gmod redownloading addons when launched

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Right so this has probably been happening since we switched to CW2.0, whenever I launch gmod I get a few addons that re-download alongside this message:

"Cancelling workshop download.. too slow.. maybe stuck? Try again later."

I don't think it's up to my internet since I deleted and redownloaded the addons twice, I also cleared the download cache and verified the game files, these are the full logs from whenever I launch gmod

Code:
Attempting to load Chromium...
x86-64: gmod_mcore_test=1
Parent cvar in server.dll not allowed (p2p_enabled)
JOY_AXIS_X:  mapped to Turn (absolute)
JOY_AXIS_Y:  mapped to Look (absolute)
JOY_AXIS_Z:  unmapped
JOY_AXIS_R:  mapped to Forward (absolute)
JOY_AXIS_U:  mapped to Side (absolute)
JOY_AXIS_V:  unmapped
Advanced Joystick settings initialized
Not playing a local game.
Addons have changes - remounting
Addon 'Nebulous HL2RP Additionals' (710813733) contains file from 708225419: 'lua/weapons/gmod_tool/stools/ladder.lua'
Addon 'NC Additional Utilities 2' (794474246) contains file from 794244177: 'lua/autorun/soundcache.lua'
Transferred 0 B (0) in 10 seconds
Cancelling workshop download.. too slow.. maybe stuck? Try again later.
Error downloading file 'nebulous hl2 rp - Overwatch Soldier Models' (1996774333)! - Generic failure
Cancelling workshop download.. too slow.. maybe stuck? Try again later.
Addons have changes - remounting
Addon 'Nebulous HL2RP Additionals' (710813733) contains file from 708225419: 'lua/weapons/gmod_tool/stools/ladder.lua'
Addon 'NC Additional Utilities 2' (794474246) contains file from 794244177: 'lua/autorun/soundcache.lua'
[doublepost=1589131672][/doublepost]nevermind, now its working, not sure what I did but it just fixed itself

if you're looking through this like 6 months later looking for a fix what I did was unsubscribe from all the addons, delete the addon folder, clear the download cache, re-download them, verify the game files then restart Gmod twice (in that order)

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
nevermind its still not working

Toast Lord

Electron
Nebulae
I've had this issue as well. I've yet to see a fix for this. Perhaps with all the players on at once since everyone is now at home, the workshop can't really keep up? Sometimes it just downloads itself. It's completely random it seems (Least from my perspective)

An alternative I found to working around this, is using a workshop downloader/unpacker and placing the addon in the addon folder to mount it manually. If you want I can give you a link to my favorite workshop downloader. Its not a fix unfortunately but its the best workaround while this issue persists.

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
I've had this issue as well. I've yet to see a fix for this. Perhaps with all the players on at once since everyone is now at home, the workshop can't really keep up? Sometimes it just downloads itself. It's completely random it seems (Least from my perspective)

An alternative I found to working around this, is using a workshop downloader/unpacker and placing the addon in the addon folder to mount it manually. If you want I can give you a link to my favorite workshop downloader. Its not a fix unfortunately but its the best workaround while this issue persists.
I managed to fix it by uninstalling and reinstalling gmod, try that if you havent

Slöth

TBL
Nebulae
A full reinstall is required for this, delete all your local files with GMOD and then run a reinstall.

Make sure you don't have any addons that no longer exist/have been removed from the workshop. This sometimes happens.