formula 1/car/motorsports thread

mårten

Atom
Nebulae
i reckon next race or the one after, it's just a broken thumb so nothing too bad, he's come back from worse

i used to be a bit anti-marquez but having watched his documentary on netflix it's definitely changed my perspective on him and i appreciate him a lot more

i'm a miller fan at heart though
marquez is the people's favorite to hate which is sad
he's one of the goats

my family's been fans since he started in motogp (not hard since he won his debut rookie year)

Reactions: List

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
IMG_2200.png

Johnny B. Goode

Objectively Best MGS poster
Nebulae
trackday at donington park on my minitwin spec sv650 tomorrow but it's forecast for thunder so we gonna see what to do, i got brand new wet tyres to use so i'll make use of them i reckon
FIUJI3B.jpg

o0sPGy9.jpg

Johnny B. Goode

Nebulae
Track day went really well. Wets give an absolutely tremendous amount of grip. Was the only person out on the track in my group for the first three sessions so had a good time learning all the lines and getting a feel for the track

Bruzzo

8th generation bastard
Nebulae
What's the purpose/entertainment value of watching f1?

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
F1 is a highly technological sport, cars driving at 300kph with the best racing drivers in the world.

A lot of drama and great racing, when the cars are competitive with each other it's fantastic. Also part of F1 is teams trying to loophole every rule possible to get an advantage over rivals.

Kleis

Electron
Nebulae
Watching our Magic Alonso get fat Ws, eternally hope for a 33rd and the engineering part of it, and things going fast too. Rest is sadly increasingly diluted nowadays, though it still has some charm on certain tracks.

Getting kind of boring to see the very prominent thematic lately, I guess. And the money, because who doesn't love racing in countries that violate certain rights you advocate for am I right. Maybe recently it's getting a bit closer.

Still not a bad watch on occasions. Not the same as when we had v12 or v10s with the whole new hybrid loophole but it's cool nonetheless.

Trains

HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae

not sure if this has been posted before

but its brilliance

Last edited:

Johnny B. Goode

Nebulae
Photos finally came through from Donington, don't expect and knee dragging, hanging off goodness because it was my first time on track in the wet, as well as being on wets and they handle so weirdly, especially when the track is drying
YTQerAi.jpg

yCN0sPt.jpg

WiFNne1.jpg

WO2oN0h.jpg

7G80uQc.jpg

Trains

HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Dilano Van’t Hoff, a driver in FREC, spun out at spa in the wet, and another car flew into his side

It’s just been announced that he passed away

Pretty much 1:1 how Hubert died

Fucking tragic