Recruitment For Companies & Businesses - HL2RP

Northgate

:D
HL2 RP Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

With the server opening not too far from now, I'd like to introduce applications to open companies and businesses. While the actual threads are still in the works, a short overview is available if you click here. But I'll give a quick summary of the idea before giving you the application format.

Businesses / stores are the commonly encountered form of sales done in the city. They operate largely the same as always, with businesses being able to vary from a great deal of different functions, anything from simple cafes or restaurants, to vendors of clothes and so forth. There is no hard limit to business operations, but their livelihood depends on city activity.​
  • Form of activity: Usually with a front view and open door to the populace, these are activity hubs for city roleplay.
  • Funding: Businesses rely on funding by clients, and need to be active for this reason.
  • Restrictions: Businesses must be very active, meaning that there should always be players available to "man the store" when possible.
  • Assistance: Businesses will be encouraged to be active, by providing benefits per employee hired. These benefits will give store owners an easier time managing their business and encourage them hiring people to keep it active.

Companies on the other hand are a very different deal, and are a lot more specific in their function. They are a new addition, but the idea here is to allow people to engage creatively with the city and server as a whole. They can create or handle either a product or service, which they can sell to either a private person, the CWU or to businesses.
  • Form of activity: Usually only interact with entrepreneurs and businesses or the CWU. While private persons can make deals with companies, usually it's due to very large requests.
  • Funding: While companies are also funded by the owner(s), there is a guarantee that if you're actively working as a company, you will receive resources to stay active.
  • Areas of operations: Companies can be active in any production or service categories, they can be contractors for work, work as an excavation and mining group, handle logistics or / and railways, write a newspaper, do research, open and maintain a farm, create a product and sell it at a competitive price and so forth.
  • Work: Companies that produce goods (scripts) usually function in a style similar to workshifts, where they themselves handle their own shifts for an actual material and financial gain. They are encouraged to hire workers, but can also ask outsiders to come in for work with special permissions given.

With this in mind, the following "application" is practically accepted by default, as all you need to form a company is a legitimate interest and money. However, as in the start of the server especially the latter might be lacking: this is an opportunity to gain resources and secure a location straight away. Not everyone will receive the same amount of resources or funding and it'll depend on:
  • General idea what you'd like to do and at what size
  • Available number of potential employees right away
  • General community activity and trust
This is also only a temporary offer until everyone is well established. While application will be accepted regularly, they might at most last 1-2 weeks into the iteration's launch, afterward it'll be fully done in-character only.

APPLICATION FORMAT:​

Character Name:
Steam ID:
Do you have any previous experience as store owner / CWU?

Business or Company?
Business / Company name:
Current / available employees (please @):
What will be your field of activity?
COMPANIES ONLY : What's your core idea / goal for your company?
What kind of resources are you expecting?
Do you understand that once the server launches, all expectations on your business / company will be purely IC?

You may also ask questions in this thread aside from only posting your application if you have any considerations. If you want to brainstorm an idea but aren't sure yet what to do, please DM me instead or make a seperate thread.

SmoothAsMilk

Quark
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Character Name: Dutch De Salle
Steam ID: 76561198100712739
Do you have any previous experience as a store owner / CWU? Yes I do, last iteration I had a laundromat (On Boris lol), an arms franchise (Boris' Army Navy Store), as well as experience in a few other doodads of businesses.

Business or Company? Business.
Business / Company name: Dutch's Diner.
Current/available employees (please @): @SmoothAsMilk (Playing Dutch)
What will be your field of activity? Diner, making classic diner foods (Burgers, shakes, eggs, all the classic American thangs).
What kind of resources are you expecting? Mainly food stuff, cooking utensils (pots, pans, knifes, the like), maybe Custom Scripts (milkshakes or what have you), and of course, the finest real estate for my business.
Do you understand that once the server launches, all expectations on your business/company will be purely IC? Yes I do.

