First time you played Half life 2

bubblegum

you should see me in a crown
Nebulae
I never played HL1 and I had a hard time advancing beyond the plaza. I never the Orange Box version because I only got it to play TF2.

I was looking up HL2 and I found Garry's Mod. I was trying to figure out how to get Garry's Mod on my Xbox and then I found out about HL2RP. It all looked amazing, but little did I know....

Dr.Towers

Nucleus
Nebulae
First time I played it was on my old XP lapton that could barely run it, even with lowest settings. When I got to the can cp I accidentally threw the can on the other side of the room and he begun to chase me, I run back to the courtyard and thrown him a concrete brick before getting bashed. The first time I died was in the apartment raid, I got stuck in a table and caught by the cps, so I thought that maybe this was a scripted sequence and cps couldn't kill me just like before. I was playing without even the downloading finished (I don't know how it was possible) and some menu textures were missing, it crashed in the loading before Kleiner's lab.

Reactions: List

Chromesthesia_

Hailing from the same town as Sophie Dee
Nebulae
honestly i was fucking amazed

i had fuck all idea what was going on at the start was looking at this gringy cunt calling me a doctor and telling me to get up and im like yo cunt im not a fuckin doctor yaknow but then i was on the train pushed into this amazing new world of gas masks and stun batons and shit
so i go through all the start grinning like this was fuckin cool like the start of the old homefront game which showed the status of your story which i love because homefronts intro was like oh fuck you are done my dudes and so half life 2 gave me the same vibe even though homefront is a newer game in comparisson but anyway so i go through and find alyx and im like woah a non sexualized secondary female character and continued on into the story enjoying it but not understanding who everyone is

then i watched freemans mind so hl1 made sense and filled in the blanks so i played hl2 again

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I think the first play through of Half-Life 2 is always the best for anyone.

I was completely dumbfounded by the soundtrack, the effects, and the characters at the time. I absolutely love the universe and would gladly play through the game anytime, honestly one of the best games to ever be created. Valve knows what they're doing.

Reactions: List

Frostwind

userTitle
Nebulae
I kept on reloading the part where I interacted with the CP near the train-station, with the can. I kept throwing the can at him, gave myself weapons an' killed him, all of that. Tried killing him WITH the can.. Yeah. Then I went along with the story and ended up getting frustrated, so I just godded myself and no-clipped through the whole story. (Also immediately obsessed with the enemy and how they worked).

Ain't I the best player?