you can kinda comprehend what you are hearing. I wouldn't recommend listing to it if you are bothered by stuff like this or get upset about this kinda topic easy. It really got me thinking about life and music and just how critical the aspect of memory is to who we are.

STAGE 1 : 00:00:00 Here we experience the first signs of memory loss. This stage is most like a beautiful daydream. The glory of old age and recollection. The last of the great days.

STAGE 2 : 00:41:22 The second stage is the self realization and awareness that something is wrong with a refusal to accept that. More effort is made to remember so memories can be more long form with a little more deterioration in quality. The overall personal mood is generally lower than the first stage and at a point before confusion starts setting in.

STAGE 3 : 01:23:17 Here we are presented with some of the last coherent memories before confusion fully rolls in and the grey mists form and fade away. Finest moments have been remembered, the musical flow in places is more confused and tangled. As we progress some singular memories become more disturbed, isolated, broken and distant. These are the last embers of awareness before we enter the post awareness stages.

STAGE 4 : 02:08:53 Post-Awareness Stage 4 is where serenity and the ability to recall singular memories gives way to confusions and horror. It's the beginning of an eventual process where all memories begin to become more fluid through entanglements, repetition and rupture.

STAGE 5 : 03:36:12 Post-Awareness Stage 5 confusions and horror. More extreme entanglements, repetition and rupture can give way to calmer moments. The unfamiliar may sound and feel familiar. Time is often spent only in the moment leading to isolation.

STAGE 6 : 05:04:32 Post-Awareness Stage 6 is without description.

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
whenever i manage to get this out of my head some fucker decides to bring it up again

when you realise its just old songs sampled over a vinyl and some some weird sound effects and reverb added on it becomes less scary but it really did fuck with me for a bit

but hey now you see why i used it in the teaser for c24 :grinning:

most the song names were taken from the lyrics here

very sad, this was obviously the character (the caretaker)'s favourite song and to see it gradually degrade and be forgotten over time is just

yeah

Reactions: List
D

Deleted member 4795

One day

The adventures we all had here on neb.

Will be forever forgotten.

And so will we.

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
i have a family member with alzheimers

its the most depressing shit ever

the person who has it just isnt the same they were, its not just forgetfulness or memory loss, they stop eating and drinking and refuse to do so, they constantly try to leave the house and get lost

the memory loss is still the worst part though. they remember you as a small kid or even a baby, IF they even remember you, they mistake you with other people, thinking that you are your father, they still believe their own parents are alive

Do you even try to explain it to them anymore, do you go through with it and tell them their parents have been dead for decades, and do you let them relive that pain every day? Or do you choose to be ignorant

do you explain that, no, you dont live in the house you did 50 years ago, nor is it even in the same city

it sucks so fucking much, its incurable and irreversible, i hope that my father did not inherit it, i have no clue how i can deal with it on that level

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
image0.png

image0.png

image0.png

D

Deleted member 4795

i have a family member with alzheimers

its the most depressing shit ever

the person who has it just isnt the same they were, its not just forgetfulness or memory loss, they stop eating and drinking and refuse to do so, they constantly try to leave the house and get lost

the memory loss is still the worst part though. they remember you as a small kid or even a baby, IF they even remember you, they mistake you with other people, thinking that you are your father, they still believe their own parents are alive

Do you even try to explain it to them anymore, do you go through with it and tell them their parents have been dead for decades, and do you let them relive that pain every day? Or do you choose to be ignorant

do you explain that, no, you dont live in the house you did 50 years ago, nor is it even in the same city

it sucks so fucking much, its incurable and irreversible, i hope that my father did not inherit it, i have no clue how i can deal with it on that level

My great grandmother had it real bad. I remember going to the nursing home to visit her during her final days. Seeing her try so hard to say my name was a heartbreak for sure. But one thing that I remember (and have been told so by others who have had experiences working with Alzheimer's) is that music can sometimes be a helpful/common ground. For some reason, many who have it, are able to make some sort of connection to music, especially to music from their time. I guess there's some light among all this otherwise sad business.