Reactions: List

Northgate

HL2 RP Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Do you have any previous experience as a store owner / CWU? Yes I do, last iteration I had a laundromat (On Boris lol), an arms franchise (Boris' Army Navy Store), as well as experience in a few other doodads of businesses.

Current/available employees (please @): @SmoothAsMilk
What will be your field of activity? Diner, making classic diner foods (Burgers, shakes, eggs, all the classic American thangs).
What kind of resources are you expecting? Mainly food stuff, cooking utensils, maybe Custom Scripts (milkshakes or what have you), and of course, the finest real estate for my business.
Do you understand that once the server launches, all expectations on your business/company will be purely IC? Yes I do.

I'd like to state as a general note before anyone else asks, that any custom script items can be approved depending on business activity, they might even be added as proper scripts, this goes for anything even beyond food - consider it as gift for high activity :)

A. Vaher

I make events of varying quality
HL2 RP Administrator
Premium Member
Nebulae
Character Name: Johnny McHammond
Steam ID:
Yeah once or twice

Business or Company?
Business
Business / Company name:
The Garage
I'mma mechanic shop
Car stuff and tools and safety equipment
Do you understand that once the server launches, all expectations on your business / company will be purely IC?
I suppose

Coldflame

Proton
Premium Member
Nebulae
Character Name: Lucian Davies
Steam ID:
Do you have any previous experience as store owner / CWU?:
played CWU about a million years ago on LP for a few months. been a store employee a few times over the years. nothing recent enough to be worth mentioning.

Business or Company?:
Business

Business / Company name:
The Nest - Bar and Grill

Current / available employees (please @): @Coldflame (Lucian Davies) @songbird2 (Xiao Yijun)

What will be your field of activity?:
The Nest will be an old-school bar, serving booze on tap as well as staple comfort foods. It's an ideal venue for social events and performances.

What kind of resources are you expecting?:
A building, stable access to food/drink, ideally some instruments.

Do you understand that once the server launches, all expectations on your business / company will be purely IC?:
Aye-Aye

WQxpAkX.png

The Nest
Bar and Grill

Had a long day? Having a long day? Come take a load off at The Nest. With a mix of freshly brewed beers and spirits and a collection of pre-unification favourites* on tap, we're sure to be able to take the edge out of whatever's bothering you.

That's not all- you can get a steaming hot coffee to keep you moving, a greasy burger to warm you up- or maybe you just want to kick your feet up and listen to some good tunes and conversation.

Times are tough right now, and we can't promise to fix all your problems. But nobody ever felt worse after taking a couple hours to have a good time.
*Availability may be limited

NiGHT

Quark
Premium Member
Nebulae
Character Name: Stan Shrew
Steam ID: 76561198213586337
Do you have any previous experience as store owner / CWU? Played CWU on last iteration and have run a stall before

Business or Company? Both to a degree but I guess Company
Business / Company name: New Order Lettings and Supplies
Current / available employees (please @): @NiGHT
What will be your field of activity?: Landlord/ Vending machine operator

COMPANIES ONLY
: What's your core idea / goal for your company?: To own and maintain apartments whilst providing vending machine services to feed residents and passerbys. To pay contractors or employees to stock and maintain machines regularly.

What kind of resources are you expecting? Tools and building supplies to repair faults in apartments. Snacks and Drinks for the machines.
Do you understand that once the server launches, all expectations on your business / company will be purely IC? I do.

Willy del Silly

huh?
Premium Member
Nebulae
Character Name: Malik King
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:62858809
Do you have any previous experience as store owner / CWU?: I ran this store for a little bit in City 8 as well as other stores as other characters and was in CWU for a little bit

Business or Company?:
Business (for now, may expand into a larger company/franchise if the server takes us to different parts of the world)
Business / Company name:
Beauty King
Just myself for now, but would be hiring any employees in-character.
Running a salon in the city to provide RP if any characters want to change their appearance via haircuts, shaves, cleanups, makeup, etc.
A building/storefront including furniture and appliances such as hot water
Do you understand that once the server launches, all expectations on your business / company will be purely IC?:
Yes

Bounter

Neutrino
Nebulae
Character Name: Richard Dooley
Steam ID: 12345645621
Do you have any previous experience as store owner / CWU? - On other servers yeah, but sadly not on NEB.

