Good to be back!

MrChubz

String
Nebulae
Hello there, I am MrChubz, I quit HL2RP for a long..long time, but now I am back to be oppressed once more by our Benefactors, which I am asking for any tips on how to get started once more? I am here to learn! Please and thank you.

Reactions: List

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

venutianPunk

Leftist Cuck
Nebulae
Yo.

Your roleplay will very much be determined by the effort you put in. Bored by CitizenRP? Take some time to actually write a character, one that isn't just you or your outlook on life self-inserted into the imaginary scenario we find ourselves in. Keep in mind that once you've written the basis of your character, their development should happen naturally and gradually through the course of roleplay. When in-game, commit to it as if it were real-life - establish relationships and memories with others in different ways. Seek jobs, make jobs, write a journal, talk to people. Act as if your character's life is precious and that they won't respawn on-death. Believe that if your character has family that they are truly separated and are probably experiencing the same as you, worse, or are dead.

If you're going for the pro-Union route, maybe go for a Union-accredited faction such as Union Medical, the Civil Workers' Union, the Civil Authority, etc. etc. - or become a career citizen. Rally others around you to support your local business and the UU as a whole, attend CWU workshifts, report others, etc. etc.

If you're going to be indifferent to the situation as a whole you will really need to rely on those relationships and active character building for some sort of fun. Attend workshifts, but maybe don't give the best effort. Enter the seedier parts of the sub-section of the city, but don't get too wrapped up in the affairs of anti-citizens.

If you're going to be rebellious, keep in mind that you do not need scripts to rebel. Agitate by slipping in pieces of rebel talking points into everyday conversation, but be coy about it. Perform workshifts but fuck up production somehow, make it seem like an accident. Buy non-Union from non-Union vendors, establish a mutual aid network, spread propaganda around, scare off loyalists, etc. etc. But also of course you can go the armed-resistance route at some point.

Your character is open to changing. Those pro-Union might go through some life-altering event that makes them question, or even go anti-citizen. Rebels might lose their pristine and proud attitudes and join Civil Protection for an easier life. CP can go rogue, CWU can go rogue, the indifferent citizen can be radicalized either way, anti-citizens can backstab and turn each other in, there is no right answer, and and answer you do have can change in a moment's notice.

Have fun with it! Participate on the forums, add people on Steam or Discord and make friends. Make applications for factions, etc. etc.

Hope it helps!