FPS Problem, with a good PC..

Uranio

Atom
Nebulae
I don't know why but, in these last times, I'm having problem with my FPS on garry's mod..
Like, on HL2 I'm going around with 15-22 FPS, in other server, I never saw 60 Fps in 3 months of play..

Why? I have a good PC.. And I can't play Gmod or Arma 3 with 60 Fps..

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 / 2.80GHz
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760

Someone help me please.. ;_;

TheDude24

Neutrino
Nebulae
Im having the same problem sometimes. (There is an model that lets my FPS drop really fast). But you seem to have Problems in nearly all Servers. I would check my computer at a expert who has the skills to do that. He may find something. Good luck!

Khiel

Molecule
Nebulae
I don't know why but, in these last times, I'm having problem with my FPS on garry's mod..
Like, on HL2 I'm going around with 15-22 FPS, in other server, I never saw 60 Fps in 3 months of play..

I'm personally running a 1060 at 1080p, and I can tell you right now, disable MSAA, HDR, and water reflections. Once your settings are lowered appropriately (Trust me, gmod is suprisingly graphically intensive) make sure that ALL non-server related addons are either deleted, or disabled, by unsubscribing from them all (There's a guide for how to do that quickly) then resubscribing to all neb content, and any other content needed. Once you've done that, load up gmod, and do "menu_cleanupgmas" to get rid of all the addon files, after that, just restart gmod. If that's not worked fully, make sure you've got a different type of autoexec.cfg, the one that gmod automatically uses is absolute dogshite, here's the one I use.
cl_threaded_bone_setup 1

cl_threaded_client_leaf_system 1

r_threaded_client_shadow_manager 1
r_threaded_particles 1
r_threaded_renderables 1
r_queued_ropes 1

studio_queue_mode 1

gmod_mcore_test 1
r_lod 0

E: Also, post the settings you use for ARMA + Gmod, as ARMA is quite an intensive game on higher settings.

Last edited:

Jaydawg

Loves QA testing
Head Staff
Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae
There's also this you could put into your console, if you don't wanna do the above one, it'll give you most likely an extra 10FPS, just put it into console and enjoy.

--> gmod_mcore_test 1;mat_queue_mode 2;cl_threaded_bone_setup 1

Thanks to @axid for giving me this cool console command a while ago

Khiel

Molecule
Nebulae
My mans, that's in the atuoexec.cfg that I posted, all putting it in the autoexec file does is make it so you don't have to execute it whenever you start your game, which is a pretty good timesaver.

Reactions: List

Khiel

Molecule
Nebulae
I'm personally running a 1060 at 1080p, and I can tell you right now, disable MSAA, HDR, and water reflections. Once your settings are lowered appropriately (Trust me, gmod is suprisingly graphically intensive) make sure that ALL non-server related addons are either deleted, or disabled, by unsubscribing from them all (There's a guide for how to do that quickly) then resubscribing to all neb content, and any other content needed. Once you've done that, load up gmod, and do "menu_cleanupgmas" to get rid of all the addon files, after that, just restart gmod. If that's not worked fully, make sure you've got a different type of autoexec.cfg, the one that gmod automatically uses is absolute dogshite, here's the one I use.

E: Also, post the settings you use for ARMA + Gmod, as ARMA is quite an intensive game on higher settings.
Apologies, I got my autoexec.cfg wrong, the one I was using had better graphical quality, with a decent framerate. If you want to get a high FPS, copypaste THIS into your autoexec.cfg file.

cl_threaded_bone_setup 1

cl_threaded_client_leaf_system 1

r_threaded_client_shadow_manager 1
r_threaded_particles 1
r_threaded_renderables 1
r_queued_ropes 1

mat_queue_mode 2
gmod_mcore_test 1
r_lod 0
E: Just for safety, download malwarebytes (Great free antivirus) and Avast (Yes, they will work together.) and make sure you've done a full scan with both of them, just in case anything malicious is causing your framerate to drop.

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
There's also this you could put into your console, if you don't wanna do the above one, it'll give you most likely an extra 10FPS, just put it into console and enjoy.

Thanks to @axid for giving me this cool console command a while ago

Holy shit that took my 3 minute waiting loading time to a 4 SECONDS. Thanks friend!

Khiel

Molecule
Nebulae

Aye mate, been a day or so now, how're things running? Add me on steam if you want and I can give you some advice / help whenever you msg me with something.

Uranio

Atom
Nebulae
Now i got 60 fps, but i'm continuing to lose like 50 fps every 2 seconds.. so, i didn't resolved much

Khiel

Molecule
Nebulae
Now i got 60 fps, but i'm continuing to lose like 50 fps every 2 seconds.. so, i didn't resolved much
Alright, use the stickied config, which should work, how much RAM do you have? You can check easily by just loading up the file explorer, and clicking "COMPUTER" on the left, and it should say "Memory" at the bottom, tell me how much you have, as that might be causing it, although the .cfg, deleting ALL NON-ESSENTIAL addons, and making sure to run "menu_cleanupgmas" should fix it hopefully, once you've done that just reply saying how the lag issue is.
Also, set r_3dsky to 0
Very helpful, thanks for pointing that one out, I personally didn't mention it as not many people on the HL2RP server use it much, it's mostly a command used in ww3rp.

DoubleD

String
B A N N E D
Nebulae
If you haven't fixed it, go into your BIOS and look for this thing called "Intel Speedstep." Basically, it's a bottleknecker that is used to "save power" even though that's complete bullshit. If you turn it off, you will be able to use all of your 2.80 GHz w/o it bottleknecking