F12 takes two screenshots instead of one when playing Helix gamemodes.

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
Predominantly the above,
In sandbox and other modes, f12 is only a single screenshot, but Helix unusually takes two instead.
There seems to be a little freeze up in performance at times when a screenshot is taken, but nothing too noticable.

This is not really a new issue for me, has occured on HL2RP and WW3RP, although now I've got a higher resolution display, it's a more prominent issue.

Curious if anyone's had this before.

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
ive never had that issue on helix before, or on any steam game in general. these are the fixes I googled that other people used for steam games;

change the screenshot key to something else

do you have a controller plugged in

disable steam overlay and re-enable it

check the screenshots folder and see if its actually taking 2 screenshots or even more than 2

take a screenshot, end the steam process and restart, see if it keeps happening

boots

spooky skellys
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Predominantly the above,
In sandbox and other modes, f12 is only a single screenshot, but Helix unusually takes two instead.
There seems to be a little freeze up in performance at times when a screenshot is taken, but nothing too noticable.

This is not really a new issue for me, has occured on HL2RP and WW3RP, although now I've got a higher resolution display, it's a more prominent issue.

Curious if anyone's had this before.
I've had this issue too. I think it's caused by having two keybinds for F12.

One is the steam overlay taking the screenshot, the other one is gmod itself keybinding F12 for screenshots in your options > keyboard

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
I've had this issue too. I think it's caused by having two keybinds for F12.

One is the steam overlay taking the screenshot, the other one is gmod itself keybinding F12 for screenshots in your options > keyboard
That caught it, thanks Boots!
Don't know why it was only helix and not the others, but hey, it's fixed