Favorite Moments Of Year 1

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
i was going to post all my screenshots from every map, but apparently i didnt take a SINGLE screenshot from map 1.

So I present to you all, nearly every screenshot I have taken since this iteration started
multiple posts because only 50 images per post
rV4AdA5.png

rGMkMZ1.png

mad scientist rp from day 1
2POac80.jpeg

fun event i ran, wish i did more im too anxious
Pr2gtAV.jpeg
3DDdka9.png
zTKVdrQ.jpeg

JTpn2te.jpeg

FqoAQPK.jpeg

Harland kidnapped!
iot15Qg.jpeg

I try to play harland as seriously as I can, but I am oocly retarded and that can come off ICly a lot too, at one point in rp_apoc it had became too much for Zhao and my Lieutenants, and they told me I needed to change or I'd be ousted from the group. This was how I icly disciplined myself afterwards

nrhZ4y1.png

EO90oFJ.png

I could have gotten the first AR2 here, this was some of the most intense Half Life I've ever experienced, the EOW faciltiy raid
AlA5tb5.jpeg

vgnlViK.png

@Mic15000 @Numbers this is where I got the god damned gravity orb!

9SBm70I.jpeg

JbJgqOu.png

LgBgivG.jpeg

Each OTA corpse got you a $15 Amazon giftcard from the skinheads
pYleRL9.jpeg

Jkq7qYn.jpeg

cody once again trying to strongarm orsted
eWVRBf6.png

DRAMA from January!
ovR03w0.png

owWMxuD.png

@east
xK4Nstj.png

UupbLfh.jpeg

The boys <3 @Phil from MyPillow @kifer @TedHatty @antloin
iS7pNA8.jpeg

Jacob Bridges played by @braker was one of my favourite rebels, wish he came back
7SZJ7dY.jpeg

I enjoyed doing constant Gman-esque trippy entity events with @Flippy 's character Sarah 'Two' Foster, they lasted until they retired the character, always good fun emotinally and mentally torturing a character
K8FEimM.png
YiWW6fG.png

dijN3PE.png
sUgsCcd.png

squid hunting
QmAxaVq.jpeg

gFbHU59.jpeg

FUQKfsI.png

rEI5AAB.jpeg

More drama!

cg8UkSf.png

kLwKBL2.jpeg

pMkQ4IS.jpeg
nkRouXA.png
ZrT4l6h.png

more entity stuff with 'Two'
cecoBhr.jpeg

As I continued on doing these events, sarah KILLED THEMSELVES WHICH I WAS NOT EXPECTING
hFRvHJv.png

so i did a further event where as soon as the trigger was pulled they woke up randomly in a ditch somewhere in the map and had to get back home, that was fun

Harland and Zhao <3
paxd25K.png
TzNG7S1.png

mku6lSc.png

Harland and Zhao making a partnership with the elusive Joseph Jordan, a fantastic Helix 1 character played by @OneClassyBanana . Many people might not remember Joseph Jordan, currently going by Clay but he's seriously one of the best characters to ever grace Neb, very rarely do I feel intimidated by a HL2RP character like I would from certain movie or TV characters, but Classy knew how to get under your skin with Cole, wish he never died
utzqbdr.jpeg
LIKE WHO SAYS THIS SHIT

FxlY1Zv.png
Max Orb pondering achieved. Do you still have that thing?? Cause if you do god damn I'm surprised but good for ya

Reactions: List

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Max Orb pondering achieved. Do you still have that thing?? Cause if you do god damn I'm surprised but good for ya
I had to sacrifice it in order to make my vortigauntlet rechargeable, a noble sacrifice. But no way it would have survived the item wipe anyway.

I used it to steal a thumper to get an RPG and also stole a Combine APC with it

WstStranger

Proton
Nebulae
Hmmm.... I have seen ups and downs as a new player for HL2RP. But Asheville was very much peak in terms of server and map, plus at least a slight hint of an overarching story. It was a genuinely fun time for defining characters and possible stories, honestly.

Naturally, my bias will go into VICE-2's story overall. He is/was my first cop character, and has over time evolved in what I think set better standards for my storytelling. He started "shit" and became despite my constant seek of feedback and self depreciation something I consider "good". And also being the only character that "died" and I felt satisfied with it (couldn't have ever been done with the @'77 East ) unlike what shitfests PKs tended to be. It was a logical conclusion to what deviated into a continuity of living failures and disappointments on a hollow life overall which brought an opening for atonement or an escape.

So rather than moments, I would like to see more about favorite journeys. After all, to me it was more about growth and how to make a story (not a sequence of events vaguely connected together, mind you). And also learned how to make the frustrations a player could have be opportunities for development... It was fun to make the poems, also.

