Information Goodbye Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

swagile

Atom
Nebulae
There is no forum suggestion section I could find, so I guess I put it here?

Suggestion: Ban goodbye threads.

Why: They were banned on LP for a good reason; drama. Only people who were well respected and put their time into LP (usually staff members) got the ability to do a goodbye thread, the rest didn't. For example, Dirty Harry's goodbye thread. Most of the people who make goodbye threads that aren't in this strict criteria started goodbye threads as a way to stir up shit and make it a indirect complaint against the server instead of actually making a complaint.

See: bubblegum's thread as an example.

I would have made this thread earlier, but I needed a legitimate goodbye thread gone wrong to re-introduce this concept for those who weren't part of LP (some of the newbies who joined nebulous).

JohnLugo

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
good bye good bye to every body
D4NNY-Goodbye1.jpg

let's ban people from expressing themselves because they aren't as old in the community or as popular as other members gg

swagile

Atom
Nebulae
D4NNY-Goodbye1.jpg

let's ban people from expressing themselves because they aren't as old in the community or as popular as other members gg

Obviously you didn't read the "cause drama" part or the "indirect complaint" part.

But hey, whatever floats your boat, dude.

jb

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Obviously you didn't read the "cause drama" part or the "indirect complaint" part.

But hey, whatever floats your boat, dude.
'If they're not popular, then they will 100% always start shit and bring up complaints in goodbye threads'

yeah my dude I agree

ecchikawaii

A NIM E D U D E
B A N N E D
Nebulae
man why do you even care about people making goodbye threads when they're just as useless as 80% of the shit that people including me post

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
All I ever wanted to do was give a heart-felt goodbye when I finally quit roleplaying and link the Grad song I nominated and had voted in, don't uuu forget about me, I'll b alone, dancing u know it bby, tell me your troubles, everything inside and out and love strange so we live apart~~ aa a a a a

Don't ban goodbye threads, ban drama threads.

Reactions: List

Erkor

Narrative/Lore Management
Nebulae
yeah sure lets force people to leave without any notice at worst or at best three people knowing yeah that wont show questions

if people make actually good goodbye threads (such as saying goodbye and not creating drama like a fucking HTTP code they are) theres no reason 2 remove the thread

if they cant coherently say goodbye without screaming and kicking like al ittle fucking bitch then remove the thread or some shit i dont know and i dont care theres no reason to ban a goodbye everyone thread

Dostoevsky

Electron
Nebulae
Well I don't think I need to state this as literally everyone above me has, but whatever, why not.

Don't ban goodbye threads, I'm sure if you were pissed enough to leave the server it would atleast be nice to know some people liked you and are sad to see you go. It's also nice to say thank you and a message or two on why you're leaving and so on. It's not like they're the worst thing in the world and it's a general section for a reason.

ertsu

Proton
Nebulae
fuck outta here..
If it really bothers you that people, who aren't as popular as others, make goodbye threads maybe you should just ignore the threads and let people who actually enjoy other people in this community say their goodbyes.

Not our fault if you have asperger's and can't have a social connection with other people.

Dostoevsky

Electron
Nebulae
Not our fault if you have asperger's and can't have a social connection with other people.

zing

Also agreed, if people want to make a most about their departure from our community, they should be fully able to do so. Telling them they shouldn't because you don't think they are useful and they create drama doesn't make sense.

swagile

Atom
Nebulae
Okay then, clearly the consensus is a big no then, so ill ask a forum mod to lock the thread.

No need for insults at the level of aspergers, dude.

ertsu

Proton
Nebulae
Okay then, clearly the consensus is a big no then, so ill ask a forum mod to lock the thread.

No need for insults at the level of aspergers, dude.

Wasn't an insult, more like "If this, then that"

Status
Not open for further replies.