Business or Company? -
Business
Business / Company name: Bùth
(from Irish)
Current / available employees (please @): None as of now except me (aka. @Bounter )
What will be your field of activity? -
Buying scrap/scav items, brokens parts, parts in general and such for money, while also selling parts,components, resources normally as well. Could also turn 'em into tokens for myself and occasionally provide CWU with the items I have gotten or repaired.
What kind of resources are you expecting? -
Scrap, broken parts, components, broken items in general, legal scav items
Do you understand that once the server launches, all expectations on your business / company will be purely IC? - Yup I do!

Northgate

HL2 RP Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Do you have any previous experience as store owner / CWU?: I ran this store for a little bit in City 8 as well as other stores as other characters and was in CWU for a little bit

Business or Company?: Business (for now, may expand into a larger company/franchise if the server takes us to different parts of the world)
Business / Company name: Beauty King
Current / available employees (please @): Just myself for now, but would be hiring any employees in-character.
What will be your field of activity?: Running a salon in the city to provide RP if any characters want to change their appearance via haircuts, shaves, cleanups, makeup, etc.
What kind of resources are you expecting?: A building/storefront including furniture and appliances such as hot water
Do you understand that once the server launches, all expectations on your business / company will be purely IC?: Yes

While I love the idea, are you sure? RP stuff like hair dressers are usually a bit harder to push to people since most times they just go to a premium locker, sadly unless we'd get auths to allow you to apply bodygroup stuff but I can't guarantee that yet.

Willy del Silly

huh?
Premium Member
Nebulae
While I love the idea, are you sure? RP stuff like hair dressers are usually a bit harder to push to people since most times they just go to a premium locker, sadly unless we'd get auths to allow you to apply bodygroup stuff but I can't guarantee that yet.
It'd mainly be offering a sort of "explanation" as to how people can just pop on a new hairstyle and all that. I feel like it'd be pretty much only RP without any mechanical in-game stuff that I'd be offering. I never thought that I'd be able to do anything with bodygroups. However, if you think it might be a bad idea/ not fit in the server its no sweat.

Northgate

HL2 RP Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
It'd mainly be offering a sort of "explanation" as to how people can just pop on a new hairstyle and all that. I feel like it'd be pretty much only RP without any mechanical in-game stuff that I'd be offering. I never thought that I'd be able to do anything with bodygroups. However, if you think it might be a bad idea/ not fit in the server its no sweat.

Not thinking it is a bad idea in the slightest! Simply worried you might have a hard time establishing yourself. I'll have a talk with the guys and see if we can do anything cool

Earthnov

String
Nebulae
Character Name: Markus Gottfried
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:68132164
Do you have any previous experience as store owner / CWU? I used to play CWU but that was 3-4 years ago and i have no experience as a Store Owner

Business or Company? Business
Business / Company name: Little Vienna
Current / available employees (please @): He is the co-owner @Ricsow
What will be your field of activity? Bakery
What kind of resources are you expecting? Probably the things needed for a bakery and it's machinery plus furniture to decorate.
Do you understand that once the server launches, all expectations on your business / company will be purely IC? Yes

Tarion

Neutrino
Nebulae
Character Name: Jürgen Stadler
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:79501012
Do you have any previous experience as store owner / CWU? Yes i do, i ran a store/bar 2-3 years back on i17 for quite a long time with 3 others. I also had a CWU character for some time during that iteration, on which i focused on creative labour shifts.