And now I keep pushing myself with someone more expressive and blatantly a bastard which is my Rebel JD. Wonder how I can keep improving now... the west has fallen

Keep pursuing quality, bros. That makes memorable journeys worth more than mere shoot-outs, meme moments or otherwise unique circumstances. You probably get it... Probably.

wait no me favorite moments were rolling 100/100 for absolutely meaningless things twice
that was the real stuff people get on for clerly

okthenbye

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
five favorite scenes were on my cop, two on my first insurgent character

insurgency:
- the strider hijacking arc of rp_apoc with @deathwolf, @OneClassyBanana, Blue Wolf and others.
- encouraging the gradual decimation and destruction of 1st Platoon through using @Generally Fruity as a proxy and passing his farmer's group covert weapons and explosives, felt like the CIA funding the taliban.

cop:
- midnight conversations with @WstStranger and occasionally @Appetite Ruining Kebab about how wayward the garrison was and how things were going worse every map. especially the one where I laid everything out to JUDGE-2 about the war being lost and he already knew.
- an event run by someone (I forget who) on lowpop concluded with being shoved into dreams where tragic things happened for the next two hours and it almost broke my character, ended up trying to save @Phil from MyPillow and @TedHatty from a flying space fish and then got dumped back in reality.
- after some idiot 25% tried to shoot @slick for being temp demoted to 00, me and @Erkor were left to dump his body in the ice on rp_ienu and slowly started to occasionally meet up and talk, given my cop hadn't interacted with his soldier since transhumanization. It was a gradual descent into just how utterly screwed things were, given a lot of suspicion about the procedures and forced surgeries. final conversation was a warning about memory wipes had stolen her identity and that the war itself was lost in a @Appetite Ruining Kebab event.
- @john's city event with just me and @Eviction Notice, left to ourselves to appreciate an independent city slowly piecing itself back together while in disguise, felt like a good mesh of ideas and climate where we could chit-chat with drunk drivers, condemned citizens now free and lazy shopkeepers without a care in the world. then an apartment raid nearly killed us, we got banished into a future hell for hours and nearly induced into suicide and insanity respectively. it was very fun.
- hijacking the teleporter at the end of rp_ienu with @WstStranger and leaving the rest of the OBC malding (@Lewis!, @PeaceAndMagick89, @Merlinsclaw). @Eviction Notice was supposed to show up but never came.

the metal gear cave scene with @Ricsow

Last edited:

Merlinsclaw

Risen From Ruins
Nebulae
one thing that sticks out to me was the first public appearance of bruce sargent (emergent one) with the jousting tournament. first round i was in I rolled 6/6 three times in a row for a perfect victory lol

everything with union-3 was fun too. the first map was so much fun. azov had soul

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
those manta rays flying around on Asheville always looked dope, smth about the fog and lighting on that map just got the best out of our shitty little game from 2004

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Premium Member
Nebulae
reuniting with @Alexander The Great on apoc both ic/ooc after not hearing from him for like years, and doing shenanigans for a straight week (thanks @PepicWalrus), including unarmed gonarch nest runs, intense fish gutting rp and the big one

the @Limeao time travel event on metro that i got pulled into on an off chance that helpwd to form a lot of my character

pulling a 100/100 roll in an @Innkeeper event to plant c4 on a strider leg and slide through just after watching @contained postal dude get fucking annihilated + the whole deacon injury saga in general (what will he lose next)

sneaking into at least two vortigaunt teleports when i shouldnt of been there (metro and c24) + the c24 finale and the roleplay afterwards wandering around the osc headquarters drunk with @Trains @Erid and @contained postal dude and burning a breen portrait

the cozy downtime on boreas after the s2kfest of c24, and the two grand prixs (but especially the first one). just the snowy atmosphere in general was pretty nice

being hunted down by new sofians on ineu after a @Reggie and @deathwolf event, including a near miss crossbow assassination that came out of nowhere (in a good way)

first day of southside and what i could experience of it. then having to get an injured @fabevil off a roof while watching the finale unfold, and having to stop him from shooting himself while actively having my own internal mental breakdown because of the citadel teleporting in again

the weird quietness of ineu apoc and doing small group expedition rp with everyone while the server died for a while. then witnessing the death of alex and the funeral after (not being able to get retribution on the advisor kinda sucked though)

AND, the rp with reclaimers on this map and outpost berkhoff rp :))). in general its kinda funny how unassuming i intended for kelly to be originally cause shes BEEN THROUGH IT

