Exams General

Whilt

Woh
Nebulae
our maths professor told a few people so far that
  • they should start a trade instead
  • be ashamed for what they handed in
  • studying 10 mins (the guy in question studied 10 hrs for a week straight) won't make it
inherently hard class tho, he gave me some tips instead on how to study his class. absolute mad man. Involved lots of proofwriting
maths in schools abolishes any joy of mathematics and dissuades people from taking it further

also your professor is a cunt

Reactions: List

Dr Heckyll

Molecule
Nebulae
I completely fucked maths in year 12 when they still did AS, I more or less wrote nothing for the Mechanics module, I left the exam like after half an hour
When year 13 started and I dropped it I felt like my life had been saved from inevitable doom

Snook

Nebulae
our maths professor told a few people so far that
  • they should start a trade instead
  • be ashamed for what they handed in
  • studying 10 mins (the guy in question studied 10 hrs for a week straight) won't make it
inherently hard class tho, he gave me some tips instead on how to study his class. absolute mad man. Involved lots of proofwriting
i never understood professors being like this

Meepy

Still needs to get a life
Nebulae
I completely fucked maths in year 12 when they still did AS, I more or less wrote nothing for the Mechanics module, I left the exam like after half an hour
When year 13 started and I dropped it I felt like my life had been saved from inevitable doom

the problem is, I fluked the mock and I didnt get put on the AS so if I drop it next year I'll get 2 a levels and an AS in whatever I choose to replace. I think I can do alright, but revision causes me to cry like a toddler and I hate maths with a deep deep deep heartfelt hatred
[doublepost=1560453908][/doublepost]
My maths teacher was like that for a test paper I didn't finish because my ass couldn't work up the courage to tell her I spent 2 hours crying over it due to stress

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
i dont study and i do the easiest level i can
ive done english, maths, history, biology and lcvp so far, got dcg and economics left
my score doesnt matter i just need to pass to get into the college i applied to

Dr Heckyll

Molecule
Nebulae
the problem is, I fluked the mock and I didnt get put on the AS so if I drop it next year I'll get 2 a levels and an AS in whatever I choose to replace. I think I can do alright, but revision causes me to cry like a toddler and I hate maths with a deep deep deep heartfelt hatred
I started with 4 a levels, dropped maths and had 3 left so I was cool I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Also there's no shame in just doing one subject for a year if you want 3 a levels, it's like a fake gap year

sambo

biased shitlord
Nebulae
maths a level is one of those a levels where u should only do it if you're very confident in the subject since it is leagues more difficult than GCSE maths

jamEs

fqjdlkmsbvqfgkhpoiuaeazer
Nebulae
maths in schools abolishes any joy of mathematics and dissuades people from taking it further

also your professor is a cunt
yep really uncalled for, especially demotivating when there's 3 open questions afterwards you have to solve with your uttermost concentration for 3-4 hours after already preparing the oral exam for an hour

maths in uni is where shit gets interesting though, taught way better than in any high school. But I feel like that's because you start getting classes that mix it all together. Shit like vector calculus and electromagnetism for example

for real tho fucking save me
1mY5nIq.png

Meepy

Nebulae
maths a level is one of those a levels where u should only do it if you're very confident in the subject since it is leagues more difficult than GCSE maths

I made that mistake, I got the grade and my parents were pressuring me because in their minds its 1977 and I WILL go to university and get a degree so im not a dishonour to the family

Whilt

Woh
Nebulae
yep really uncalled for, especially demotivating when there's 3 open questions afterwards you have to solve with your uttermost concentration for 3-4 hours after already preparing the oral exam for an hour

maths in uni is where shit gets interesting though, taught way better than in any high school. But I feel like that's because you start getting classes that mix it all together. Shit like vector calculus and electromagnetism for example

for real tho fucking save me
1mY5nIq.png
id rather learn that than all my mechanisms fuck me

Meepy

Nebulae
My mentors advice was to see how the mock goes in three weeks and then see if I still want to drop it, I think I'm going to drop it regardless because it makes me want to killmyself but my parents had a go at me when i told them I want to stay on at my job and not to go uni at all

jamEs

fqjdlkmsbvqfgkhpoiuaeazer
Nebulae
I don't agree with him either being like this especially because I messed up a proof, yet the lad gave me some solid advice for the other exams

then some other guy comes along afterwards and gets flamed for having a bad proof. I'd love to know myself but idk

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
imagine having about only 2-4 actually days where the teacher was present and the rest of the month they were missing because of them moving to a different house

and then expecting us to understand 80% trigonometry and 20% of the pythagorean theorem

i know jack shit about that and im sure that ill fuck up the exam

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
final day for you tomorrow, or are you one of the unlucky kids with german?
haha fuck that physics paper 2 then im gone
[doublepost=1560456318][/doublepost]
imagine having about only 2-4 actually days where the teacher was present and the rest of the month they were missing because of them moving to a different house

and then expecting us to understand 80% trigonometry and 20% of the pythagorean theorem

i know jack shit about that and im sure that ill fuck up the exam
https://www.mathsgenie.co.uk/gcse.html