Information Flashback: WW3RP - 28th/29th August

Laura

Nucleus
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
Nebulae
just want stasiland back

I'd return 100%
and get a civis side of things running, I think I did a pretty good in Brodenstein with the Mayor.

+ no more Stasi sitting launch day filling driving and car license paper work.

Reactions: List

Merlinsclaw

Risen From Ruins
Nebulae
I'd return 100%
and get a civis side of things running, I think I did a pretty good in Brodenstein with the Mayor.

+ no more Stasi sitting launch day filling driving and car license paper work.
I went into Stasiland at a LT expecting to be doing spy shit, hating the soviets, and more.

I think the best I got was paper work and security. Never got any spy shit.

Laura

Nucleus
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
Nebulae
I went into Stasiland at a LT expecting to be doing spy shit, hating the soviets, and more.

I think the best I got was paper work and security. Never got any spy shit.

Tbh yea, ya'll dropped like flies after launch day. Never saw you again.
Glad @Poopship McGee took up the mantle and revived NVA and Stasi afterwards.
And I got to work with him and running the civi side of things.

Merlinsclaw

Risen From Ruins
Nebulae
Tbh yea, ya'll dropped like flies after launch day. Never saw you again.
Glad @Poopship McGee took up the mantle and revived NVA and Stasi afterwards.
And I got to work with him and running the civi side of things.
I remember being the sole CO for the first week of launch. I had a small possie of friends to help. Day 1 I was enthused. By Day 4 I was fucking exhausted and it felt like a day time job.

Shapok

smol man rollenspieler
Nebulae
WW3RP was best when taking into account the majority and incorportating it into RP
[doublepost=1646017485][/doublepost]
Reverting to shitty nato and boomer territory killed WW3RP
holy 3am necropost

just want stasiland back
I've been biting my tongue for a long time now but fuck it, I'm sorry but you've pushed it enough bro. Ever since the server shutdown you've been whining about wanting it back when in fact you left after less than two weeks. You hyped everyone up before launch about putting your all into it and as soon as the playercount went ever so slightly down on the first map you dipped back to HL2 like it was nothing and now you whine and you whine at every opportunity you get about how you loved it and you want it back cos it could've been better. Fucking stop already. If you'd have actually played the thing and not just hopped on at launch you'd have had those experiences you seem to crave so much. It was great, as I'm sure numbers, whiskers and many others will agree. You abandoned it and now you keep whining about it, and in fact, all you Stasi people leaving led to a load of problems but luckily poopship got it running again by the grace of God. You fucked up, it's not on anyone else to bring that experience back just cos you gave up on it. It was fun whilst it lasted and I loved it but seen as Roosebud is more than busy, let it die already.

God the audacity.

Merlinsclaw

Risen From Ruins
Nebulae
holy 3am necropost

I've been biting my tongue for a long time now but fuck it, I'm sorry but you've pushed it enough bro. Ever since the server shutdown you've been whining about wanting it back when in fact you left after less than two weeks. You hyped everyone up before launch about putting your all into it and as soon as the playercount went ever so slightly down on the first map you dipped back to HL2 like it was nothing and now you whine and you whine at every opportunity you get about how you loved it and you want it back cos it could've been better. Fucking stop already. If you'd have actually played the thing and not just hopped on at launch you'd have had those experiences you seem to crave so much. It was great, as I'm sure numbers, whiskers and many others will agree. You abandoned it and now you keep whining about it, and in fact, all you Stasi people leaving led to a load of problems but luckily poopship got it running again by the grace of God. You fucked up, it's not on anyone else to bring that experience back just cos you gave up on it. It was fun whilst it lasted and I loved it but seen as Roosebud is more than busy, let it die already.

