Google Stadia

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae

Honestly pretty impressed with the ambition google has and the thought of games being streamed

If the service ends up being good I may end up taking part, in hopeful they do a subscription platform where you pay X amount monthly and get unlimited access

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
somebody explain to me what this is supposed to be

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
I disagree completely with this being a good idea

Streaming video games is a horrible idea, it works perfectly fine with TV and movies because they are a non interactive medium and the only downside that usually occurs is buffering but with video games you can get an array of different problems

not to mention it's google, probably one of the worst corporations in the world for privacy

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
somebody explain to me what this is supposed to be
Essentially they do all the computing and processing for a game in a big data center and them stream it to your device, effectively letting you play modern games at ultra graphics on something like a phone, tablet or any device

Reactions: List

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I’l try it if I have good internet. If google wants to spy on me while I absolutelly destroy people on Battleroyales or see me playing Fable genociding everyone they are free to check.

Depends on the prize however.

Stalker

the very best rp man on planet earth
Nebulae
I remember a service like this years ago called something like Onlive? I don't even think it exists anymore so not sure how well this version will do

this isn't really anything new or groundbreaking

`impulse

Head Staff
Nebulae
Any fast paced games won’t work that well due to latency (at least if you’re picky about that sort of thing), but it’ll be great for slower games like firewatch

I remember a service like this years ago called something like Onlive? I don't even think it exists anymore so not sure how well this version will do

this isn't really anything new or groundbreaking
Yeah it died out pretty quick so I’m curious to see if they’ll manage to stay afloat for long

At least PS Now has some incentive with streaming PS3 games but I don’t know anyone who uses it lol

Akula

Sangheili Bias
Nebulae
bit concerning that the eventual end goal seems to be "pay more money, never actually own anything"

jarodine

Nucleus
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I disagree completely with this being a good idea

Streaming video games is a horrible idea, it works perfectly fine with TV and movies because they are a non interactive medium and the only downside that usually occurs is buffering but with video games you can get an array of different problems

not to mention it's google, probably one of the worst corporations in the world for privacy
Tbh google is probably a multi billion or even trillion dollar company. If you have a lot of money. Anything can happen

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
LOL, Price announced, currently $130 For the founder pack which gives you access this year, and included 3 months subscription for you and your friend controller and a google chrome cast Ultra. However apparently the game that come from the subscription are just like an xbox gamepass or an origin access subscription, but if you wanna stream another game... You gotta pay full price hell no, if they did like Nvidia geforce that allowed you to stream games you own then maybe but that's way too much, they don't stand a chance if they don't change anything.