Serious Fitness General

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
i replaced all soda with tea as its easy to make the night before and just heat up again

i only allow myself soda on fridays/when out
litterally just stop eating shite and eat something better instead like apples or nuts

Reactions: List

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
litterally just stop eating shite and eat something better instead like apples or nuts
personally i've made the switch from meats (still eat chicken/tuna though) to vegetable based stuff

beans, rice, broccoli, asparagus and all the other stuff is fucking top tier if made right

tl;dr meat is not a big part of my diet anymore and i can recommend it to all /fitbros/ out there

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
hello chads
was considering at least starting since most my friends are gymlads and I kinda want to get into shape

I’m skinny and enjoy pasta so have a small bit of a belly lmao don’t judge

already have a fair bit of stamina cardio wise but I kinda wanna build muscle
i wear an 11 kilo backpack every day for school (don’t ask) and I currently weigh about 71/73kg (am about 6ft)

am 15 total beginner where start (i have very little in terms of equipment)

Plankster

Atom
Nebulae
i replaced all soda with tea as its easy to make the night before and just heat up again

i only allow myself soda on fridays/when out
I mean I only drink them on the weekends too, but I still allow myself to drink them.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
hello chads
was considering at least starting since most my friends are gymlads and I kinda want to get into shape

i wear an 11 kilo backpack every day for school (don’t ask) and I currently weigh about 71/73kg (am about 6ft)

you should probably wait until you're around 17-19 before you start going to the gym as your body grows the most in the period of 12-18

starting with weight and stuff early might not be good for your body, just stick to cardio and eat 2-3 thousand calories a day if you want to get weight but in a good way

axido

whatttttttt
Nebulae
hello chads

hi i was there too
if you've got enough time during the day try doing some sports or any activities like that
i'll personally recommend swimming - from personal experience it puts every muscle in your body to use and also helps your stamina

it really is a worthwhile investment into the future especially if you keep it up & have a relatively cheap access to a swimming pool

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
1. YOUR CUNT

2. WHY HAVEN'T YOU WORKED OUT TODAY

5367670148.jpg

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
I got to the gym every <insert not real day here>

holiday adi

黑色土人
Nebulae
you should probably wait until you're around 17-19 before you start going to the gym as your body grows the most in the period of 12-18

starting with weight and stuff early might not be good for your body, just stick to cardio and eat 2-3 thousand calories a day if you want to get weight but in a good way

Really depends on how much weight we're talking about, if he's aiming to become a power-lifter, then of course, the primary age that you should start working out with heavy weights is 16, not earlier.

But if you're just aiming at aesthetics, then don't worry about the weights, as long as it's not more than 150% of your body weight you're good.

DertyMike™

Proton
Nebulae
Ok, for anyone reading this thread that is a total beginner...

DO NOT LISTEN TO GYMBRO SCIENCE BULLSHIT! Do your research online - please understand physical fitness takes time and is a process, it is truly a science and you should always focus on performing an exercise correctly and the properly form(As well as WHY proper form truly does matter.) rather than just going to the gym and throwing weights around. IT TAKES TIME!! I understand some people may feel awkward bench pressing just the bar, while some gorilla is pressing six plates beside you - everyone starts somewhere and to maximize your results and gains you MUST start with the form and technique, just as everyone else did. Leave Your Ego At The Entrance Of The Gym!
Whenever you step into the gym, forget about competing with the other lifters. The purpose of going to the gym may vary, either to improve your physique or release some stress, regardless, you are there to take care of the most important person: YOU. So forget about the ego and just concentrate on yourself arid your needs. This may seem easy, but it is probably one of the most difficult things to do, especially when you are used to being the gym's "strong guy". or aren't used to that environment. I have met some of the friendliest people at the gym, many are willing to even help! That's why it is difficult for some lifters to leave their ego at the door. Not to worry, your strength gains will catch up with you eventually; and I will say it again. EVERYONE STARTED WHERE YOU DID.

Before you finish reading this thread and go "Time to GAIN!" please ask yourself "What do I want to achieve out of working out?" do you simply want to stay in shape? Do you want to become a powerlifter? Do you just want to look and feel good? Realizing what you want will help you achieve and train the best way to train to fit your lifestyle and needs; because of this I will not flood this thread with bullshit you do not need(feel free to message me if you want resources regarding strength training.) nor will I waste everyone's time with links and bullshit they don't need. Fitness is a journey, and not a destination. You can always improve something, and it will be hard at times. Just give it a month, that is really not a lot of time, and watch as you slowly notice big changes in your body. Just stick to it, it's not about motivation, but about discipline - I highly suggest getting a friend or someone to go with, it makes it easier. I promise you, you will not regret it at all.

Remember; everyone is there just to improve themselves, majority of people are even willing to help you! I promise you, if you go up to someone and ask 'how do I perform [LIFT]?' they will gladly help you.

Stay disciplined, be smart and do your research - do not listen to bullshit online and, most importantly,
Enjoy it!

mpower

Electron
Nebulae
Btw I suggest a team sport next to it to stay flexible, martial arts preferably.