Business or Company? Company
Business / Company name: Terminal News (we're not entirely set on the name though)
Current / available employees (please @): @Strain @Pain @Faluske
What will be your field of activity? Journalism so mainly interviewing people, noting down stories that then get put in the weekly newspaper, also selling newspapers.
COMPANIES ONLY : What's your core idea / goal for your company? Our idea is to run a newspaper company with a handful of journalists that write up a weekly (times aren't set in stone) newspaper that we would distribute both ourselves and hopefully by having stores sell them aswell. We hope to eventually expand this small newspaper company to run shows and so on aswell.
What kind of resources are you expecting? We mostly just need a building, access to paper, and some way to produce newspapers, as that will be our primary service/product.
Do you understand that once the server launches, all expectations on your business / company will be purely IC? Of course.

Northgate

HL2 RP Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Due to a high amount of applications for stores / businesses, applications for those will close tonight as space is relatively limited. Company applications will remain open until next week however.

Last edited:

Blitz0012

Proton
Nebulae
Character Name: Bill Maddy
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:79277566
Do you have any previous experience as store owner / CWU?: Was part of a Kebab store previously on this server and did briefly run a food stall and a bar on TnB.

Business / Company name: Liebrecht & Maddy's Quality Cuts
Current / available employees (please @): Myself and @Random
Traditional Butcher Shop - Two men working to keep their trade alive by any means possible - must they work from a stall, store, or van. At the start, they'd deal in the usual stuff, but as time goes on and resources become more scarce they might find some more exploratory cuts. Ideally, I'd like to get some good trade going with us and other businesses.

Northgate

HL2 RP Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

Business & Company Support​

As promised, here is the stamp of approval. But first, an important note.

DURING THE INITIAL PART OF THE SERVER, the relocation programme is still in its early days™ and as such the city is still ravaged. This means, stores will initially not be available. As a compromise, everyone will be given a "stall permit" to put wherever they want.

You will be responsible for assisting in rubble cleaning operations by sponsoring it. This means, whoever can run the best businesses and make the most profit (or is willing to invest the majority of their starting funds) can get the best locations. Companies however will be given initial surfaces, but they might still have to do some clean up duties. I will start a forum conversation will all business leads.

Current/available employees (please @): @SmoothAsMilk (Playing Dutch)
What kind of resources are you expecting? Mainly food stuff, cooking utensils (pots, pans, knifes, the like), maybe Custom Scripts (milkshakes or what have you), and of course, the finest real estate for my business.

Accepted. You will be given an average token grant and a few extra supplies.

Character Name: Johnny McHammond
Steam ID:
Yeah once or twice

Business / Company name: The Garage
I'mma mechanic shop
Car stuff and tools and safety equipment
Do you understand that once the server launches, all expectations on your business / company will be purely IC? I suppose

Accepted. You will be given an average token grant some extra supplies, as well as an extra task.

Character Name: Lucian Davies
Steam ID: 76561198041954453
Do you have any previous experience as store owner / CWU?: played CWU about a million years ago on LP for a few months. been a store employee a few times over the years. nothing recent enough to be worth mentioning.
Business or Company?: Business

Business / Company name: The Nest - Bar and Grill

Current / available employees (please @): @Coldflame (Lucian Davies) @songbird2 (Xiao Yijun)

The Nest will be an old-school bar, serving booze on tap as well as staple comfort foods. It's an ideal venue for social events and performances.

A building, stable access to food/drink, ideally some instruments.

Do you understand that once the server launches, all expectations on your business / company will be purely IC?: Aye-Aye

Accepted. You will be given a slightly larger token grant.

Character Name: Stan Shrew
Steam ID: 76561198213586337
Do you have any previous experience as store owner / CWU? Played CWU on last iteration and have run a stall before

Business or Company? Both to a degree but I guess Company
Business / Company name: New Order Lettings and Supplies
Current / available employees (please @): @NiGHT
What will be your field of activity?: Landlord/ Vending machine operator

COMPANIES ONLY : What's your core idea / goal for your company?: To own and maintain apartments whilst providing vending machine services to feed residents and passerbys. To pay contractors or employees to stock and maintain machines regularly.

