Serious Gonna remake Respite.

NaughtyDoodz

Proton
B A N N E D
Nebulae
the server was great, good luck in your endeavors. i use to play it a lot myself, even went through the forums to get an authorized character (which only took a week, but i imagine that's because the community was smaller.)

the gamemode itself had a lot of creative freedom and didn't bother too much with restricting the players which, surprisingly enough, didn't abuse that trust. i'm glad somebody has taken on the task of recreating it.
Thanks dude, that means alot.
Would you be interested in checking it out when it's finished?
if so, send ur discord
[doublepost=1584632008][/doublepost]
the server was great, good luck in your endeavors. i use to play it a lot myself, even went through the forums to get an authorized character (which only took a week, but i imagine that's because the community was smaller.)

the gamemode itself had a lot of creative freedom and didn't bother too much with restricting the players which, surprisingly enough, didn't abuse that trust. i'm glad somebody has taken on the task of recreating it.
I really hope that I don't mess this up... First time hosting a server, so this'll be a good project (hoping this'll go well!!)

Reactions: List

Goopy

Molecule
Nebulae
it was fun whilst it lasted, but personally as someone who admin'd, it really should be left to rest

Jolly_Dasher

Electron
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I know this one Hell of a necropost, but God... I just found out that it's been a year since Respite closed, and I came to that realization ten minutes ago
Is there actually anyone who has remade it or did that plan just die with time? Because I really, really want a good horror RP server

Postal

Molecule
Nebulae
i remember when he did a hl2rp outlands server using openaura and i saw 2 ppl were erping
so i was constantly knocking on the door whilst 1 of them slags of me and calls me a kid
found out half an hour later the person who flamed me told me he isn't a kid because "she's 18" then found out the other person is a year younger then me and i was like 15/16 at the time

some prick named skittles
fucking nonce

Nebulae
I know this one Hell of a necropost, but God... I just found out that it's been a year since Respite closed, and I came to that realization ten minutes ago
Is there actually anyone who has remade it or did that plan just die with time? Because I really, really want a good horror RP server
look hard enough, there's a couple in dev or currently being hosted. respite didn't seem that impressive to me at least

Jolly_Dasher

Electron
B A N N E D
Nebulae
look hard enough, there's a couple in dev or currently being hosted. respite didn't seem that impressive to me at least
Yeah, I see what you mean. I suppose it's just nostalgia that's tinting my view of it
A thing I would like to see implemented in rp servers though, is the D&D skill roll system. In other words, attributes and skills actually have an use
Edit: Yeah, I understand that rolling isn't something most people like, but I just want to see attributes being used, aside from minge running and punching

Last edited:

NaughtyDoodz

Proton
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Yeah, I see what you mean. I suppose it's just nostalgia that's tinting my view of it
A thing I would like to see implemented in rp servers though, is the D&D skill roll system. In other words, attributes and skills actually have an use
Edit: Yeah, I understand that rolling isn't something most people like, but I just want to see attributes being used, aside from minge running and punching
i stopped working on it because I was too lazy to make sweps for every item. the gamemode is on github and has all of the features that it had before, just no item sweps.

NaughtyDoodz

Proton
B A N N E D
Nebulae
also in my opinion the selling point of that server was how they did the combat with reflexes for who goes first, strength and such. i did also have a abberation and abomination which was fun for doing combat with people who stray a bit too far.