G-Mod Randomly Closing

Nebulae
I have encountered this problem since a few days ago. I finally got my solution to fix it now that I have had the time to fix it- due to work. I don't need any help on how to fix it, but I would like to give my information to those of you who have also had to face this annoying problem. I can't say for certain that this hasn't been brought up before on this forum, but I cannot see it; so here I am.

Now, what my Garry's Mod did was that after a few minutes of doing anything or even nothing at all- just sitting at the starter screen -it would close. No, it wasn't crashing, it was closing, just closing. There wasn't a set time that it did this I believe, it was estimated to be a few minutes or so. I did try to verify game cache, and it did clear up several files that were out of working order. This gave me the false sense that it was fixed, yet it did not fix this problem. I even resorted to uninstalling G-Mod; this did not help either, sadly. Soon after I reinstalled the game to find out that it didn't help, I found a solution online. Since this isn't a very popular bug it took a little digging. A guy had said to turn off Discord overlay, and alas it worked.

I hope this can help some people in the future, thanks for reading.