Going for Politics/President?

venutianPunk

Leftist Cuck
Nebulae
So- I'm unsure now what I want to do in life. I still have a passion for art, but just- looking at President Trump on the TV makes me want to go for President to do all that I can. I'm unsure if I'll continue down this route, but I'm high-key considering it. I've a lot to do before I'm eligible in 17 years, so I thought I'd start somewhere. I figured I could begin by getting to know the topics that are a part of my "Platform In-Progress". In the hyperlink provided, there is a questionnaire with a set of focus statements. All I'm asking you lot to do is to simply type out a question for each statement. It can be anything, and everything helps.

From there, I'll be doing research n' shit to answer the questions in some form of academic paper. Doing so will provide myself with experience on the topic, at least somewhat, and will provide the readers with information as well.

Understand that these focus statements aren't set in stone. If proven research contradicts the statement, then the statement will change accordingly.

This thread is not the place for debate on these topics, not at the moment. Thank you!

Click HERE for the questionnaire.

Reactions: List

Deerjohn

Nucleus
Nebulae
>yfw a roleplayer becomes a highly revered political figure and the fame of the roleplay-oriented community skyrockets

venutianPunk

Leftist Cuck
Nebulae
>yfw a roleplayer becomes a highly revered political figure and the fame of the roleplay-oriented community skyrockets

>at inagural speech
>right in to the fucking mic
>"Before I get started, I'd like to thank those that really did help me get to where I am now. First I'd like to thank my friends and family for their unshaken support and love over the years, my voters of course as I would not be up here would it not be for their belief in me, the many third-party research and educational groups that see my vision as something that will benefit not only them, but also our future generations and humanity as a whole. But above all that, I'd like to thank a little roleplaying community in a game called Garry's Mod for the PC. Nebulous dot cloud, thank you for everything. Just. Everything."
>get immediately assassinated by the supreme court

Deleted member 4059

>lol 9mm
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Honestly, pursuing various Congressional District Rep positions in VA has been my goal, maybe even a senator for it, but President is just so, demanding, with little actual benefit. Your stress levels are off the charts, half the country hates you, even after it, and everything you do is under extreme scrutiny by the media 24/7

Guacamole

Neutrino
Nebulae
You'll most likely be able to do more good and change as a governor of a state. You'll have potentially less corporations and lobby groups to owe something to, and can set an example which many other governors follow.

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
Whatever you do, if you run on a pro-life platform, don't tell the lady you're having an affair with to have an abortion.

That'll tank a career.