Serious Favourite game of all time?

Stalker

the very best rp man on planet earth
Nebulae
Been curious what the "Best" game someone has ever played is, not really looking for a list of games you love but more so that one game that will stick with you.

Mine would have to be Final Fantasy 7: Crisis Core, played it before the original final fantasy 7 and boy what an emotional roller-coaster and fun game it was, also my first final fantasy game. Loved every second of it and the ending made me dry heave as a 12 year old.

220px-Crisis_Core.png

Oxy[Morons]

ส็ส็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็ส็
Nebulae
halo reach / warcraft 3 the frozen throne

Reactions: List
D

Deleted member 2994

the game i like the most?
probably little big planet 1 or 2
i used to make tons of levels and one of them actually got a ton of players and i thought i was good but then nobody played my others :(

it was actually really fun and p innovative for its time, i miss the days of getting on with my friends and just playing through campaigns or going through cool areas

the game i enjoyed the most?
katawa shoujo, it was well-written and i liked the cute characters and the romance

Raiden

cool cat
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
The elder scrolls 3: morrowind

Back when game mechanics and the story worked in perfect harmony.

latest

Charlie

Atom
Nebulae
gonna have to go with supah marrrrio brothers 2 babayyyyy super mario brothers 2 best game of the year OH MY GAWD suprah mahhhro bruddas 2!!! game of the year game of the decade best game super mario brothers 222222!

Jokes aside, Gonna have to go with mario in general, kind of a biased opinion since I played most games throughout my childhood so it has the most memories

Lykaia

this- is my curse
Nebulae
18990_front.jpg

I've been thinking what really is my favorite game of all time and I'm pretty sure it's Halo 2, as far as single player is concerned. I never had Xbox LIVE when Halo 2 was out, so I never got to experience "the best Halo multiplayer" back in the day. But once MCC comes to Steam, I'll be all over that shit. Pick up where I left off almost 6 years ago with Reach...

Anyways, what makes Halo 2 #1 for me is the story. Maybe it's not the best story ever told by a video game, but that's not really what it's about for me. As a kid, the movie-like cutscenes, the GRAND music, and just the almost fantasy-like presentation captured my imagination almost instantly. I always find myself coming back to Halo in one way or another. Everything was presented with such grandeur. The Covenant was this collection of alien races all united under the banner of faith in The Great Journey. The Forerunners are this mysterious ancient civilization that "disappeared" leaving only their creations behind (like the Halo rings). Exploring what they left behind always leaves me thinking about the possibility of such things. The UNSC is what brings Halo down to Earth, literally, with its realistic portrayal of Humanity. Despite being 500 years in the future, the UNSC feels "accurate" for lack of a better term. When you see what they look like, you're able to say "yeah that's probably what the military would look like." So that only helps one get invested in its universe.

The gameplay itself is definitely one of the most simple, but most fun formulas ever made. You have a variety of enemy combatants all with their own unique strengths, weaknesses, and behaviors, and you have an equal variety of guns with which to blast the hell out of them with. The game makes you feel like the badasses you see in the cutscenes.

Ever since I played the remastered version, I think it's definitely one of the best looking sequences of cutscenes ever made and really brings Bungie's original vision to life. But I feel like it missed a few of the subtle details that the original had. It nailed the look, and presentation. But as with any remaster, some elements of the original is lost. So for the sake of nostalgia glasses, here's the original cutscenes. The Arbiter's story in particular was my absolute favorite. I LOVE the portrayal of the Covenant. The Arbiter's story is my favorite, and he has some of the most fun missions in the Halo 2 campaign. (hint: it's all fun. unless you're playing on Legendary. fucking sniper jackals.)

Halo 2 is my favorite game. Halo is my favorite game series. Truly an inspiration. If you like documentaries, I recommend watching the Halo 2 Development documentary. It's incredible what Bungie went through to make this game what it turned out to be. Here's the link.

Bronn

Atom
Nebulae
for me it's 3 games that have a special place in my heart

gta 3 as the first video game I have ever played on computer

skyrim as back then I thought it was the only one and was overly addicted to it

and heroes of might and magic 3 as I'd play it with my family for a few hours a day, still do sometimes

sots

community bear
Nebulae
My life revolved around the first red dead redemption for pretty much the entirety of 2010 so that’s probably up there for me

Josh

Nucleus
Nebulae
the game i like the most?
probably little big planet 1 or 2
i used to make tons of levels and one of them actually got a ton of players and i thought i was good but then nobody played my others :(

it was actually really fun and p innovative for its time, i miss the days of getting on with my friends and just playing through campaigns or going through cool areas

the game i enjoyed the most?
katawa shoujo, it was well-written and i liked the cute characters and the romance

holy fuck littlebigplanet iforgot abiut that ganme

harry

Atom
Nebulae
lbp was the shit as a kid but I also adored halo 2 and the first company of heroes id spend hours on that dday mission without progressing because it was so fun

also enjoy ck2

Gary

Developer
HL2 RP Server Director
Nebulae
Parastive Eve 2 on the original PlayStation. Loved that game with an absolute passion - although I played it without a memory card so repeated the early levels a lot of times.

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
Medal of Honor Allied Assault if we're not talking mods like CS1.6 and Garry's Mod.

At the time, it was the best. Still have very fond memories.