What kind of resources are you expecting? Tools and building supplies to repair faults in apartments. Snacks and Drinks for the machines.
Do you understand that once the server launches, all expectations on your business / company will be purely IC? I do.

Accepted. Vending machines are sadly not available yet to my knowledge, but it's been put forward. However, you will receive a special task from me.

Business or Company?: Business (for now, may expand into a larger company/franchise if the server takes us to different parts of the world)
Business / Company name: Beauty King
Current / available employees (please @): Just myself for now, but would be hiring any employees in-character.
What will be your field of activity?: Running a salon in the city to provide RP if any characters want to change their appearance via haircuts, shaves, cleanups, makeup, etc.
What kind of resources are you expecting?: A building/storefront including furniture and appliances such as hot water
Do you understand that once the server launches, all expectations on your business / company will be purely IC?: Yes

I was hesistant at first, since haircuts can't really be done but I will discuss with staff if there's any cool opportunities. Would you be interested in perhaps selling clothes as well?

Character Name: Richard Dooley
Steam ID: 12345645621
Do you have any previous experience as store owner / CWU? - On other servers yeah, but sadly not on NEB.

Business or Company? - Business
Business / Company name: Bùth (from Irish)
Current / available employees (please @): None as of now except me (aka. @Bounter )
What will be your field of activity? -
Buying scrap/scav items, brokens parts, parts in general and such for money, while also selling parts,components, resources normally as well. Could also turn 'em into tokens for myself and occasionally provide CWU with the items I have gotten or repaired.
What kind of resources are you expecting? -
Scrap, broken parts, components, broken items in general, legal scav items
Do you understand that once the server launches, all expectations on your business / company will be purely IC? - Yup I do!

Accepted. You will also be given a special task during the start.

Character Name: Markus Gottfried
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:68132164
Do you have any previous experience as store owner / CWU? I used to play CWU but that was 3-4 years ago and i have no experience as a Store Owner

Business / Company name: Little Vienna
Current / available employees (please @): He is the co-owner @Ricsow
What will be your field of activity? Bakery
What kind of resources are you expecting? Probably the things needed for a bakery and it's machinery plus furniture to decorate.
Do you understand that once the server launches, all expectations on your business / company will be purely IC? Yes

Accepted. You will be given a slightly larger token grant.

Character Name: Bill Maddy
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:79277566
Do you have any previous experience as store owner / CWU?: Was part of a Kebab store previously on this server and did briefly run a food stall and a bar on TnB.

Business / Company name: Liebrecht & Maddy's Quality Cuts
Current / available employees (please @): Myself and @Random
Traditional Butcher Shop - Two men working to keep their trade alive by any means possible - must they work from a stall, store, or van. At the start, they'd deal in the usual stuff, but as time goes on and resources become more scarce they might find some more exploratory cuts. Ideally, I'd like to get some good trade going with us and other businesses.

Accepted, with an above average token grant.

Character Name: Jürgen Stadler
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:79501012
Do you have any previous experience as store owner / CWU? Yes i do, i ran a store/bar 2-3 years back on i17 for quite a long time with 3 others. I also had a CWU character for some time during that iteration, on which i focused on creative labour shifts.

Business or Company? Company
Business / Company name: Terminal News (we're not entirely set on the name though)
Current / available employees (please @): @Strain @Pain @Faluske
What will be your field of activity? Journalism so mainly interviewing people, noting down stories that then get put in the weekly newspaper, also selling newspapers.
COMPANIES ONLY : What's your core idea / goal for your company? Our idea is to run a newspaper company with a handful of journalists that write up a weekly (times aren't set in stone) newspaper that we would distribute both ourselves and hopefully by having stores sell them aswell. We hope to eventually expand this small newspaper company to run shows and so on aswell.
What kind of resources are you expecting? We mostly just need a building, access to paper, and some way to produce newspapers, as that will be our primary service/product.
Do you understand that once the server launches, all expectations on your business / company will be purely IC? Of course.