God the audacity.
god you are upset huh

alot of people had expectations for what it was going to be. alot of those expectations clearly weren't met. shrike and a few others talked about the stasi vaguely and why it failed. I personally had no control over what happened with the stasi or otherwise. I just wish we could explore the setting and what stasiland was originally set out to be.

anyways seems like you have alot of anger man
namaste

Hunk

Extraction Point
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
i liked stasiland a lot.

i did a lot of spy rp and war crimes rp with @FreeSpy443 , @Microsoft Red and @PatrickMajerus
[doublepost=1646048787][/doublepost]
i liked stasiland a lot.

i did a lot of spy rp and war crimes rp with @FreeSpy443 , @Microsoft Red and @PatrickMajerus

i remember during the late days of Stasiland, when the Ministry for State Security stagnated due to inactivity so I just went rogue and made my own clandestine pro-GDR counter-intelligence group with a bunch of agents that also deserted with me lol

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
WW3RP was best when taking into account the majority and incorportating it into RP
[doublepost=1646017485][/doublepost]
Reverting to shitty nato and boomer territory killed WW3RP
Nah bro, WW3RP: Globalist edition died several times before we ‘reverted’ it to the other lore twice.

besides people only want the globalist timeline because:

• nostalgia about times that were actually quite similar to the nato days when you get down to it. Same issues
  • Being able to incorporate pop culture such as soldiers dabbing and snapchat
  • Not having to think about lore and proper character origins because nobody understood the lore. Meaning you could just play a generic character you could keep on repeating after every pk (or edgy israeli/swedish supermodel shadow league assassin who’s a private in the us army)

Hate me for it sorry not sorry, had this discussion way too often

I said it a bunch of times, but I’ve got everything set up for a temp server / multi-day event with an invasion of america scenario. Map is set up, code has been adjusted etc. But I doubt we’d have a decent enough group of players to actually fill it, I’ve little time to manage everything myself and I wouldn’t really want it to be ‘just’ another s2k event where people just mindlessly run and gun using hipfire and csgo crosshairs

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Is nebulous dead?
Work is being done on a HL2RP relaunch

But in the current situation, all active servers are not hitting high playercounts as of current.

Hopefully HL2RP relaunch will breath some life back and if not, GTARP later prolly will.

Hudson

Electron
Nebulae
I have a memory of someone saying a Russian invasion was unimaginative, so things were done differently for the lore. I think the Globalist lore was interesting, although it wasn't explained on the character creation screen. At the time it could feel prescient with the emerging theme of Globalisation, and sparked immersive campaigns under LemonPunch. Some surviving lore from LP:

t0S9yXV.png

Brawler talked a bit about the original lore here:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/gca1/discussions/0/1489987633995096943/

He also explained that the first WW3RP server was more or less born from the first Star Wars RP server:
https://steamcommunity.com/groups/gca1/discussions/0/5156060518431333842/

Last edited:

FreeSpy

Atom
Nebulae
just bring back stasiland

please

I want that time sink back it was fucking great
[doublepost=1646075593][/doublepost]
i liked stasiland a lot.

[doublepost=1646048787][/doublepost]

i remember during the late days of Stasiland, when the Ministry for State Security stagnated due to inactivity so I just went rogue and made my own clandestine pro-GDR counter-intelligence group with a bunch of agents that also deserted with me lol
man leonhardt was the only fucking human in the intelligence stasi side of thing i swear to god

Straven

Proton
Nebulae
just bring back stasiland

please

I want that time sink back it was fucking great
The idea of Stasiland really interests me, so I would love to give it a go should it be brought back. But, I understand the unlikelyhood of that occurring due to people having real life stuff to attend to and being too busy.

FreeSpy

Atom
Nebulae
The idea of Stasiland really interests me, so I would love to give it a go should it be brought back. But, I understand the unlikelyhood of that occurring due to people having real life stuff to attend to and being too busy.
stasiland is how i joined neb, like truly

my account was made as a potential interest in early helix when numbers were large, stasiland not being out, and stasiland was really really fun for me, as a random who just joined the server with no real expectation. i got blown away by the level people went to and i joined in along on the ride. it was fun and ngl it was simpler. me just want stasiland back