Garry's Mod & Steam crash

Cat

Nebulae
Good afternoon. I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and set everything up, when I wanted to start up Garry's Mod up, addons loaded halfway in the main menu and suddenly my game closes and Steam crashes. I tried reinstalling Steam, reinstalling Garry's Mod, verifying game cache and mess around with -dxlevel 95, nothing works.

I'm not sure if it's the game or it's the Windows 10 itself because the rest of my games that I have work perfectly fine.

Jamie0

Proton
Nebulae
Good afternoon. I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and set everything up, when I wanted to start up Garry's Mod up, addons loaded halfway in the main menu and suddenly my game closes and Steam crashes. I tried reinstalling Steam, reinstalling Garry's Mod, verifying game cache and mess around with -dxlevel 95, nothing works.

I'm not sure if it's the game or it's the Windows 10 itself because the rest of my games that I have work perfectly fine.
I have had this happen 3 times, I had to turn my PC off 3 times and then it worked, I guess If you ever go back to windows 10 and it happens just turn your PC off like 10 times and it should work. I tried reinstalling gmod twice but that didn't fix it so I think turning your PC off and on again a couple of times is the best way to go around it

Reactions: List