Accepted, clearly. You will be given a formidable token grant and I will open a DM with you and your employees.

Anti-tankspy

Nucleus
Nebulae
Character Name: Lukas Weiland
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:125660037
Do you have any previous experience as store owner / CWU?: Next to none as a store owner, but plenty as CWU.

L82TYvV.png

Business or Company?: Company
Business / Company name: Weiland Enterprises

Lukas Weiland (@Anti-tankspy)
Miyashita Saburo (@emmet)
Arthur Eastgate (@Anthrax_PL)
Josefiah Santos (@Toriwarior30055)
Undecided (@dorph)
Saul Polanski (@Jumping Jupiter)

While the plan for this is to be a multi-business conglomerate, the overarching and ultimate main focus of Weiland Enterprises is to focus on scientific research and assist in improving the overall quality of life through the production of the more sophisticated Combine technology (terminals, forcefields etc.) and researching new, interesting projects.

COMPANIES ONLY : What's your core idea / goal for your company?: As of now, the main goal for WE is to help with rebuilding Sofia through any means possible; whether through production workshifts to produce the necessary tools, or labor workshifts to manage the hazards and cleanup operations. The possibilities of 'work' in terms of roleplay are pretty much endless.

As for the core idea, the primary aims of WE are the arts and humanities: to enhance healthcare and reduce extreme poverty, to expand access to information technology, and to fund scientific research and help altruistic people with research by providing facilities and training. Weiland Enterprises is a Combine-friendly corporate entity that, despite coming off as a chance of better living conditions for the average citizen under Combine rule, ultimately assists the Combine in enforcing its regime by 'applying' and helping produce its technology to remind the citizenry who's in charge.

What kind of resources are you expecting?: Asides from a headquarters building (preferably something that could function as a lab), work attire (hazard suits etc.) and the usual standard worktools, hopefully nothing much.

Do you understand that once the server launches, all expectations on your business / company will be purely IC?: I understand.

Last edited:

General Mario

Nucleus
Nebulae
Character Name: Benjamin Porter

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:84986360

Do you have any previous experience as store owner / CWU? ICly, no. OOCly, I ran two businesses during the clockwork/helix eras and I was a faction member of CWU during the clockwork era.

Business / Company name: PorterTech Inc.

Current / available employees (please @): None yet, will get some soon provided that this application is accepted.

What will be your field of activity? Performing research with software and AI, designing and building specialized robots, consistent meetings with stakeholders.
PorterTech's goals revolves around designing and implementing embedded artificial intelligence systems for use in robotics. PorterTech is poised to develop cutting-edge machines tailored to perform all sorts of tasks. Operating as a for-profit enterprise, PorterTech is driven by a need for scientific advancement and financial profit.

I would only require an office/lab, as well as computers and various materials to build machines with.

Do you understand that once the server launches, all expectations on your business / company will be purely IC? Certainly.

Northgate

HL2 RP Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Character Name: Benjamin Porter

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:84986360

Do you have any previous experience as store owner / CWU? ICly, no. OOCly, I ran two businesses during the clockwork/helix eras and I was a faction member of CWU during the clockwork era.

Business / Company name: PorterTech Inc.

Current / available employees (please @): None yet, will get some soon provided that this application is accepted.

What will be your field of activity? Performing research with software and AI, designing and building specialized robots, consistent meetings with stakeholders.
PorterTech's goals revolves around designing and implementing embedded artificial intelligence systems for use in robotics. PorterTech is poised to develop cutting-edge machines tailored to perform all sorts of tasks. Operating as a for-profit enterprise, PorterTech is driven by a need for scientific advancement and financial profit.

I would only require an office/lab, as well as computers and various materials to build machines with.

Do you understand that once the server launches, all expectations on your business / company will be purely IC? Certainly.

I really, really like this application a lot. So consider it accepted. Contact me via Forum / Discord if possible.