fortnite beats rdr2

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
fortnite is ok

it makes sense it beat out read dead due to it's popularity and availability on pc, compared to how read dead is only available on consoles and only came out last month

The 2018 Lifetime Achievement Award was presented to Hidetaka Miyazaki, president of From Software and producer/director on the Dark Souls games, Bloodborne, and the upcoming Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice.

Okay now this is epic

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
the way upon video games are rated on their success and quality is largely subjective - do you value gameplay - or a good story, and allow gameplay which may not be the best to be forgiven for an engrossing tale?

do i think rdr2 should've won over fortnite? of course; as an exercise in storytelling and balance of gameplay, rdr2 has been largely unrivaled this year. not as deeply satirical as other games like gta 5, and instead having moments that resonate as deeply poignant.

do i think rdr2 would've won over a naughty dog game or something by kojima? hard to tell, it's a toss up; naughty dog has turned into disgusting shills for spoonfed LGBTQ tropes, but the masses eat it up still. kojima is just loved by all, even if i personally think he's a pretentious fuck at some points.

at the end of the day it's personal preference in terms of the balance of storytelling to gameplay, and who's making the game. you can't deny that rockstar would win over an indie game equal in quality purely because they're rockstar. don't pay attention to critics and formulate your own opinion.

Reactions: List

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
We had so many good games, yet they chose fortnite like wtf?

- Best Babysitter of the Year is the real award

Postal

Molecule
Nebulae
its only a popularity contest at the end of the day
why do you nerds take it seriously and literally