Serious Gardening tips.

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I know we're all nerds here but some of us might have hobbies and I need help okay? If you want to meme me, go ahead but I'm serious about this. Disclaimer out the way, let's continue.

I want to make a present for someone and one of their favourite flowers are forget me nots. They're quite big fans of gardening and they have a decently sized garden but they don't actually have forget me nots in their garden. I'd quite like to learn how to grow a potful to give them in their coming birthday in march, so they can integrate them with their garden.

Incase you don't know what I mean by forget me nots: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myosotis

I've no experience at growing flowers and I don't exactly have the space for a large pot, but I'd definitely like some tips if anyone else here has got them in their gardens or the like. Yes, I've googled a lot about them and I intend to take the knowledge from there to heart and do what I've learned, but I thought it'd be handy to see if there was anyone else here who was into gardening who might be able to help me out.

Here's to probably regretting asking...

Zomba

Nucleus
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Don't expect to get any kind of serious gardening tips from a garrys mod roleplaying community

Reactions: List

Essence

Proton
Nebulae
First look up the general requirements of the plant, you can find information about it online, like how much shade a plant needs or how much water said plant requires on a daily basis, maybe temperature if the plant is grown in certain biomes. Revolutionary information, I know, but a lot of people forget this little step in planting or gardening.

A plant requires a fair amount of attention, it's a living being after all and you should be ready to devote some time into it. Since you talked about pots, you should poke some holes (1 is minimal but 3 is recommended, yet it will be pretty different in relation to how much water a plant needs) on the bottom of the pot to prevent the plant from drowning in the soil because the runoff has nowhere to go. Also, the will only grow (length and width) to the same size of the pot that's holding said plant. When you notice it's big enough, it means it's time to move it to another and bigger pot. If you don't do this, the roots will continue growing and will eventually wrap around itself, strangling itself until death since it has nowhere else to go. If you do see some roots wrapping around another, it's alright since you can just pick at the dirt and let the structure fall apart and loose, though don't cut or rip the roots themselves, since you don't want to kill the plant outright.

Lastly, another thing that most people forget, remember not to overwater your plant. As I've said before in my post, your plant can drown, always remember that it is a living being first and foremost, and must be treated like one.

Also don'tcha worry about the other people bruh. If they don't want to help out, then they're missing out on a great opportunity to help a fine guy like yourself. I really do wish you luck and hope everything works out for you!

Edgelord Freeman

Electron
Nebulae
As much as I'd like to help you I have no experience with flowers yet I'm pretty sure they have other needs than my usual potatoes and cabbage.

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
If it's just a present wouldnt it be wiser to just buy them? So you avoid fucking up anything
I mean if he wants sentimental meaning to it then he should grow it
This and because idk of anywhere that sells pots of forget me nots. They literally hate cut flowers / dying flowers so they literally need to be growing for me to be able to gift them.

Nebulae
My only two cents:
We used to have them, as in they resided in our garden without our intervention. From my observation, they liked humidity and would grow mostly in the shadows casted by our fence. However, that's as far as my knowledge goes. Fortunately, a quick google came up with this cohesive guide, check it

^By the looks of it, these are almost the exact same conditions that my Forget Me Nots grew in

(Also, growing flowers is kickass, so don't worry about postin. If you get it rolling, you should keep updating with pics)

Edgelord Freeman

Electron
Nebulae
My only two cents:
We used to have them, as in they resided in our garden without our intervention. From my observation, they liked humidity and would grow mostly in the shadows casted by our fence. However, that's as far as my knowledge goes. Fortunately, a quick google came up with this cohesive guide, check it

^By the looks of it, these are almost the exact same conditions that my Forget Me Nots grew in
is it truly him... the MASTER STALKER?!
ahem, master observer

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
My only two cents:

(Also, growing flowers is kickass, so don't worry about postin. If you get it rolling, you should keep updating with pics)
actually awesome, thank you so much.

my dad grows a few plants
any of those forget me nots?

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
a couple few he shows them to the women that he brings home
Uhhhh well I don't suppose you could ask if he knows any tips for growing them...?
If you get it rolling, you should keep updating with pics
You know what, I think I'll take you up on that. If I get all the stuff, I'll go ahead and take a pic each day so we can make a timelapse or something, it'd be cool.

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
My Dad doesn't like me that much claims the roleplay is not good for me
yeah mines the same but for a different reason. He grows fuck tons of plants too, the guy has a damn farm in his back yard and he'd be perfect ask but IK he'd not be of use.

shibe

Molecule
Nebulae
im planting a cactus right now but i have the feeling its going to die soon since im not sure how much water it needs and whether im giving it enough the book is sayign i should spray it with water

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
im planting a cactus right now but i have the feeling its going to die soon since im not sure how much water it needs and whether im giving it enough the book is sayign i should spray it with water
god make your own thread
:fullownership:

no but seriously I'd suggest finding out the specific species of cactus you have and going to wikipedia or googling its species I guess. That or maybe someone else here might be able to help.

From what i know anyway, cactuses need only a very small amount of water, as they're really good at surviving in dry deserts and the like. But don't take my word for it.