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
reuniting with @Alexander The Great on apoc both ic/ooc after not hearing from him for like years, and doing shenanigans for a straight week (thanks @PepicWalrus), including unarmed gonarch nest runs, intense fish gutting rp and the big one

the @Limeao time travel event on metro that i got pulled into on an off chance that helpwd to form a lot of my character

pulling a 100/100 roll in an @Innkeeper event to plant c4 on a strider leg and slide through just after watching @contained postal dude get fucking annihilated + the whole deacon injury saga in general (what will he lose next)

sneaking into at least two vortigaunt teleports when i shouldnt of been there (metro and c24) + the c24 finale and the roleplay afterwards wandering around the osc headquarters drunk with @Trains @Erid and @contained postal dude and burning a breen portrait

the cozy downtime on boreas after the s2kfest of c24, and the two grand prixs (but especially the first one). just the snowy atmosphere in general was pretty nice

being hunted down by new sofians on ineu after a @Reggie and @deathwolf event, including a near miss crossbow assassination that came out of nowhere (in a good way)

first day of southside and what i could experience of it. then having to get an injured @fabevil off a roof while watching the finale unfold, and having to stop him from shooting himself while actively having my own internal mental breakdown because of the citadel teleporting in again

the weird quietness of ineu apoc and doing small group expedition rp with everyone while the server died for a while. then witnessing the death of alex and the funeral after (not being able to get retribution on the advisor kinda sucked though)

AND, the rp with reclaimers on this map and outpost berkhoff rp :))). in general its kinda funny how unassuming i intended for kelly to be originally cause shes BEEN THROUGH IT
Kelly's the goat

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
the c24 finale and the roleplay afterwards wandering around the osc headquarters drunk with @Trains @Erid and @contained postal dude and burning a breen portrait
oh my god the fucking post-revolution party

yk i fully expected the server to go back to just sittting around being miserable

but instead everyone decided to get shitfaced and vandalise the palace the combine had been living in for years

Rod

remove bias
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
my events and events made by @Appetite Ruining Kebab and @john that i helped in were one of the top highlights for me personally, mostly because of the new storytelling perspective of a third-person game master, and personally curating every room, detail, character. these new narrative devices were very fun to explore and working with ark, nexus and all the actors was awesome.
it was a short run, but i like to think it was a good one.

-PANDORA'S BOX
-LIGHTNING RAID
-CARPATHIAN RECALL
-ANIMA
-CALIBRATING
-IN UTTER DARKNESS
all bangers

MZF8MIX.png

4FRkU7B.jpeg

F8578B99E9F00F0E4E5844A171BA4E0DD08570F1

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
CdRYhxm.jpeg
PMboREO.jpeg
kBQlnvC.jpeg

WllxxlJ.jpeg
4MXitnY.jpeg
dygiX3z.jpeg
nIgg8DT.jpeg
PIAWuRy.jpeg
FDJBEIv.jpeg
ZWReClO.jpeg
P9636m5.jpeg
FCL1Pou.jpeg
beGeFGF.jpeg

jLFM1FS.jpeg

93UaqV9.jpeg
5kXEvUh.png
ittpHPH.png
O7Z3swf.jpeg
xbF5DGr.jpeg
YOBW0Tr.jpeg
OFZB84g.jpeg
y45A1Df.jpeg
GxjjdrZ.jpeg
cXC3MNR.png
1M9je8U.jpeg

(event)
XrzworP.jpeg
2RVAJWz.jpeg
URwkbMC.jpeg
3nXbtR3.png
FqfGwLP.png

BDQiPhS.jpeg

more entity shenanigans
wzbIvmP.png
wYk7FvZ.png

TLDJxQx.png

7BjE0sV.jpeg
PX7J4vx.jpeg
a0GhIhY.png
J6npKgH.jpeg
iLawW48.jpeg
4tYZzot.jpeg
gkNHK04.jpeg

Electric drem event inbetween
DC9EGEk.jpeg

D0GCYqt.png
1Gh7e2N.jpeg
Qn72PhJ.png
bucjO2a.jpeg

tKec1Uj.jpeg
DdOXfD0.jpeg
CTc34YG.jpeg
genuinely criminal that southside was ur smallest dump when it was the best map
great job documenting everything was very fun to go through

PepicWalrus

Electron
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
Premium Member
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
My other favorite moment was my journey with @Alexander The Great having been there with the Fisherman since the beginning. From the big one, to the end when I killed him in cold blood. I would like my custom title to be Fisherman Killer.

image.png

image.png

image.png

Perhaps one day @constantdisplay will get her chance at hunting the true Big One.

Fymt5g2aYAA4lXS.jpg

GalGrub coming 2024

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
these were all lovely events
CALIBRATING took the cake though, felt like a proper experience unmatched by few besides afric and @Dallas
thanks by the way. i do think most good events are made by the player though. generally non-linear set-dressing over a larger story is a sandbox for creative emoting by talented people that get to do stuff they wouldn't normally get to do. given the right material, that event was 90% you and @Eviction Notice interacting with the world laid out in engaging ways that get the same mirrored energy. thank u both for playing