Game of Thrones Season 8 Teaser Trailer

ButtonLip

I really was wilbur whateley the whole time
Nebulae

Finally dropped. No new footage yet really, and there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of information included, but I guess that's par for the course with teaser trailers. Anyone got any predictions?

Reactions: List

Prinstonz Hex

Neutrino
Nebulae
Everyone dies and the night king finally unite Westeros, the end. (Pretty good end)

ButtonLip

Nebulae
I have theories:
- Cersei is either lying about being pregnant or the baby is not going to make it to birth (she got them predictions that she'd only have three kids after all) I prefer the first option: she's become that manipulative of a person that she'd hold a fake baby over Jamie and Tyrion's head
- Jamie kills Cersie (Kingslayer v2), probably dies afterword
- Either Danaerys or Jon is gonna die. My money's on Jon, based on a conversation of his with Melisandre
- Arya kills Melisandre (this based on their last conversation, "We'll meet again")
- We're in for another Oops Bran fucked the Timeline bit. Maybe that he accidentally drove the Mad King insane by dipping into the past and telling him to burn all the white walkers?
- Sansa rules as Queen in the North, Brienne is Lord Commander or something of the Queen's Guard (Davos becomes Hand? Onion Knight will have gotten far)
- Theon kills Euron. Maybe manages to rescue his sister and becomes her Right Hand Man in the Iron Islands.
- Arya takes off to explore what's west of westeros, as she's said she might do some day
- Brann returns North of the Wall to live in a cave and became a tree-man
- Cleganebowl will end with The Hound and Zombie Mountain both dead
- Jorah dies trying to protect Danaerys

Shit I don't feel so certain about:
- What happens to Sam and Gillie. I'm crossing my fingers that Sam winds up Lord of Hornhill or something.
- What the Night King is really up to and his origins. I figure he's not just on a simple extermination mission, and that there's something about his past that is tied to the three-eyed raven.
- Where Bronn winds up
- What happens to Missandei and Grey Worm
- How Daario will return for the final season
- Dany is still in for one more betrayal, based on her vision in the books. My money is on Varys / Tyrion being involved, but I don't know how

steve maxwell

Proton
Nebulae
Maybe that he accidentally drove the Mad King insane by dipping into the past and telling him to burn all the white walkers?
But fire doesn't work on the walkers. if you watch carefully when they attack the three eyed raven's base, the fire seems to shrink away from the walkers as they come through. it could work on the wights however.

ButtonLip

Nebulae
But fire doesn't work on the walkers. if you watch carefully when they attack the three eyed raven's base, the fire seems to shrink away from the walkers as they come through. it could work on the wights however.

Sorry, I kinda speed-wrote that, nd wasn't very specific. 'White Walkers' is kind of a catch-all term that most people of Westeros use to refer to all of 'The Others,' and The Wights make up a majority of that army (presumably because the Night King's Lieutenants, the 'proper' White Walkers, can only be made by direct turning from the Night King himself, and is maybe even only effective at a young age, like Craster's boys). There might only be a small number of proper White Walkers because of the difficulties and time inherent in finding young babies and having them personally brought to the Night King for direct turning.

Anyway, we're certain that flame is effective against the masses of the White Walker army: the wights. That was established multiple times, both in action (Jon and Jeor kills wights with them) and in speech (the maesters have made comments; at least in the books that must have happened). Bran could reason that if he depletes a big chunk of the White Walker army early, before Westeros gets distracted with Robert Rebellion and the Night King seizes the oppurtunity in the following chaos to cross the wall, they'll have a much better chance at winning, so he could go straight for the king, in the past. The 'Burn them All' bit repeated by the Mad King could be an echo of Bran's words, Hodor style.

If this does happen (which I'm by no means guaranteeing), I think it would be Bran's final humility check. He knew he fucked up bad with what happened to Hodor, but at least that only affected one person and resulted in Hodor saving Bran and Meera. If Bran were to have driven the Mad King insane, he could be counted as responsible for not only all of the Mad King's burnings but the revolution that was caused by it, 'The War of Five Kings' afterword, and perhaps even the White Walker invasion itself, to a degree. The guilt and shame might be enough to drive him back over the wall, to live in a cave like the previous Three-Eyed-Raven (who I think is still Bloodraven, even in the TV show?)

Fuck I'm a loser

Dicknose

Whatever happens, happens.
Nebulae
Fuck Daenerys, if Jon dies it's going to be the stupidest thing. Game of Thrones/ASOIAF has always had an Anti-war message, and Jon is as anti-war as you can get in GoT. Dany is literally just war.

ButtonLip

Nebulae
Fuck Daenerys, if Jon dies it's going to be the stupidest thing. Game of Thrones/ASOIAF has always had an Anti-war message, and Jon is as anti-war as you can get in GoT. Dany is literally just war.

I've got some suspicion that Jon'll die because of a chat of his with Melisandre, where she tells him "Maybe the Lord brought you back to die somewhere else" or something to that effect. idk, sorta stuck with me.

If you followed the Danaerys prophetic visions in the books, there's mention of her needing to 'beware the perfumed seneschal'. At this point, I'm gonna go ahead and assume that's Varys. He says his duty is to the realm, and he's already having doubts about Danaerys for fucking immolating people like her pa. If things keep going as they're going, I figure he'll make a move. In the end, it's possible both Dany and Jon will be dead

Sneaky

The one and only.
Nebulae
I'm waiting for thirty min theory vids about this small teaser.

i swear i'm the only person who hates samwell as a character

ButtonLip

Nebulae
I'm waiting for thirty min theory vids about this small teaser.

i swear i'm the only person who hates samwell as a character

I enjoy my fat bean Samwell.

"Oh... Oh my."

overki11

Electron
Nebulae
i know this is the film thread or w/e but i've never had anything to do with got, are the books a good enough time investment to read? i hear theyre long and i wanna read them maybe after i finish lotr books

ButtonLip

Nebulae
i know this is the film thread or w/e but i've never had anything to do with got, are the books a good enough time investment to read? i hear theyre long and i wanna read them maybe after i finish lotr books
Books are good, but there's so much fucking world building and detail that isn't always significant to the core plot. I've read the fucking things twice, and there's still shit in there that I didn't understand or forgotten about, because other details demanded more attention. It's a bit frustrating when it turns out past details ARE important, like the Manderlays and stuff.

On the whole though, pretty worth it

Dicknose

Whatever happens, happens.
Nebulae
Books are good, but there's so much fucking world building and detail that isn't always significant to the core plot. I've read the fucking things twice, and there's still shit in there that I didn't understand or forgotten about, because other details demanded more attention. It's a bit frustrating when it turns out past details ARE important, like the Manderlays and stuff.

On the whole though, pretty worth it
Tyrions hot throbbing head of his penis was purple and veiny and red, and his seed shot into the whore's pussy hole

this type of shit